PDA

View Full Version : It's in the genes????

RICHARD
06-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Genes 'to blame for infidelity'

Some people may be genetically programmed to be unfaithful, a scientist claims.

Professor Tim Spector, of the Twin Research Unit at St Thomas's Hospital, London, says sutdies of twins suggest a genetic component to infidelity.

If one of a pair of women twins has a history of infidelity, the chances her sister will also stray are about 55 per cent, he claims.

And the tendendy for the pair to be either faithful of unfaithful is strongest in identical twins, who have the same genes, he says.

In general he claims the proportion of women as a whole who are unfaithful to their partners is around 23 per cent.

He stresses that genes alone do not make someone unfaithful, as social factors play an important role.

But he says it makes good evolutionary sense to get a good mix of genes - so women may choose a better option if one comes along.

He also thinks it unlikely that infidelity is down to just one gene.

"But there are likely to be genes that participate in it, a number of genes working together," he told BBC Online.
------------------------------

Lol,
Some women actually do pick their men based on what's in their jeans.

Well, I guess if you keep it in your JEANS you wouldn't have the problem.........

And if you decided to cheat, leave and come back would that make it a 'genetic makeup'?????:rolleyes:

robinh
06-07-2004, 02:50 PM
:D
How funny! Where do you find these things?

CatMama78
06-07-2004, 03:08 PM
All I gotta say is kerflewy. Another excuse for people to cheat - I can't help it - it's literally in my nature :rolleyes:

CountryWolf07
06-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Interesting..

sirrahbed
06-07-2004, 07:48 PM
I happen to agree, the problem IS in the jeans.;)

Twisterdog
06-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I happen to agree, the problem IS in the jeans.;)

*snort*

trayi52
06-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Oh, hubby, I am so sorry I cheated, it was in his jeans, uh, I mean it was in my genes!:confused:

Lord Richard, where do you find this stuff?!?

Willie

DJFyrewolf36
06-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Hrm, does that mean all people who wear loose jeans are unfaithful? Maybe I should have a talk with those kids down at the skate park....