PDA

View Full Version : Victorious Defeat of the Bungee Mouse!

catwoman
10-11-2001, 03:25 PM
Well, this morning I woke up to find a little mousie toy on my bed. This, in itself, was not unusual ... both Thelma and Weezie like to bring toys to bed with them on occasion. But upon closer look, I realized that this particular mouse was the one that usually hangs from the guest bedroom door on a bungee cord! :eek:

I immediately knew who the culprit was ... Thelma. She has spent endless hours playing with bungee mouse over the two years I've had it, usually in the middle of the night. (Don't worry ... I take it down when I actually have guests sleeping over!) Apparently bungee mouse finally gave up after endless nights of torment.

Thelma is so pleased with herself. She played with it all through breakfast. I hope it's still recognizable when I get home tonight ... :D

Dianne

Cynthia
10-11-2001, 05:04 PM
We have a different twist on Bungee Mouse at my house. I recently noticed that "mousie" had been liberated from the bungee string and was nowhere to be found. But Emmett still plays with the string that hangs in the doorway! :D He loves to whack it and grab it with his teeth, mouse or no mouse!

Former User
10-12-2001, 04:35 AM
Congrats Thelma!!! :D :D :D

thelmalu99
10-12-2001, 10:09 AM
Atta girl, Thel! You show that mousie who's boss! :D

catwoman
10-12-2001, 12:08 PM
Update: Bungee Mouse now has no tail ... :D

Karen
10-12-2001, 02:08 PM
AFTER YEARS OF TORMENT, BUNGEE MOUSE DEFEATED BY THELMA

Yes, kitties everywhere, the intrepid and persistant Thelma has finally defeated the monster that for years has tormented her from the guest room door knob. The victorious feline has been playing with the remains of the monster, and should be congratulated by all kitties who have similar monsters in their homes.

This reporter hopes Thelma might be persuaded, at some near date, to answer questions from other kitty warriors about how, exactly, she defeated such a notorious beast.

Thelma?

NoahsMommy
10-12-2001, 02:58 PM
HEE HEE

They are so cute!!!

Noah LOVES to dismember his toys too! We had a bungee thing that hung from the slider and he ate the toy off the end in about 3 minutes!

The rest of his toys dont have tails or eyes...wiskers are gone as soon as he sees them!

I bet Furrakso and Thelma had tons of fun doing it!! :D

tuxluvr
10-14-2001, 09:36 AM
Ok,this string made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes...particularly "bee tummy spread all over the place".

I've learned that much of the money I have spent on kitty entertainment should be a lesson to me.

Lesson 1: Those great little toy mice that look like real ones. Indeed, Ritz went bananas for the "bunny fur beasties"--methodically tearing off the suede-like tails first (causing mommy cat(me) to go on poopie patrol to make sure the indigestible did indeed "pass on" without dire intestinal incident)....

Lesson 2: A hungry cat will eat....almost anything. After the furry mice became tailless, I thought, ok, no problem, no more "pieces" to easily ingest...but alas I was wrong. The night before her spay surgery, Ritz was to be deprived of food and water for 8 hours. Ritz had other ideas. The morning I was preparing Ritz for her trip to the vet, I saw this little grey plastic thing...slightly resembling the shape of, you guessed it, the toy mouse, sans the faux-blue dyed bunny fur!

The day she came home from the vet, she looked like she had been on an all night bender! She wouldn't eat.....but her body finally relieved itself of the indigestible stuff (more poopy patrol for mommy cat)...

One healthier cat soon regained her appetite,but was not at all pleased that fake fur mousies were off her playlist. We didn't have to resort to "FMA-fake mouse anonymouse" as she soon grew to love other less invasive toys, such as a wiffle golf ball, wads of paper, large shoe strings, and the perennial kitty favorite, the plastic milk ring!

tuxluvr
10-14-2001, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by tuxluvr:
<STRONG>Ok,this string made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes...particularly "bee tummy spread all over the place".

I've learned that much of the money I have spent on kitty entertainment should be a lesson to me.

Lesson 1: Those great little toy mice that look like real ones. Indeed, Ritz went bananas for the "bunny fur beasties"--methodically tearing off the suede-like tails first (causing mommy cat(me) to go on poopie patrol to make sure the indigestible did indeed "pass on" without dire intestinal incident)....

Lesson 2: A hungry cat will eat....almost anything. After the furry mice became tailless, I thought, ok, no problem, no more "pieces" to easily ingest...but alas I was wrong. The night before her spay surgery, Ritz was to be deprived of food and water for 8 hours. Ritz had other ideas. The morning I was preparing Ritz for her trip to the vet, I saw this little grey plastic thing...slightly resembling the shape of, you guessed it, the toy mouse, sans the faux-blue dyed bunny fur!

The day she came home from the vet, she looked like she had been on an all night bender! She wouldn't eat.....but her body finally relieved itself of the indigestible stuff (more poopy patrol for mommy cat)...

One healthier cat soon regained her appetite,but was not at all pleased that fake fur mousies were off her playlist. We didn't have to resort to "FMA-fake mouse anonymouse" as she soon grew to love other less invasive toys, such as a wiffle golf ball, wads of paper, large shoe strings, and the perennial kitty favorite, the plastic milk ring!</STRONG>

Lesson 3: The silent editorial comment. Ritz has a very clear way of telling me a toy is "no good". I've learned that she has no particular fondness for catnip toys...my first two attempts resulted in her sniffing the toy, walking a few steps past it, and pretending to "cover it up" like it was so much refuse...

Her favorite toys have cost me nothing-balls of paper, milk rings, a dish rag tied in a knot and big shoe strings..paper bags, the laundry basket, empty pepsi boxes...save your money! As the old saying goes "the best things in life are free"

catwoman
10-14-2001, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Farruska:
<STRONG>

:) i guess in a few hours we'll read "congrats! the mouse is offically dead! :)"

</STRONG>

You guessed it, Farruska ... I haven't seen the Bungee Mouse all weekend. :rolleyes: But Thelma does look kind of guilty ...

I can't imagine a paper ball would last more than five minutes at my house. LOL!

catwoman
10-18-2001, 09:40 AM
Aha ... I'll have to try the tape! Thanks for the tip! :)

catwoman
10-18-2001, 09:43 AM
Related to the toy-dismemberment theme ... I once came back home after a Christmas visit to family. My Christmas wreath had been pulled off the wall above the fireplace mantle. The fake cardinal bird had been completely removed of all its dyed red feathers ... stripped down to the styrofoam ball!

I had to wonder if the girls thought "Wow, birds sure LOOK better than they taste!" :)