PDA

View Full Version : Big Cat On The Prowl Atlanta Georgia

QueenScoopalot
06-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Big Cat on the Prowl in Buckhead

POSTED: 2:43 pm EDT June 3, 2004

ATLANTA -- It may not be a lynx, but the feline terrorizing a well-heeled neighborhood is no normal cat, neighbors say.

There's a large wild cat prowling around the Mount Paran neighborhood in north Atlanta, home to some of the city's wealthiest. One baby sitter even had to take cover in a backyard pool after being startled by the animal.

Resident Woodrow Vaughn was so startled by the feline when he saw it on his back porch that he took its picture.

"I sort of hollered at it, and it just stared at me," Vaughan said.

Animal control officials say the cat may be a lynx, a wild animal much larger than a house cat.

"It's a really big kitty cat," said Fulton Animal Control director David Smith. "They do have real sharp teeth and real big claws, and they can hurt you if they want."

The state Department of Natural Resources is planning to come pick up the cat the next time someone sees it.

DJFyrewolf36
06-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Poor kitty!!! I hope they relocate it and not kill it!

I always root for the cat!

leslie flenner
06-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Is there a way you can subscribe to that paper for a bit just to keep updated on this and let us know what happens, if anything?
In Beverly, there were many spottings of a "cougar" but i've heard nothing in many months. Not since the police made a fake dear and put it in the woods with a video camera on and nothing happened! (der).

catmandu
06-05-2004, 08:49 AM
There was a panic in Richmond hills , northof Toronto , where people said that a Panther was loose! It turned out to be a mostly black , lost Maine Coon , at 29 pounds , who was caught , and reunited , with his owner!

QueenScoopalot
06-05-2004, 09:45 AM
That's silly that people could mistake a housecat (a big one) for a panther! LOL!

sirrahbed
06-05-2004, 09:53 AM
:D We had two big lugs for carpetmen come in and one was afraid of Dylan! He thought he was a FOX!!!:D :D I actually had to hold Dylan away from him and convince him that it WAS a kitty!! (Dylan like to *inspect* anyone who enters HIS house!)