PDA

View Full Version : Ja ne

slleipnir
06-06-2004, 09:53 PM
Yup. I'm hoping that by posting this it will force me to do this. I've been trying to stay away from PT but I've been failing. I'm tired of feeling down when no one replys to me. Ever. I get like 5 people if I'm lucky. I feel ignored and unliked. Wait..that reminds me of real life!! I feel like I don't need it online too. When I first joined, it was so fun. Everything was warm and welcoming and now it just seems different. Everyone seems to have one great online PT buddy..I don't feel anyone would ever consider me one. I know I'm being immature but oh well. I feel how I feel. I've been almost wishing I could die lately. I feel so down and gloomy. I even wish I had the will to do it but that only makes me more sad cause I don't really want to die, I just can't stand the hurt anymore. Don't bother to reply to this. I doubt I'll even come back (I really hope this will be enough to keep me away) and besides, you couldn't be bothered with me before so why bother now. I don't like people feeling 'sorry' for me or whatever you call it.

There are a few people on here I really like and will miss you can always reach me by e-mail. I think one of the options besides PM is e-mail here right?

Kfamr
06-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Audrey. :(

I've always seen you as a great addition to PT. I LOVE you, as a friend, as a person.

You have many great talents that I could only dream of having. I don't want to see you go, but if that is what will make you feel better, then so be it.

I've always seen you as a friend, nothing less. I'm not sure how you feel of me, but my opinion of you will never change no matter what. I believe you are a great person, a great fur-mommy, and a great member of PT.

It will be a great unfortunate loss if you do leave, in my opinion, and if you do, I for one will miss you and never, ever forget you.

I've tried my best to reply and converse with you. I hope you don't think i'm ignoring you or i'm making you feel unwanted.

Hopefully i'll still catch you on AIM, and hopefully you don't have to produce any SR's. :(

Please keep your head up.

and I do see you as....one..... :(

Amber
06-06-2004, 10:01 PM
oh nooo!

Please, don't leave. Your not the only one. I don't have a great online pal that I'm always e-mailing or PMing. please stay. I've always enjoyed your pictures of Kiba.

Dogz
06-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Oh, Audrey! :(

((hugs))

I am so sorry you feel that way. I just wish I could make all of that pain go away.

You are a true asset to Pet Talk. We all love you here, I just want to let you know that.

I enjoy seeing your drawings. You have so much talent, girl! We love to see people with talent, and some people like to envy them, like myself.

You always take great pictures of all of your fur-babies. I enjoyed them. I think we didn't see nearly enough of them. I want to see more.

I hope you decide to stay. I don't want you to feel pain, but PT is here for you. There are so many wonderful people here, and you are definately included.

If you don't come back, I hope we keep in touch, friend.

((more hugs))

popcornbird
06-06-2004, 10:21 PM
:(:(:(

I PM'd you. :(

{{{hugs}}}

Karen
06-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Just because people don't necessarily reply to your threads doesn't mean they aren't reading them! Look at the Views - that's often more important than the Replies, numberwise.

Hope you are feeling better about life et al soon. Don't feel you need to ever stay away, okay?

G.P.girl
06-06-2004, 10:42 PM
no! you're my PT friend right? i don't always have time to reply to a lot of threads and posts because im really busy and i usually just read posts. but i've always liked reading your posts and hearing about your pets. so i hope you won't leave PT because you're a really valuable member here

MariaM
06-06-2004, 11:34 PM
Man I know exactly how you feel!:eek: :eek: I used to have my friend, Heidi, to talk to when I felt like this but...I haven't talked to her in a long time. PLEASE either email me at [email protected], or PM me, or something! I would love to talk to you because I feel pretty well EXACTLY the same and its nice to know I'm not the only one feeling that way.

captain
06-06-2004, 11:42 PM
Don't feel down ........... I know what it is like, but sometimes I read your posts, smile, and don't reply.
BUT IT IS NOT JUST YOU ........... I do it to alot of other posts too. Sometimes I just don't have the time to respond, but Karen is right - just look at how many times your post is viewed.

We will really miss you, so please try and stay {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

jenfer
06-06-2004, 11:56 PM
No!!! I am one of the lazy one that I don't reply too much. But I do read the thread. Though I do get "discouraged" when I don't get tons of reply, but that doesn't mean you are not valued. Don't leave!

joanofark
06-07-2004, 08:44 AM
No, you have to stay! I don't really have any freinds here on PT. I allways look at threads but I don't always reply and that is probally what other people do. I would be really sad if you leave so I hope you feel better.:)

http://www.smiling-faces.com/smilies/nosad.gif

{{{{{{Doggy kisses from Duke}}}}}}
{{{{{{Snuggles from Kally}}}}}}
{{{{{{Hugs from me}}}}}}

:(Please don't go! :(

Aspen and Misty
06-07-2004, 09:03 AM
I know EXACTLY how you feel because I feel the EXACT same way....I just havn't left......yet.

