PDA

View Full Version : Astonishing rescue of Mommy from evil milk jug ring

AmberLee
06-13-2001, 12:39 PM
Fellow Cat Lovers, beware of vicious, attacking milk jug rings!

Apparently I fell asleep again after turning off the alarm this morning (not the astonishing part) and one of my feet must have been outside the blanket. A vile, evil rogue milk jug ring must have timed his attack carefully for just this moment. Fortunately my hero cat, Cassy, was alert for just this sort of sneak attack. He pounced, he fought, he conquered the vile and sneaky milk jug ring!

The first I learned of this 'Pearl Harbor'-esque attack came with a sharp pain in my foot. I squealed and the blankets exploded with a pin-wheeling, wounded, Mommy. Cassy was busy with his brave defense throughout this turmoil. The captured milk jug ring isn't talking, but the scratch marks on my foot are curved suspiciously like a m.j.r. and SOMETHING set Cassy off, didn't it?

Since m.j.r.s rarely attack spontaneously, I was concerned it might be rabid. Fortunately, research shows plastic does not carry rabies so Cassy and I are safe.

I'm limping a bit now and rather sore, but am trying to come up with a suitable reward for my valiant furry hero. Right now a pedicure seems a very fitting reward, but he hates them. Possibly a full-body massage after would make this more acceptable?

Just wanted you to be alert to the dangers that may be lurking in your refrigerator, under your stove, around your home…

bugmom
06-13-2001, 01:07 PM
thank you so much for the warning as today i am on my way to purchase more milk! to date i have been free of these attacks, but i know its only a matter of time before the mjr creeps into attack position leaving me defenseless and my cats left to defend their territory. Maybe i can hold it off with a bottle top counterattack?

- ps - i think you deserve the pedicure and the cat - for her bravery deserves a saucer of diluted milk or tuna...
http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

4 feline house
06-13-2001, 07:47 PM
Aberlee - there's lots of evil lurking in the average person's home, and thank goodness we all have our kitties to protect us! Other dangers besides milk jug rings are rubber bands, twist ties, plastic grocery bags, dust bunnies and hair ties, just to name a few. Sometimes even your very blanket can be waiting to get you!

AmberLee
06-14-2001, 01:14 PM
Ooooh! Doesn't the world suddenly seem a more dangerous place? Dust bunnies assaults are possible? I am in deeeeeeeeep trouble. Thank heavens Perspicacity Purrrsonality and Olivia d'Flufferuni are always alert for my protection. (At least when they aren't too deeply into their very effective beauty sleep/power naps!)

Thank you for the encouraging words. Cassy picked a new catnip mouse as a thank you present and declined a pedicure. I do like the idea of getting one myself, though... Great idea, bugmom!!!

bugmom
06-14-2001, 01:45 PM
Would you believe that just last night - in one night alone - i found 3 milk rings...of course my keys are still missing. it must be a hostage situation!

AmberLee
06-14-2001, 05:43 PM
Dear Bugmom,

Oh, the moral dilemma here. My temptation would be to counter-hold the 3 mjrs you found and negotiate for the release of your keys. Still, deep down, doesn't this just seem like we're raising the violence stakes? And within our very own homes??? Where will this lead in the future? My litter pans are all plastic. What if they join forces with their evil little curvy siblings? The possibilities here, unlike cats, are NOT pretty. (Oh ick, most of my hair curlers are plastic, too…)

And yet, when mjrs spontaneously migrate from the kitchen to the bedroom, haven't they mobilized into an invasion force? How does one defend oneself? (Okay, I've been know to lift a mjr by its head and 'springy' it up and down to tantalize a nearby cat or two to get the cats' gears going… Defense by feline. Fun, isn't it?)

How does one open negotiations with a band of plastic skulking under a kitchen appliance? I suspect pondering this will force me to self-medicate with large quantities of diet soda, and mystery novels, and maybe even ice cream.

Viva la bagatelle!

AL and >^..^< and >^..^<

catwoman
06-25-2001, 03:46 PM
I actually met someone who worked for a company that manufactures mjrs. She said that the common response when she told what she did was "Oh, my cat LOVES those!!!"

AmberLee
06-26-2001, 09:07 PM
Dear Catwoman,

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif It's nice to think there's an industry out there dedicated to thrilling our 'lil pud tats! I knew mjrs were big in our home, but was pleasantly surprised at how globally popular they are.

AmberLee
07-11-2001, 01:42 PM
Cassy has become a retriever -- of mjrs.

He brings one to bed and attacks it over my legs/feet til I grab it and throw it as far as I can. He races after it and brings it back to attack it over my feet again. Wish mjrs were a little more aerodynamically sound for better throwing...

Eudora
07-13-2001, 09:39 AM
that was the weirdest thing I have ever come across. In S'pore, our milk comes in tins and cartons... so it's really really sharp tin lids and milk carton rings! :D