PDA

View Full Version : Daphne ran away :(

wolfie
06-06-2004, 10:02 PM
at 10 I couldn't find Daphne anywhere in the house, so I asked my mom. She let her outside at like 8, so I felt really bad for forgetting her outside, and I went to call her in, but she didn't come. She wasn't anywhere in the yard.

She has an invisible fence, but the collar must have died? I don't know. :( She has her regular collar on too, with a tag too.

My sister and I walked up and down the street looking and calling and she didn't come. :( She's ran off before, but hardly ever for this long. It's been 3 hours now. :( I turned off the invisible fence, so if she comes back she doesn't get shocked (if the collar works). I put her bed on the porch too.

I keep getting nervous when I open the door to call her and I hear the cars going fast down the main road. Daphne got hit by a car in January...

I hope she comes home. :(

Cookiebaker
06-06-2004, 10:13 PM
Oh Wolfie, how very frightening for you. :( :( I hope Daphne is OK, and that you will find her soon.

{{Hugs}}

Please keep us updated!

RobiLee
06-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Daphne, please hurry home. We are worried about you.

I'll be keeping you and Daphne in my thoughts.

Robin

wolfie
06-06-2004, 10:20 PM
thanks. :) She's not back yet though. :( And it's raining. :(

come home soon my Daphne girl. we love you.
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sherbet-lemon/dhp05.jpg

Amber
06-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Im sorry. I exactly know how you feel at the very moment. Scared and worried. My cat, Maggie is lost too. I'll pray for her safe return.

wolfie
06-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Amber
Im sorry. I exactly know how you feel at the very moment. Scared and worried. My cat, Maggie is lost too. I'll pray for her safe return.

Oh, Maggie didn't come back yet? :( I'm so sorry - I hope they both come back soon.

wolfie
06-06-2004, 11:14 PM
still not back. *sigh* I'm exhausted. It's after midnight. I don't want to go to sleep, but I can't stay up any longer - I was heading to bed at 10. Come home Daphne.

I have a big warm towel waiting for her - it's still raining. :(

Kfamr
06-06-2004, 11:15 PM
OH no. :(

I really do not know what to say. I'm so sorry for my loss of words. That's just too horrible.

Daphne please, please come home! We're all waiting for you!!

{{hugs and good thoughts being sent your way}}

MariaM
06-06-2004, 11:25 PM
Oh that is HORRIBLE!:( Hurry home, Daphne and Maggie too!:(

kimlovescats
06-06-2004, 11:33 PM
Hoping Daphne makes it home safely!:(

Uabassoon
06-07-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Daphne, I hope the returns home soon.

jenfer
06-07-2004, 12:40 AM
I am sorry about that. :( Daphne, please come home!!!

CountryWolf07
06-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Aww! I am SO sorry! I am praying for her safe return to your arms!

Come home Daphne!

BCBlondie
06-07-2004, 03:36 AM
Oh no :( Daphne, be a good girl and go back home!! Your mommy and PT friends are worried about you! : \

*hugs* I hope you find her soon!!! Have you called the shelter and let them know your dog is missing? You should call in the morning if she still hasn't returned yet.. also check with local vet hospitals and put signs up if she doesn't return for a while. I really hope you find your girl!!!

RobiLee
06-07-2004, 06:20 AM
Just checking in, Rachel. This is so worrisome. I can't even imagine how you are feeling. I hope you have good news for us. I'm thinking about you and Daphne.

Robin

wolfie
06-07-2004, 06:54 AM
SHE CAME HOME!!! :D

Thanks soooooo much everyone for your good wishes. :)

At 3 am I woke up just as my stepdad was letting Daphne inside. We have no idea where she was for 7 hours, but we're so glad she's home!!! I checked her all over just in case she had gotten hit by a car or something, but she's doing great - just very, very tired. She's still sleeping now.

I told her never to do that again - she worried me so much. I love her. ^_^

BitsyNaceyDog
06-07-2004, 07:08 AM
Daphne what were you doing for 7 hours, silly girl? Maybe mommy should come with you next time. I'm glad you're home and you're safe.

primabella
06-07-2004, 07:23 AM
Oh what wonderful news! Thank God she's back home safe!! :D

CountryWolf07
06-07-2004, 09:55 AM
Yay! I'm so glad she's back! :) Give her a big hug for me!

