PDA

View Full Version : Your Plans For Summer

Desert Arabian
06-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Since some people are already out of school, and some will be getting out of school soon- what do you plan on doing this summer. This goes for adults too, who are past the school years. :p

On June 13th, I leave for three weeks to work up at the horse camp. I have serious work cut out for me there. In July not sure what I will be doing really, going up to our cottage on the weekends. In August my mom and I are going to the Kentucky State Fair, hopefully my friend Amy can come with us. I want to go out west and work at this horse & mule ranch I found that's in Montana. You get to work on the ranch doing various ranch work, get to raise foals, help breed horses, and get to ride for hours moving cattle through the mountains. Ma said she'd contact them and see if I can go out there next summer. Yay! I am so excited! I really want to get a real paying job, but there is nothing out there right now. Grr, makes me mad, I need a job so bad!! :(

I get out of school on June 11th, ahhhh, can't wait!

This summer is going to be a blast!

So.....share YOUR summer plans!!!! :D

Kfamr
06-07-2004, 03:36 PM
My plans;
Sit on PT doing absolutely nothing.

My plans were to go to findlay, but that's pasted now.

We may go to Michigan in July, and possibly another PT meeting. :)

Amber
06-07-2004, 04:32 PM
My vacation is focused on Elvis. I have to have him housebroken before school starts. and I also need to get him trained. We are trying to think of a vacation to go too. We were considering Myrtel Beach, but we are just thinking.

And preeeety much just being lazy. And staying at my friends, and being on PT. Im gonna try to maybe go to a camp. Me and my friend Brittany, want to go too either a basket ball or vollyball camp. I love both of them sports!

yep.. :)

CountryWolf07
06-07-2004, 04:54 PM
Utah trip - to see Amy - for a week
Kenny Chesney concert
Tim McGraw concert
Lonestar concert
Montgomery Gentry & Joe Nichols concert
3 Chris Cagle concerts
another Kenny Chesney concert

and

Work

;)

CamCamPup33
06-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Amber -- you should come to MIAMI, FLA! ;) :p

I'm going to tennessee in july, for about a month or so.. And then i guess that will be it. :p

wolf_Q
06-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Rachel's coming for a week...do some stuff in Utah
Vacation at the end of July...hopefully going up to Montana and Canada
Best Friends Animal Sanctuary (Kanab, UT) in August...

And working. I'll probably continue Nebo's agility classes all summer.

Shelteez2
06-07-2004, 05:39 PM
Working. Both at the groomers and I have quite a few pet sitting jobs coming up.

I also hope to enter at least one of my dogs in at least one obedience trial this summer. Guess I better get training, huh?

The Calgary Stampede is in July, I'll probably go one of the days.

And in September I'm taking a road trip to Wyoming to visit Twisterdog. I'll also be going to Colorado to meet another online friend of mine.

Oh yeah, I will also be going to Vegas with my boss for a grooming competition at the end of September.

binka_nugget
06-07-2004, 06:17 PM
I was hoping to be able to work for the PNE (a local fair) again but they haven't even bothered to tell me whether my request to transfer departments was approved so I doubt I'm even getting the job this year.

My biggest plan for the summer is to focus on losing weight for myself and Kai. I'll have no excuse to not get out more so it would be the perfect time to get into shape.

I'm also going to be focusing more on training. I'd like to have Kai ready for his first obedience trial at the end of the summer, which is looking quite possible right now and I'd like to work on Kaedyn's aggression and get him ready for advance obedience classes. And heck, if Kai does well in his advance classes, maybe we'll start some beginner's agility too.

Amber
06-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
Amber -- you should come to MIAMI, FLA! ;) :p

I'm going to tennessee in july, for about a month or so.. And then i guess that will be it. :p

That would be awesome! I wish though....

Your going to Tennesse? We sometimes go there to visit my aunt and uncle. :) It's a nice place

CatMama78
06-07-2004, 07:17 PM
I'm going to sit here and be super jealous of all you young-uns and your whole three months off :)

I'll be working as always in a job I detest! Although I am looking for a new one, so keep your fingers crossed that something more suitable comes along.

Crikit
06-07-2004, 09:54 PM
I plan on doing a few agility trails this summer with the Goonies (guess I'll have to teach Tama how to weave and work on his teeter)

and other then that I'll just have to see what happens with a couple of things. I know I'll most likely go down to the Stampede grounds once or twice.

Oh and of course work.

molucass
06-07-2004, 10:55 PM
I will be packing most of this month, and moving to Walterboro, South Carolina some time in July. :cool:

Once I move there, I'm not really sure what all I'll be doing besides getting everything moved in, and unpacked... and then I hope to take a trip to myrtle beach, sc with my dogs..

MariaM
06-07-2004, 11:46 PM
One word - Major:D

BitsyNaceyDog
06-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Justin and I aren't going anywhere this summer. Actually we're hoping that I'll be pregnant by the end of summer. Oh and we're adding on to our house.

sirrahbed
06-08-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
My plans;
Sit on PT doing absolutely nothing.

Sounds good to me :D

Originally posted by binka_nugget
I'll have no excuse to not get out more so it would be the perfect time to get into shape.

