PDA

View Full Version : Guitar, anyone?

BCBlondie
06-05-2004, 01:42 AM
Just wondering if there are any other guitar players here on PT. :cool: I just bought a new Squier Standard Strat... My first guitar was a Crate Strat (yes, I know Crate is an amp company, not guitar company! but this guitar is by them too haha.. *shrugs*) Anyway, I'm so excited about my new guitar!!! I got it for $200 and it sounds aaaaaawesome!!!

Meet Moonpie!!! my new baby :p

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/DSC07400.JPG

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/DSC07395.JPG
Look how shiny and sparkly she is! :D

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/DSC07404.JPG
Also got a new guitar strap..

Here's Zumali, my older guitar (I've had it for about three years)

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/DSC02160small.JPG

(Okay fine.. Maybe I'm a lil weird for naming my guitars and everything but I love them!! ^_^ hehe)

Anyone else play guitar? If yes, what kind of guitar do you play? and what kind of music do you play?

I play all kinds of music.. some greenday, nirvana, led zeppelin, black sabbath, sheryl crow, the vines, I know 'party hard' by Andrew WK, a little weezer, and I could go on and on, plus I make some of my own stuff up. ^_^

LoudLou
06-05-2004, 02:13 AM
Congratulations! Welcome Home Moonpie!

I am learning how to play bass (when time allows :rolleyes: ) I have a Fender P-Lyte Bass with a Marshall Mini Stack bass amp. Her name is Jenny. My Hubby plays both bass and guitar. He has a beautiful Brian May (From Queen) copy by Dillion and a pretty purple Srat from Lace. Yes, Lace pick-ups... they only made about 80 of these. Both of his are named after Jennifer Tilly.:o He has a Mini Marshall stack too, his is Red tho. He plays some Prince stuff and a bunch of other stuff... I don't always like... He likes to make noises. I like almost anything from the 80's.:D

BCBlondie
06-05-2004, 02:43 AM
That's sooo cool!!!!!:D Your hubby has some sweet guitars! My cousin is trying to learn the bass too - she's in my band (we still need a drummer though).

My amp at the moment is actually a bass amp LOLOL!!!! My cousin and I traded because her amp couldn't take the bass sound as well as mine could.. (which is odd cuz she had a bass amp.. I guess it was just really bad quality lol) but the amp works well with my guitars so it's all good... :)

RobiLee
06-05-2004, 06:58 AM
Your guitars are beautiful. My son has many guitars. He can play bass and drums as well. He has a band and he writes his own songs, lyrics and music. I'm curious to know if he names his guitars. I'll have to ask him. I'll see if he will let me take some pics of them so you can see them.

Robin
:)

primabella
06-05-2004, 07:59 AM
Moonpie is beautiful! :D

Nope, don't play guitar at all but my sister has an acoustic that I'll play sometimes. I don't get actual songs out of it but I love the sound of it. :)

Amber
06-05-2004, 10:30 AM
My brother has a guitar just like that, but it's solid black, and he can play it.

We also have 2 other acoustic guitars in the house, and like Liana I sometimes just pick it up and play a few with it. ;)

RobiLee
06-05-2004, 10:39 AM
Brandon says he has 4 electric guitars and 1 acoustic guitar. He says he doesn't name them. I'll get pics of them later.

He has two Fender Stratocasters, an Epiphone Les Paul Gothic, one that he doesn't know the name of but loves the sound and a cheap bass one. Then one acoustic guitar.

Robin :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-05-2004, 10:56 AM
I play, but not very often because Band takes up a lot of my time. I am starting to learn chords, I have a few down, but I know all the notes, frets, etc. The basics... hehe...

All I have is an acoustic that I got 3 years ago because I can't afford anything better right now. I want this sparkly blue one they have at our guitar shop down the road... :)

BCBlondie
06-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
He has two Fender Stratocasters, an Epiphone Les Paul Gothic, one that he doesn't know the name of but loves the sound and a cheap bass one. Then one acoustic guitar.

Ooo Fenders are nice!! I hear Epiphones are good too.

I started playing guitar on my mom's classical. Electric guitars are soo different because the body is heavier, but it's also a muuuch smaller guitar and easier to play, in my opinion.

Liana - Yeah, guitars have a really nice sound. That's why they're my favorite instrument! :D

Kfamr
06-05-2004, 12:23 PM
I can play smoke on the water, does that count? lmao.

My brother has (or had???) 4 guitars. He has a white one that looked like marble, a red bass one, a black one, and an acoustic... I used to play them all the time, not actual songs though.

He used to play Metallica songs on them.

ticosmyham
06-05-2004, 04:54 PM
What a nice looking guitar! ;) My first electric was a standard Squeir Strat, just plain black and white. They sound pretty nice, but I traded it in for a black flying V...Guitars are great. :D But my favorite guitar is my Ovation that I just got for Christmas..it sounds great! Well anyway, I love your sparkly new guitar, Moonpie!!

RubyMutt
06-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Yes, I play. I love the shinyness of guitars as well :D I love Moonpie's color, it's very sexy.

My first guitar was an acoustic Sekova. I don't know the year; it's been in the family longer than I have.

My electric is a blue Samick LS-10. I bought it new… I believe in 1999 or 2000 (?)

My newest guitar is my black Ibanez electric bass that I got as a gift when I graduated high school two years ago. (I had been drooling over it at the music store for quite some time ;))

They have no names :( I play a pretty big variety, whatever I’m in the mood for. A lot of Nirvana, some Metallica, Everclear, etc… My favorite song to play is probably ‘House of the Rising Sun’, it’s too fun. Usually when I play I don’t play anything in particular, I just play :)

BCBlondie
06-05-2004, 08:34 PM
That's so cool!!! :D

I'm the same way though too.. I'm playing a song by someone, but then I go off and start playing something else and just messing with the power cords or individual pickings and whatnot and I make up a new song doing it. It's a lot of fun!!!

There was a cool Ibanez I almost bought from the store, but it wouldn't distort when amped - it was reeeaaally clean sounding... so I got the working Squier instead. :p

It's so neat to see so many people interested in or actually play guitars here on PT. :D

slleipnir
06-05-2004, 08:43 PM
You're sooo luuucky. I want a guitar so bad but I know I probably don't have the patients to learn though T-T Yours are beautiful XD