PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone here from Nevada?

DJFyrewolf36
06-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Am I the only PTer from/living in the Silver state?
Has anyone ever been to/lived in Nevada at all *Vacationing in Vegas does NOT count...that place doesn't even act like part of Nevada most of the time*

Am I alone? *crickets chirping, echo*

Twisterdog
06-04-2004, 11:15 PM
Yeah, you're pretty much alone. ;)

I can sympathise, living in Wyoming.

I've been to Nevada many times, mostly driving to and from Vegas or San Francisco.

davidpizzica
06-05-2004, 08:15 AM
I have sympathy for you. There are only two PTers from Pittsburgh, myself and Trinity. sometimes I feel pretty alone here too.

CalliesMom
06-05-2004, 08:26 AM
I used to live in Las Vegas. I went to high school at Rancho from my freshmen to my junior year until we moved to California. I absolutely loved it and would move back if I could!

DJFyrewolf36
06-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Im glad someone knows what Im talking about...looks like if there is a PT get together in california, Im going to have to go to that one!

AmberLee
06-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Errrm, my parents used to vacation in Nevada City and we'd explore the 'Ponderosa' area.

I have fond memories of a stop in Winnemucca (sp?) during a drive to the mid-west.

But basically, I don't know Nevada, really.

wolf_Q
06-07-2004, 04:49 PM
I've been to Las Vegas a few times but you said that didn't count so I guess I've never been to Nevada. ;)

I know how you feel though, I'm the only *actively posting* member from Utah.

CatMama78
06-07-2004, 07:21 PM
You said it doesn't count, but the only place in Nevada I've been to is Vegas, BABY!!!! Lol, I did love it and plan to go back...someday.

Cincy'sMom
06-07-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by david p
I have sympathy for you. There are only two PTers from Pittsburgh, myself and Trinity. sometimes I feel pretty alone here too.

There used to be lots of PA people...although I haven't seen some of them around recently...JenLuckenbach, catnapper, Aspen andMisty, LovemyShiba are just a few I can think of...

I've only been to Vegas, so I guess I've never been to Nevada!

Karen
06-07-2004, 08:59 PM
We've stayed in Las Vegas, but driven both sides of the state - from Vegas to Escondido and San Diego California, then back to Vegas, then over to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Then back to Las Vegas and over to the Hoover Dam. So we saw lots of Nevada-from-the-highway ... if that counts.

Twisterdog
06-07-2004, 09:25 PM
*Vacationing in Vegas does NOT count...that place doesn't even act like part of Nevada most of the time*

By the way, I know exactly what you mean: Las Vegas is to Nevada as Jackson Hole is to Wyoming. :rolleyes: ;)

shais_mom
06-07-2004, 11:33 PM
No where NEAR Nevada but I had to tell this:
I think near a LITTLE ITTY BITTY town that is Spelled Nevada but is pronounced with a long 'a'. So I always look at Nevada and say it that way and was thinking at first. She doesn't live in OH!!!

:o :o :o

Cincy'sMom
06-08-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
No where NEAR Nevada but I had to tell this:
I think near a LITTLE ITTY BITTY town that is Spelled Nevada but is pronounced with a long 'a'. So I always look at Nevada and say it that way and was thinking at first. She doesn't live in OH!!!

:o :o :o

It is the same thing here in Toledo. There is a street on the East side, Nevada, pronounced with the long a. There is also a small town Oregon (Oar-a-gon) as opposed to the state of Oregon (which I believe is pronounced more like Organ).

neko1
06-08-2004, 06:48 AM

Yeah I know how you feel...there's obviously no one here from West Milford, New Jersey!:rolleyes: It's Northern NJ on the border to NY. Never a chance for a PT gathering up here in the boonies!:o :(

DJFyrewolf36
06-08-2004, 10:04 AM
The only reason why I say vacationing in vegas doesn't count is because Vegas isn't really what locals see as Nevada. We see all the open space and back country. Up north, you can drive 5 minutes and be in the middle of nowhere with NO people at all :) that and the 4 X 4 trails are awesome! Vegas is too crowded for me :P

davidpizzica
06-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by neko1
Yeah I know how you feel...there's obviously no one here from West Milford, New Jersey!:rolleyes: It's Northern NJ on the border to NY. Never a chance for a PT gathering up here in the boonies!:o :( Neko1, I know exactly were West Milford is! My sister lived near Upper Greenwood Lake there. Where she was The Appalachian trail almost cut across her back yard!

Lillycat
06-08-2004, 05:26 PM
i have a cat named nevada......does that count?

neko1
06-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Neko1, I know exactly were West Milford is! My sister lived near Upper Greenwood Lake there. Where she was The Appalachian trail almost cut across her back yard!

Whoa!!!:eek: :eek: Now that is a shock!!! Yep I'm near Upper Greenwood lake, Just I'm "down the mountain".:)

davidpizzica
06-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by neko1
Whoa!!!:eek: :eek: Now that is a shock!!! Yep I'm near Upper Greenwood lake, Just I'm "down the mountain".:) I forget exactly where her house was, but right behind her back deck there was a big hill covered with pine trees! I think it is a beautiful area and don't call it the "boonies"

popcornbird
06-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
There is also a small town Oregon (Oar-a-gon) as opposed to the state of Oregon (which I believe is pronounced more like Organ).

He he.....I believe Oregon is pronounced *Or-i-gen*. That's how I've always said/heard it. :p I thought I might be wrong so I checked dictionary.com, and according to that, *Or-i-gen* is the correct pronunciation. He he. Maybe people in other parts of the country say it differently though. :confused: I tried saying it as *Organ* and it just didn't sound right! :D

Twisterdog
06-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
He he.....I believe Oregon is pronounced *Or-i-gen*. That's how I've always said/heard it. :p I thought I might be wrong so I checked dictionary.com, and according to that, *Or-i-gen* is the correct pronunciation. He he. Maybe people in other parts of the country say it differently though. :confused: I tried saying it as *Organ* and it just didn't sound right! :D

I've always said Or-i-gen. I have never heard it pronounced any other way. :confused: