PDA

View Full Version : Grizz and I went on a road trip

My Peanuts
06-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Sorry no pics though. Grizz, my boyfriend's 155 lb Akita, and I took a little road trip. My boyfriend called me as I was leaving to go to his lake house about 100 miles away. He asked if I could let Grizz out. I was like, "Isn't he with you!?!" I guess not. He wanted me to let Grizz out and not again until someone was home the next day. :mad: We are talking about 15 hours! Don't get me wrong, they are good dog owners and this happened because of a misunderstanding. My boyfriend's parents thought he was taking Grizz and he thought they were.

Anyway, here I was on my way up there (it's in Wisconsin) so I loaded this big boy into the back seat of my Ford Focus!:rolleyes: He fit and was able to lay down, but I was worried about all that weight, sharp nails, and my leather seats! Everything was ok though. Grizz was so good in the car and it was funny to see the people in the rear view mirror when this enormous head would pop up occasionally. I'll tell you this much, if my car broke down I would have felt very safe on the side of the road with Grizz.

BTW, they just had a new house built on the land the old lake house was on. Grizz used to get in the way at the little lake house. Well, that's not a problem anymore. The new house is huge and Grizz has tons of room. When I go back next weekend I'll bring my camera and show you Grizz in his new house.
;)

RobiLee
06-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Yay, I'm so glad Grizz was a good boy! Thanks for coming to his rescue, Diana ;)

You know I would love to see pictures of him. Please!!! The lake house sounds great. Get lots of pics of that too :p

Robin :)

P.S...I always feel safe when I have Katie with me too. Sometimes we like to take a night walk and I feel nice and secure with her.