PDA

View Full Version : Noah likes LAUNDRY!

NoahsMommy
09-25-2001, 02:24 PM
Last night I was trying ( :rolleyes: ) to sort the laundy, but every peice of clothihg I picked up, Noah was attached too....

Silly kitty!! Does anyone else like this too?

thelmalu99
09-25-2001, 02:31 PM
LOL at Noah! http://bbs2.fanforum.com/images/smilies/LOL.gif

I always have a hard time trying to make the bed! I usually just end up giving up!

catwoman
09-25-2001, 02:49 PM
NoahsMommy,

My Thelma loves warm laundry so much that she has her own towel! Every so often, I toss it into the dryer for a little bit and heat it up. She will then sit on it for hours, purring and making biscuits ...

Happiness is ... :D

thelmalu99
09-25-2001, 02:52 PM
http://bbs2.fanforum.com/images/smilies/LOL.gif That Thelma sounds like a real character!

catwoman
09-25-2001, 03:46 PM
Yes ... and she has this two-legger wrapped around her little finger! :rolleyes:

nsweezie
09-25-2001, 10:07 PM
I have to lock Clyde and Scooter in another room when I make the bed, otherwise one or both wind up under the blankets.
Scooters favorite bed at one time was the laundry basket, the more full with clothes the better!

KayAnn
09-27-2001, 09:06 PM
ok i know im not really on this board much, but what are makeing biscuits?!?!?!?!

And about the bed thng (yes i know this is not a dog board) Simba waits till i put the last pillow on my bed... then he jumps right up scratches around rolls around and then lays right in between my pillows!

[ September 28, 2001: Message edited by: KayAnn ]

catwoman
09-28-2001, 09:18 AM
Making biscuits (or making bread) refers to the kneading motion sometimes kitties/cats make when they are content and snuggley. Some cats do it more than others ...

There is a great movie clip of Casper doing it on Casper & Kitty's website.

It's so nice to be "kneaded ..." ;)

[ September 28, 2001: Message edited by: catwoman ]

Cathy Harrison
10-06-2001, 06:37 AM
When using the bathroom on a morning, my Mum chucks her pyjamas in a heap in the corner just behind the bathroom door. When our cat Othello was alive he used to lie on Mum's pyjamas, dig his claws in and out of them in absolute ecstasy, and spend most of the morning sleeping there! Needless to say, we had to be very careful opening the bathroom door, so as not to squash him. Cats tend to like lying on clothes you've just been wearing, because they smell of you, which is why doing your washing can be a little difficult if your cat is around ..... :D

Former User
10-14-2001, 11:42 AM
No further comment needed... :rolleyes:
http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pictures/.jpg

Former User
10-14-2001, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by SpencerTheLion:
<STRONG>

If there is a cat in your house while either your are laying down, or in a reclined position (often in front of the computer), they will get on you and rub their paws. It looks like making biscuits, hence the expression. Kittens often do this to their mom, so they are making you the surrogate "Mom". This and belly rubbing is a sure sign of complete trust from a cat :). I just clipped Ms Vicky's claws, because do you know what it feels like to be massaged with ten hypodermic needles? :eek:</STRONG>

Yes, feels hmm... not nice I have to say. Casper once baked on my stomach, and...outch! Gladly he likes to do it on the Teddybear, who doesn't mind it, he always has that grin on his face while Casper is baking.

tatsxxx11
10-20-2001, 08:35 AM
My Oliver REALLY loves laundy! He even once spent several seconds tumbling around on the "fluff" cycle, thankfully unscathed :D It think it was more frightening to me than him!!

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/008/S2/vz/xk/rY55341.jpg

[ October 20, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Ila
10-21-2001, 01:57 PM
When I am trying to take care of laundry in the bedrrom Misty will jump in the basket. She usually stays till the last piece is removed from basket. If I have clothes on the bed to put on for work most of the time she is on top of them putting all kinds of hair on them. She loves laundry.

ramanth
10-22-2001, 12:22 PM
I just clipped Ms Vicky's claws, because do you know what it feels like to be massaged with ten hypodermic needles?

LOL! I love going home on the weekends and getting my daily dose of acupuncture. ;)

Originally posted by tatsxxx11:
<STRONG>My Oliver REALLY loves laundy! He even once spent several seconds tumbling around on the "fluff" cycle, thankfully unscathed :D It think it was more frightening to me than him!!</STRONG>

Oh my goodness! I'm glad Oliver was okay.

~Kimmy

AmberLee
10-22-2001, 02:53 PM
Hee-hee. Last night I was folding flannel sheets straight from the dryer. Well, I was until Cassy decided he needed to inspect the sheets. I think he crawled around and explored and napped for over an hour. Amazing what attention spans they have (well, sometimes) isn't it?

Former User
10-23-2001, 04:32 AM
I just helped my human to put the washing up

And now I'm going to have a nap in the washing basket

wolflady
10-23-2001, 12:48 PM
OMG that's just too much about Oliver!!! I can only imagine the sound...'thud thud thud thud...MEEEEEOOOOOOWWWW!!! Does he still go near the dryer after that incident!! What a silly guy! ;)
yes, the all classic case of "velcro cat" is not uncommon in our household. If there is anything in the house that my cat can stick to...he'll be there! LOL LOL it's so funny, because I'm contantly removing "cat burrs" from sheets, carpets, clothing...... :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
10-23-2001, 02:45 PM
These picks are soooo cute!! I bet Oliver enjoyed his time in the dryer, nice and warm!! :)

Noah loves being in and under the laundry basket! Last week, he was chasing my legs as I walked to the kitchen. So, to "scold" (yea right!) him, I put the laundry basket up side down on top of him. Think he was sad??? Um...no. I took the basket off and he meowed for it to be put back on...silly kitty! :rolleyes:

AmberLee
10-23-2001, 04:58 PM
Agree. These pictures are adorable and the stories have me rolling with laughter. Thanks all (I still feel crazy, but not uniquely crazy!) :D :rolleyes:

tatsxxx11
10-24-2001, 01:36 PM
Oh Wolflady, your comment......"the thud, thud, thud Ahhhhhhh! That's exactly what it sounded like!! Thankfully, (yes I DO thank God) I was in the laundry area when the "incident" occured!! For days I couldn't block out the thought....What if I had left the room??? It really was frightening and I couldn't forgive myself for the longest time! He came out a little frazzled and fuzzy (no fabric softener :D) but okay!! And YES, he STILL loves to nest in there! I have to check, recheck, and check again before I turn it on!

wolflady
10-24-2001, 06:31 PM
Sandra, that is just too much! :D I can only imagine the look on his face when he came ...er...tumbling out so to speak! :D What's even more amazing...he still likes to go and nest there!! What a character! Give him a huge hug from me! :D :D I can imagine...I would be checking and rechecking too!!! Glad you caught it so quickly!! *hugs*