Ash

cloverfdx
06-07-2004, 09:10 AM
I know how you feel. Will chat to you if your on AIM.

{{Hugs}}

catnapper
06-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Please don't feel down! Everyone feels like this from time to time. Life is never easy. It gets hard, then impossibly miserable, then something truly glorious happens, so keep in there!

I always read your threads! I reply to a few, but wuld like to do more but I only have so much time.

I stay away from the dog side because I am usually never responded to... I have two new threads there today lets see how far they go :rolleyes:

Logan
06-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Do you guys realize how many posts hit this site every single day? There is no way that everyone can respond to all of them, even if they try!!!! Audrey, I have always thought I was the death of a thread, not you!! It sounds like you are really down on yourself right now, but please don't judge the number of replies you get to how well you are liked at Pet Talk! If we all did that, we'd all be leaving! :eek: And then there would be no one left!

I post new posts on occasion when I have news or pictures to share. Sometimes they get results, sometimes they don't. And unfortunately, because of the level of activity on this site, they also get pushed down quickly. How many of my posts have you responded to lately? I'm not picking on you, but you brought up this subject, and I thought I'd put myself in your shoes. If I tried to figure out who didn't reply to my posts, I guess I'd be terribly depressed! Because many, even those I consider to be my friends, don't always reply to every post I make, and I believe that usually it is because of lack of time and maybe that they never saw them before they got bumped down past the first page.

Don't leave! If you leave, then you'll lose a great bunch of people who truly do think of you as a friend! :)

Logan

Cataholic
06-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Audrey,
I pm'd you.
:(
Johanna

trayi52
06-07-2004, 10:47 AM
I really know how you feel there, Audrey. Most of the time I feel like when I even reply to a thread, that I am just overlooked.

When I am really feeling down, most of the time, I just read thread and then start to reply and decide not to. When I am not reply to a thread, then everybody can know that I am really down in the dump, and I mean really feeling depressed and about as worthless as what you would find in the dump.

I do see that you have so many friends here that love you, to name a few, Kayann, Amber, Johanna, Poppy, Ashley, Julie, and god Audrey the list could just go on forever, if my memory was good, its not though. Please reconsider, I am one of the people that really think you are the cat MEOW!

YOU ARE LOVED!!!! AND BY SO MANY!!!!!

Willie:(

davidpizzica
06-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Audrey, sometimes I feel that I'm ignored on replies maybe because i'm one of 3 guys on here. But it's just the volume of replies coming through every day. I join Thursdays with RICHARD and EVERYBODY always replies with any one that comes on. If you REALLY(I hate capital letters) get down in the dumps I'm just a PM away!!

Denyce
06-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Hey Audrey,
I can soooo empathize. I too feel like a thread killer. I have been posting on this board for over a year now. I too don't have any close internet buddies or anything. I didn't get any Happy Birthdays last month. But for me I am ok with that. I have always enjoyed your posts. You seem to be honest and caring and compassionate. You aren't usually a drama queen or obviously making up stories. For all of that I have always respected your posts and your opinions. I hope you stick around

Denyce

BCBlondie
06-07-2004, 03:01 PM
You know I love you!!!!! :D I always look forward to your posts and stuff.. but K.I.T.!!! You know all my info.. (like AIM and MSN and LJ and stuff..) I will be stalking you if you don't contact me.. muaha!:p You're one of my fav PT people and I don't wanna lose you as a friend...

slleipnir
06-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Hrm. I'm not back but I thought I'd say this..

one, I haven't been posting a lot lately for the fact I've been trying to stay away.
two, I've NEVER gotten a lot of replies (this board or any..even my website) I see a lot of other people getting a ton of replies all the time so it can't be people are too busy ;) And yes, for the fact that I don't get replies like anywhere I wonder what I do to make people dislike me. I don't even have friends in RL to be honest. My best friends are online and it's sad cause I'll never even meet them. I stay in my room all day though so I can't except to meet people.

I don't know why anyone bothered to reply to this when I said it wasn't needed. I'm only replying to this to clear it up I guess.

Again, sorry for sounding immature but at this point in my life I am. -tries to ban self from pt- I don't even know why I keep coming back when I tell myself I don't want to..-sigh- I'm so strange

Kfamr
06-07-2004, 03:27 PM
I 'bothered' because I care. I'm sorry if that bugs you.