K9soul
06-07-2004, 10:01 AM
I was reading this and my heart kept sinking as I read down the thread. Then on page 2 the good news, and I let out a true sigh of relief. This is just my worst nightmare, somehow losing one of the pups and not being able to find them. We have the underground fence thing too and I always worry anyway, but our yard is huge and we just cannot afford to fence it at this time. I almost always go out with them or at least watch from the doorway while they are out though, but a few times I've looked away or gone to do something quick and I will look back out and not see one of them at first, and my heart always skips a beat.

You must be so exhausted, but so grateful that she's back home where she belongs. Thank God!

CatMama78
06-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Hooray!! this is the first I saw of this, and I was so excited to read the last couple.....Daphne, never scare mommie again. I'm glad she's safe and sound.

And on a side note for Amber, I'll keep praying for Maggie. She's got to be home soon. Breaks my heart and I can only imagine how you feel. Hugs and prayers to you and Maggie.

Cataholic
06-07-2004, 10:04 AM
Oh, I am so glad to hear Daphne came home! Hugs!

Amber, I still have faith that Maggie will come home. YOu are still calling the shelter, aren't you?

Amber
06-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Amber, I still have faith that Maggie will come home. YOu are still calling the shelter, aren't you?

Thanks, we are always calling them. But they keep telling us that no cat that was brought in match Maggies dicriptions. So we go to check for ourselves, but she's never there. :(

ramanth
06-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Glad she's home safe and sound. :)

molucass
06-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Glad to hear she came home!

Don't scare your mom like that Daphne!

Kfamr
06-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Sooooo glad she came home!!

I hope this doesn't sound rude, but possibly is it time to invest in a real fence?

CathyBogart
06-07-2004, 01:14 PM
I'm so relieved, and I agree with Kay. :) Better to be safe. My aunt's dog runs right through his invisible fence. -_- Silly dogs.

BCBlondie
06-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Phew I'm so glad she came home. What a good girl, Daphne!! No more scaring your mommy like that!

RobiLee
06-07-2004, 03:16 PM
I am so relieved to hear this!!!!

Daphne, don't you ever do this again. You had us all worried!

Robin :)

Desert Arabian
06-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Awesome news. I am glad to hear that you got her back! Phew! :eek: :)

dukedogsmom
06-07-2004, 07:20 PM
I am so glad she's home safely. I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. Both horse and me have been sick. Give her a big hug from me and Duke, ok?

anna_66
06-07-2004, 07:22 PM
When I first seen this I was so worried but I'm glad to hear that she is back home safe and sound!
Daphne please don't do that again!

MariaM
06-07-2004, 07:30 PM
OMG!!! THat is WONDERFUL news! I bet you are SO relieved!!! I worried be worried SICK if it was Major!!!!!!!! I'm so glad Daphne's back! Yay! Homeward Bound!:D

Uabassoon
06-07-2004, 08:05 PM
That's great news! I'm so happy to hear that Daphne found her way home :)

lynnestankard
06-08-2004, 06:07 AM
So pleased she returned home safe and sound - silly Daphne - no more running away - stay home with Meowmie xx

Lynne

wolfie
06-08-2004, 07:45 AM
Thanks everyone!!! I gave Daphne lots of hugs and kisses and biscuits from you all. ^_^

Originally posted by Kfamr
I hope this doesn't sound rude, but possibly is it time to invest in a real fence?

I was thinking that too. We got the fence like 2-3 months ago, and this is the third time she went through. (both other times though I was luckily outside with her and saw her escape, and followed her down the street to bring her home) If there's something really tempting on the other side she doesn't seem to care about the shock. :( I'll have to convince my mom and stepdad. Maybe if we just did the back yard they'd be okay with it?

Originally posted by K9soul
We have the underground fence thing too and I always worry anyway, but our yard is huge and we just cannot afford to fence it at this time. I almost always go out with them or at least watch from the doorway while they are out though

I try to do that too. I like being outside. :) But it's hard because there's 5 other people in the house who let Daphne out, and I'm not always home. A real fence would make me feel better I think though.