I am in shape. Round is a shape:D

Cataholic
06-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Let's see...I will continue working (Oh, to be young...), work on the nursery, get ready for September, sweat since Cinti is so dern hot, what else, what else?

Lillycat
06-08-2004, 11:36 PM
my plans for the remainder of june is to play wiffle-ball w/the cicadas.......

binka_nugget
06-09-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I am in shape. Round is a shape:D

Well in that case, I must be in really good shape! ;) :D

popcornbird
06-09-2004, 01:33 AM
Hmmm...........well we're moving soon, so I guess I'll be busy with that for the next 2-3 weeks, and I'm sure there will be lots to do once we get to the new house too. We travelled last winter, so I doubt we'll be making any trips this summer. I'll just hang around on PT, spend time with family/pets/friends, and enjoy the long summer break. I also plan on reaching my weight goal this summer. I have lost a lot of weight over the past 6 months and have a little more to lose. Hopefully I can work on losing the rest this summer, and after that, I can work on maintaining a healthy weight.

Vio&Juni
06-09-2004, 02:34 AM
I had pretty clear plans for the summer: work, work, work, vacation in August, starting going to the pool, some repairs in the apt, working on my own webpage. Now!!! I don't know how they will change, it depends on an answer I will get today - tomorrow.
I might say good buy to a long vacation this year too, as I did for the last 6 years since I graduated. Well... I am ready to accept it.

heinz57_79
06-09-2004, 02:54 AM
I took a vacation once... *sigh* And I wish I could say I hoped I'd be pregnant by the end of summer... that would be beyond amazing! (Not to mention a bloody miracle! :rolleyes: ) My whole plan is to try and stay cool... it's too darn hot here to do much else, i'm afraid. We are hoping, tho, to be ready to move to Phoenix by the end of August or early september. Culinary school, here I come! :D Oh, and any free time I have will probably either be spent with Arthur (he's going to be starting school soon) and working on my novel. What a thrilling summer...........

countrycowgirl
06-09-2004, 10:21 AM
WELL ME AND BIG GUY WILL BE GOING TO A TRAINER. AND MY FAMILY WILL PROBULY GO TO THE BEACH ALOT. AND MY FREIND HAS A HUGE UNDERGROUND POOL AND HOT TUB SO ILL BE THERE ALOT. ALSO OF COURSE BEING ON PT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AND OTHER THAT THAT NOTHING MUCH :D

Logan
06-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by molucass
I will be packing most of this month, and moving to Walterboro, South Carolina some time in July. :cool:

Once I move there, I'm not really sure what all I'll be doing besides getting everything moved in, and unpacked... and then I hope to take a trip to myrtle beach, sc with my dogs..

That's quite a change of scenery for you! Walterboro is a nice town, though, and you will be quite close to many beautiful beaches. I'm about 3 1/2 -4 hours from Walterboro, here in Greenville, but welcome to SC!!!! I have family down there, but they are older even than me, so much older than you, probably! :)

Keep us posted on your move and maybe some new beach pics! There are many, more quiet beaches, close to Walterboro, such as Edisto Island, Hilton Head, and even Charleston! I think you will enjoy being there, although it is hot!!! You live in Texas, so I'm sure you will understand the heat and humidity!

Logan

petlover
06-09-2004, 11:17 AM
I am mainly going to be here at home doing Ranch work all day long, or on the road to barrel racing competitions. :D I love both. I won't really have a lot of time for PT though.:( But I'll still TRY to get on atleast once a day. This is how my schedule goes each SUMMER day.

7:30 A.M.- Feed Horses, pigs, sheep, dogs, cows, turkeys, chickens, ducks, etc.

Groom the horses

Move the horses into pasture 2, which means I have to move the cows to pasture 4

Move the lamb to the Track so she can run

Move the lamb back to pasture 1

Hose down lamb

Take all 5 dogs on a walk, 2 at a time, 1 at the end

Give the pigs their Sweet Water

Shovel horse manure out of the Barn and Stalls

Give the sick turkey it's madicine

Take the scheduled animals to the vet

Help out at the vets

Ride my horse for a few hours

Feed all of the animals again

And then I hear the dinner bell and I run in.:)

I love the summer days. They are so much fun. That was my usual summer day. Every Wednesday though we give the horses a bath. It's so much fun. More gets added to everyday though..

Also, I'm going to a barrel race on Saturday. It should be a lot of fun. And then the Saturday after that I have a Playday ( barrel and pole race) And then the Thursday and Friday after that last Playday I have a Rodeo and so on.. etc.

tikeyas_mom
06-09-2004, 11:23 AM
I am moving soon to where Jordan (wolfsoul) lives.. rigth now I live about 45 min away from her. But my family is moving, it is odd because we are moving to her little town hee hee...

I hope to goto Clear water at the end of June. I havent gotten out of School yet, I get out on the 18th.
Then I have one exam on the 21?I think....

I hope to goto Vancouver (ROAD TRIP) with Jordan *wolfsoul* and Tikeya. PT meeting Ashley? hee hee

Then umm I guess search and bother ppl in K-town for a job.. lol.
Then I will put Tikeya in Agility and take my Grooming course...

That'll be my summer, and it will never end Because I am GRADUAted!!!! MWHAHAHA :D :D