Logan
06-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

I concur with Kay. If we didnt' care, we wouldn't be responding, Audrey.

Tell us about Josie and all the others. That's what Pet Talk is all about, our pets!!! I know those babies don't let you stay in your room all the time! They must want to be "out" with you, their most beloved human, and surely you do things with them.

Hang in there, and quit trying to find a reason to leave. We want you to be here.

Logan

bluekat
06-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Oh Audrey please don't leave!:( I will also be very sad to see you go:( I sometimes feel unwanted too, and sad that I don't really have a close friend on PT, but I just try to not let it get to me. Even though you might not think so, you do have alot of friends here. I consider you one of my friends.
On PT, I don't really respond to every single post that I look at. I do look at alot of them, but I'm sometimes just too lazy to respond. I don't really care who the poster is that posted the thread, so its not like we try to not reply to your threads. I sometimes get few replies too, and again, I try to not let it get to me.
Well anyways, please reconsider about leaving us:( You can tell that you're not unwanted here or anything, by these replies that you're getting. You can tell that we all care about you.
If you ever need to talk, feel free to send me a PM:)

joanofark
06-07-2004, 04:29 PM

Same here!;)

CountryWolf07
06-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Oh Audrey! I feel the same way, but hey, don't let that EVER let you down. Sure, I've made many threads, and I don't get much replies, but I *know* people have read them, no matter what.. please stay! I enjoy talking to you on AIM once in a while whenever you're online - - you're one of the people I know very well on PT. Please consider, and don't ever think that we don't like you! I'm one of the many who likes you and you're a interesting person, inside out. I care, and don't do anything, PLEASE!

wolf_Q
06-07-2004, 05:13 PM
Audrey, I'm very sad to see you feeling this way. :( I've felt like that myself before too. Some of my threads get lots of replies and others just pretty much drift away without notice. I honestly haven't replied to many threads lately, it's just because I haven't had time. I do really enjoy seeing your threads...I love pics of your pets (especially Zeke boy :-D ) and I enjoy looking at your artwork. I hope you do change your mind, whether you believe it or not, you will be missed at Pet Talk.

Miss Meow
06-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Audrey, take a scroll down all the topic headings and see how many posts get fewer than 10 responses. Probably most of them (including mine, I know how you feel when a thread goes straight to the bottom).

I hope you stay and find happiness at Pet Talk, and accept things as they are. Sometimes you feel great that you're a part of it; sometimes it all seems a bit hard - but it's worth finding your place here.

binka_nugget
06-07-2004, 06:10 PM
:( I'm so sorry you feel this way.. but I totally understand what you mean. If leaving will make you feel better (hopefully just for a short period of time) then by all means, do what you must.

Just so you know... we all love you at Pawfect Pets! :)

MariaM
06-13-2004, 08:13 PM
I used Zeke for guess the pet - 4, before I saw this thread! :D

Dogz
06-13-2004, 08:57 PM

Me too. :(

green_chameleon_girl
06-13-2004, 09:26 PM
OMG do not leave! I will miss your drawings, your humor, your pets AND YOU!! PLEASE DO NOT GO!!!:(

This isent directed to just a few people this is for everyone!!

PT should not be about posts, ratings and replies!! It should be about pics of pets, fun things, happy times, support (much , much more things too) and together that makes one BIG PT family!!!

Alot of people dont know this but just because people dont reply to your thread doesnt mean they dont read them!! Sometimes, I dont reply to peoples threads but I have made the commitment that when I open a thread , I do my best too read the whole thing! So please dont leave!

~*~ HeAtHeR and BuTtOnS~*~

heinz57_79
06-13-2004, 10:26 PM
There are a lot of people on here who don't have a "buddy". Of course the people who have been here for years are going to know more people than people like me who have only been here a few months. I just try to keep posting, starting threads, even tho i don't usually get a lot of replies. I don't get PMed much at all, and there's no one I chat with on AIM or anything. But I hang out because I like reading and seeing pics of other people's pets, and it's one of the only places I've found with people who understand my obsession with my animals! :) So don't leave because you don't feel loved or liked or anything. I find the more you post, the better people get to know you. Plus, you can always PM someone with similar interests and be like, HEy! Just thought I'd say hi... and start a friendship that way. :D

guster girl
06-16-2004, 09:22 PM
I heard this in a film recently.....and, I took it to heart and have since applied it to life. Maybe it will help you see a different way to look at things. You aren't who loves you, but, who you love. It sure made me feel a lot better. And, I don't get a ton of replies either. I swear, sometimes it seems like the thread ends as soon as I say something. :) It bothers me a little sometimes, but, it's not to be taken personally. I'm sorry to see you leave, I like your artwork.

