PDA

View Full Version : Ping Pong (Table Tennis) Balls

Cathy Harrison
10-06-2001, 06:33 AM
Our cat Othello (now passed away) loved playing with ping pong balls! His favourite trick was to lie on the floor in our dining room whilst we rolled the balls towards him at speed, and he would then pretend he was a goalkeeper and "save" the balls. Alternatively, he would bash the balls away and lose them when they rolled under our piano. We found the balls (and a multitude of other objects!) under the piano, when we moved it (whilst decorating the dining room) some years later .....

AvaJoy
10-09-2001, 07:13 PM
Othello sounds like he was quite a character . . . the turpentine incident in another post left me thinking he was lucky no one struck a match near him before he made it home for his bath! :eek:

Meeshe will hide in his paper grocery bag and when I roll a ping pong ball into the opening he will bat it back out! He loves his grocery bags, and even clawed a hole big enough for his head to pop through . . . I had the camera ready but the photo is unclear otherwise I would post it. Imagine this: the bag is on its side, he is reclining inside with just his head sticking out the hole he made and the tip of his tail barely visible out the bag opening. He stayed that way for quite awhile, completely content! :D :D

cr7clark
10-10-2001, 06:32 AM
We had an orange tabby named Valentine (over the rainbow bridge now) who loved ping pong balls as well. I know we purchased about ten of the things, and he'd bat them around and lose them in the house, so we'd bring out another one. To this day, even after moving furniture and painting, etc. I have no idea where all of those balls have gone to!! :D

catwoman
10-10-2001, 11:28 AM
Did any of your kitties like playing with ping pong balls inside the bathtub (dry, of course!) I've heard it's a real cat-pleaser, but my cats just look at me like I'm nuts ... :rolleyes:

[ October 10, 2001: Message edited by: catwoman ]

AmberLee
10-10-2001, 01:14 PM
Cassy adores his ping pong ball race track (ahem, otherwise known as a dry bathtub...) When he's bouncing off the wall weird I encourage him to burn off a little energy here. (Note: despite my frequent complaints he really isn't ALWAYS bouncing off the wall weird. (Frequently, but not constantly.))

Livvy is mildly interested in watching the activity, but has no desire to stand in a tub with ppbs bouncing about her tooties thank-you-very-much.

They do have their own unique interests, don't they?

AmberLee
10-12-2001, 04:09 PM
This morning Livvy was in the tub wacking ppbs around. Possibly she knew I'd just told you all that she NEVER does this? ;) :rolleyes: :D

They do like to keep us on our toes, don't they?

catwoman
10-12-2001, 04:36 PM
Defiant little things, aren't they? :rolleyes: