PDA

View Full Version : Proud Mom!

heinz57_79
06-07-2004, 01:06 AM
I'm so proud of Arthur, I just had to share! :) Today was our first trip to PetsMart for shots n stuff... wheeee.... :rolleyes: I was so worried. Chloe is generally a good dog, and I don't have to worry about her. Charlie is TOO friendly and has to see everything and everyone, pulling on his halti the whole time. And Arthur had never been out in public before. We had to wait to get his shots because of the antibiotics he was on after Katie shreded his shoulder. :( So I'm sure you can all imagine how worried I was that this was gonna be one heck of a time with all 3. Well........ Charlie was his usual self, Chloe was just having a bad day (i'll add a postscript and tell you what happened with her) and Arthur........

Arthur was the perfect angel! :D He sat at my feet the whole time, or lay down. He walked perfectly on the leash, and never pulled. He got lots of attention and just a perfect little gentleman! I was so proud! I can't wait to get him into training, now that he's shown potential (Charlie failed miserably when he went! :rolleyes: ). Like I said, I was just so proud I had to share! :D

Now a quick note on poor Chloe... She and Charlie were getting heartworm test, so they needed blood drawn. Charlie was easy. Chloe on the other hand... Poor baby got stuck several times in each leg, couldn't find a vein. She was about to take the vet's head off! Then we had to take her over to the groomers and have them shave her neck with a #40 blade so the vet could get to her jugular vein. She was then muzzled and held down while they finally managed to draw some blood. Then they still had to give her all her vaccs! She's been sulking all day. *sigh*

RobiLee
06-07-2004, 06:12 AM
Yay! Arthur, I'm so proud of you. What a good pup you were. Charlie you sound like Mr. Happy...lol.

Chloe, sweet Chloe...I'm so sorry you had such a bad day. Cheer up sweetie, it is all over now.

Robin :)

wolfie
06-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Oh, poor Chloe. I hope she has a better day today.

And congrats to Arthur, being such a good boy!

anna_66
06-07-2004, 08:00 PM
I don't blame you for being proud, I would have been too!

And as for the taking blood, when Angus went to the vets a couple of weeks ago they just couldn't get his vein in either of his legs:( they had to end up taking it out of his neck. But then I was the proud mommy. He was so good and didn't even get upset!

tatsxxx11
06-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Good boy Arthur!!! You made your mama SO proud:):):) I know would have too! Poor Chloe:( Who can blame her for being upset. I think a few extra treats might put smile on that face! Hugs to you too Charlie...what a happy guy:D

Uabassoon
06-07-2004, 08:24 PM
I ran into Heinz and her gang at PetSmart yesterday. Poor Chloe just looked to sad and pathetic. Everyone walking by wanted to pet her herd of cute doggies :)