PDA

View Full Version : Our Beloved Nova

Mandy-Lee
06-07-2004, 08:17 AM
This memorial is dedicated to our beautiful baby girl, Nova. She was 3 years old when she went missing from our home(July 5th,2003)...exactly a week before our wedding. It was a devastating time. Since she wasn't an outdoor kitty, we would let her out sometimes (her and her brother, Thor) while keeping watch..but this day...I figured they would be fine outside together because they always stayed around the yard. This day was different. Nova did not come home as her brother did that night and I knew in my gut that something was wrong. I was up all night watching and waiting at the door, crying and sobbing. The next morning my husband & I went out looking for her...calling her name and shaking the treats. Praying to see her come out of the bushes, but it never happened. We made flyers and passed them around door to door as well as posting them up in every animal hospital,SPCA and store that we could find. We had the few calls, but nothing that turned out to be our baby girl. We still miss her terribly and always will. She was a Huge part of our lives. We still have pictures in frames and on the fridge of her b/c she will never be forgotten. We Love you, Nova!
The links take you to a picture of Nova and her brother,Thor.
Thor Misses You,Girl! Please Come Home!

http://catoftheday.com/archive/2003/March/24.html
http://catoftheday.com/archive/2002/December/02.html

slick
06-07-2004, 09:35 AM
Hello Mandy-Lee and fellow Canadian. Welcome to Pet Talk and I'm sorry this post is such a sad one. I sure hope that some kind soul found Nova and took her in. I can see that you miss her alot but please don't blame yourself.

I would love to see a picture of Nova if you have one.

BTW, I live in BC.

Cataholic
06-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Hello Many-Lee. I am sorry your welcoming post to PT is such a sad tribute. I see the love you had for Nova in your writing. Like Slick, I,too, hope she found another kind soul to take her in. Sometimes things just happen. Don't blame yourself.

rg_girlca
06-07-2004, 01:43 PM
Welcome to PT Mandy-lee. I'm sorry it is under such sad circumstances.
Your Nova is such a pretty girl and I could tell also by your writing how much she was/is loved.

Mandy-Lee
06-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Thank you all for caring!

catmandu
06-08-2004, 09:22 AM
The horrible Part , is not knowing where Nova is , whether she is cold , and hungry , or is in a place , that she doesnt want to be! When Moose disappeared , for two months , I had trouble , concebtrating at work , and was looking for him , all the time! But just as I gave up , the Lord put him back outside the window , that I had been looking out of at least 50 times a day. We are praying that you will see Nova again , or at least she is in a good place! Please Lord , put Nova back , where these Good People can find her , and be reunited!

lizzielou742
06-08-2004, 02:25 PM
What a beautiful girl Nova is. Keep her in your heart and you will see her again someday, one way or another.

catlover4ever
06-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Mandy-Lee, I'm sorry that your first posts to Pet Talk are under these circumstances.

Your memorial to Nova is beautiful. I know you love her very much. She is a very beautiful girl.

I still have photos of all of my babies all over the house....they will never be forgotten and they will always be loved.

lynnestankard
06-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Mandy-Lee - although it's in such very sad circumstances. We never forget the furries who forget to come home. Maybe she got another offer from a house she fancied.

Nova was a beautiful girl and I know you must miss her every day - they never leave our hearts no matter how many years go by.

Lynne

gr8whtshark
08-29-2004, 09:23 PM
MANDY LEE
I FEEL LIKE I REALLY HAD TO RESPOND TO YOUR POST,IAM NEW HERE,BUT BOTH OF US ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION,MY FURRY SOULMATE ROCKY HARDLY EVER WENT OUTSIDE,HE DIDNT EVEN LIKE BEING OUTSIDE,WE COULD LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN,AND HE WOULDNT GO OUT,ONLY TO EAT SOME GRASS THEN RUN BACK IN,ON JULY 14TH,HE GOT OUT SOMEHOW,AND HASNT BEEN HOME,I STILL HAVE HOPE,CATS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO COME HOME AFTER WEEKS,EVEN MONTHS,I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP EVERYNIGHT,I JUST LOVE THIS CAT,I HAVE DONE THE SAME AS YOU,PUTTING UP POSTERS CHECKING THE SHELTERS EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS,I EVEN CONTACTED TWO ANIMAL COMMUNICATORS,I WOULD SPEND ALL OF THE MONEY I HAVE,TO JUST GET HIM HOME TO ME,SO TONIGHT WHEN I PRAY FOR MY ROCKYS SAFE RETURN I WILL PRAY THAT YOUR NOVA COMES HOME TOO
GOD BLESS
TRICIA

Mandy-Lee
08-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by gr8whtshark
MANDY LEE
I FEEL LIKE I REALLY HAD TO RESPOND TO YOUR POST,IAM NEW HERE,BUT BOTH OF US ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION,MY FURRY SOULMATE ROCKY HARDLY EVER WENT OUTSIDE,HE DIDNT EVEN LIKE BEING OUTSIDE,WE COULD LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN,AND HE WOULDNT GO OUT,ONLY TO EAT SOME GRASS THEN RUN BACK IN,ON JULY 14TH,HE GOT OUT SOMEHOW,AND HASNT BEEN HOME,I STILL HAVE HOPE,CATS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO COME HOME AFTER WEEKS,EVEN MONTHS,I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP EVERYNIGHT,I JUST LOVE THIS CAT,I HAVE DONE THE SAME AS YOU,PUTTING UP POSTERS CHECKING THE SHELTERS EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS,I EVEN CONTACTED TWO ANIMAL COMMUNICATORS,I WOULD SPEND ALL OF THE MONEY I HAVE,TO JUST GET HIM HOME TO ME,SO TONIGHT WHEN I PRAY FOR MY ROCKYS SAFE RETURN I WILL PRAY THAT YOUR NOVA COMES HOME TOO
GOD BLESS
TRICIA

Thank you so much,Tricia! I'm so sorry about your little guy. They stay with you no matter how many years go by. We'll never forget our little girl and I pray all of the time for her to come home. I'm constantly remembering her .....seeing her run to me,flipping over and getting kisses. I hope that your Rocky makes it home safe. It's hard to keep the hope...where we live, so many cats have been disappearing too often. I just smile when I think of her and try not to cry...remembering all the good times that were cut way too short. She was so special...just like every single one of them are.
Prayers for your Rocky ;)
Bless you