dukedogsmom
06-16-2004, 09:28 PM
I am sorry I just now saw this. I wasn't on a lot for about a week and a half because I was doctoring both myself and Flair. So, I hope you'll keep coming here. I've always admired your talent for drawing and your pics. Most of the time, I don't get a lot of replies either so I know how you feel. But that shouldn't keep you away from here. Isolating yourself even more will not make you feel any better. Might make you feel worse. I hope you get to see this.

leslie flenner
06-16-2004, 10:47 PM
I don't think I've ever seen any of your posts- I'm on the cat side. I've started threads only a very few times and got only one or two responses but I don't take it personal! It just means no one had anything to say! There are plenty of threads i do respond to and when I see a post that strikes a personal note in me, I pm them! I don't expect to get a response, just letting them know they struck me somehow! I'm not here looking for friends though. I have friends. This is a computer. Pet talk is a great resource for getting and recieving advise on pets, sharing funny pet stories, and sharing personal info- when one chooses! (Political stances, etc). I'm happy just to watch kitty videos and pictures! Why would you want more than to talk about pets on a website called pettalk? I mean, why would you feel you should have made a personal friend on this website!? I haven't (well there is one person that i pm now and then to ask her how she is doing because we have the same stance on cat care)! I have a friend that I turned on to this website so she's around but I didn't make friends with her through pet talk.

guster girl
06-16-2004, 10:52 PM
I don't personally see anything wrong with making friends online. I say if you can make friends, do so, it shouldn't matter where the friendship started. I do think, however, basing self worth on numbers of replies is self destructive. I read lots of posts, and, only reply to a few. It doesn't mean I don't like what the others say or anything, just don't have much to say in regards to the topic being discussed. But, I do have a couple of people here that I would consider friends, even if I met them through pet talk. Anyway, just my two cents.

Kfamr
06-16-2004, 11:51 PM
My BEST friends come from Pet Talk.
I have been here for a while, I believe this is my 3rd or 4th year here (I can't remember when I first signed up) and have made MANY friends and a few "enemies".

I see nothing wrong with making friends on the internet, but you shouldn't feel bad if you don't.

Aspen and Misty
06-16-2004, 11:52 PM
Guster Girl- But if no one EVER replies to your threads you do begin to wonder weither you are really wanted here or not.

heinz57_79 - I don't think it really matters how long you've been here, I've been here for 2 years and still don't have any friends :p

Ash

lynnestankard
06-17-2004, 04:40 AM
Dear Audrey - please stay. I see you started this thread on the 7th June and I've only just seen it! I think a lot of threads disappear so quickly because of the speed of new threads being added! (Did that make sense?!)
I think the 'thing' about having friends on the board is a very new happening - I honestly think of everyone here as my friends. No matter what our ages or gender we have one thing in common - our love of animals. This is why we joined in the first place.
I often don't reply to a thread because what I was going to say has already been said by someone else - and nine times out of ten much more elequently (sp?).
I've fogotten how many times my reply to a thread has killed it stone dead:D :D I often think 'Oh yes another one hits the dust!':D :D But hey that's not important - the fact is we've shared something with each other - maybe it was just a ':D ' or a ':o '.
How often have we laughed and yes cried together and shared stuff here we wouldn't even tell people in the 'real world'?
Mainly because they just think we're a cat (dog, horse, rabbit, lizard etc etc etc) nut!! People here care about each other - look at the threads when someone is ill - but more we adore our pets and this is where we come to discuss, query, laugh and shed the tears.
If you feel you have to go - so be it. You'll be missed because a much loved member of our 'family' isn't here - reconsider please and stay amongst 'friends' who love you.

Lynne

guster girl
06-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
Guster Girl- But if no one EVER replies to your threads you do begin to wonder weither you are really wanted here or not.

heinz57_79 - I don't think it really matters how long you've been here, I've been here for 2 years and still don't have any friends :p

Ash

I know I've personally replied to her threads before. I reply to hers as much as anyone else's. And, I don't know how often others do, but, I know I've seen threads she's started that had replies. So, it wasn't that people NEVER responded, just apparently not enough.

Cookiebaker
06-17-2004, 05:50 PM
I think a lot of us have felt this way at one point or another. But honestly, don't decide whether to stay or leave on the # of replies that you get.

If you want to stay, then just read and enjoy pictures, and comment on other people's threads. And if you decide that you don't enjoy it around here anymore, then by all means, find another website or hobby that will spark your interest.

In my opinion, the more pictures you post, the more people recognize "who" you are, and the more replies you get. So post more, not less, to get more recognition. ;)