PDA

View Full Version : Edward gets the finger!

RICHARD
06-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Edward got the finger this past weekend.

Well, it really is four fingers....Ummmm, they are fake fingers.....

Ahhhhh, Four fake foam fingers...

Edward is a smart cat.
He knows his name, some simple commands and where all his food is stashed......But, he really doesn't realize that four fake foam fingers won't hurt him.

The NBA basketball playoffs have started and my mom is a huge Lakers fan.....

Well, not really HUGE...she's only 4'11"...

All during the season purple and gold Laker stuff has been showing up around her house.....There are the Kobe pictures, Shaq pictures, bobblehead dolls, socks, t-shirt and finally.....the dreaded
LAKERS FOAM FINGERS!

Actually it's a foam hand with four fingers sticking up....like the "We're Number One" foam fingers you see at every sports event....it's a hint at the fourth world championship we will soon have.....Sorry Detroit, Michigan and Piston fans....that's the way it goes;)

Ed and I were visiting when I noticed the foam hand on the table, I picked it up and WHOOSH!
Ed goes FLYING by me.....I thought to myself, "Oh he's just being a nitwit....."

A few seconds later he peeks aroung the corner looking at me like I am totally scary...I didn't think anything about it.....He comes back into the room- I had the FF in my lap so I absentmindedly picked it up and WHOOOOOOSH - there he goes again!

He comes back into the room, staring at me and the fingers as he walks by, as far as he possibly can away from where I sit.

I tilted the hand at him and he ran away again!

I don't have the faintest idea as to why he would be afraid of this piece of foam. I tried to calm him down and show him that the thing will not hurt him but he will have nothing to do with it...I got scratched in the process too!!

I know he can shred the poop outta the thing....but he seems to be totally mortified by this dang things appearance......and I don't know why.....

I mean, he fears it more than the squirt bottle!!!!

Either he hates foam
Hates basketball
Hates the Lakers or
it may be true..

White Cats Can't Jump???????;)

Catsnclay
06-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Did it ever occur to you he just might not like the Lakers??!! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

CatMama78
06-04-2004, 03:16 PM
lo, lol, lol:D

nibblets
06-04-2004, 03:56 PM
White Cats Can't Jump???????

LOL! That is too funny!

DJFyrewolf36
06-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Your Cat is a Kings fan Richard, I think that might be the problem lol.

:D :D :D

catcrazylady
06-04-2004, 05:11 PM
ROFLOL! Oh Eddie I don't think it ever occured to your dear silly dad that it's not the foam.... it's the Laker's! Poor old Dad!
:D :D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

White cats can't jump! TOO FUNNY!!!

catnapper
06-04-2004, 05:53 PM
White cats can't jump but it sounds like they can WHOOOOOSH:D

Poor Eddie... how Traumatic for you to see such a terrible piece of propaganda. I don't blame you one bit.

slick
06-04-2004, 06:29 PM
ROFLMAO!!! :D :D :D Never a dull moment at your house, is it!

Max is afraid of anything with a wood handle. He runs from the broom, the floor mop, and even a wooden spoon. :rolleyes:

smokey the elder
06-05-2004, 07:11 AM
Eddie, you're such a silly kitty. White cats can't jump? ROFLOL!:D

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-05-2004, 08:10 AM
ROTFLMAO

Poor Silly Eddie!!!

C'mon - say it with me......."Only in California!!!!:D

catmandu
06-05-2004, 09:00 AM
Richard , its I think , that some cats are scared by odd things!The Cats were all scared , last year , by a Big teddy Bear , that I rescued and gave to Operation Santa Claus! Scared by a stuffed bear! Its a Dummy , I said1 Dummy , Ha , said the Cats , he was smart enough to fool us!!!

RICHARD
06-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Well,
Basketball season is over and my mom has begun the process of storing all her Laker's paraphenalia.....

The Foam Fingers have been relegated to the lamp beside the recliner for about two weeks....

One thing that I have noticed is Edward will walk into the room and look up to see if they are still there.....Even when he plunks his rear down on the sofa across the room, he'll toss it a look every so often....

I wanted to thank you all for pointing out that my cat is not a Lakers fan.....He's not a Kings, Pistons or Mavericks fan either.
;)

Soon the fingers will come down and he'll be safe from all the trauma.....

But, I think he's saving all his goodwill for the US Olympic Basketball team...

He has to pick a winner sooner or later!!:rolleyes:

lynnestankard
06-22-2004, 05:02 PM
Oh Poor Eddie - Fancy nawtee Daddy frightening you with that HUGE GREAT BIG FOAMY THING!! Don't you worry sweet boy, Ketchum is terrified of supermarket carrier bags - the plastic kind.
He has been seen running UP the kitchen cupboards!!:eek: :eek:

Lynne

RICHARD
06-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Don't you worry sweet boy, Ketchum is terrified of supermarket carrier bags - the plastic kind.

I forgot that, to women, shopping IS a sport!
;)

Hang in, Ketchum!

It's all the same thing-

Man made materials, ya know!:eek:

jazzcat
06-22-2004, 05:35 PM
ROTFLOL!!!!
How did I miss this???

slick
06-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
;)
Not to twist the subject but I hate shopping of any kind....

I guess that explains why I hate sports......

QueenScoopalot
06-22-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by slick
Not to twist the subject but I hate shopping of any kind....

I guess that explains why I hate sports...... Ditto on the shopping, and ditto on the sports! Poor Eddie...he'll get over it! ;)

trayi52
06-23-2004, 12:41 AM
ROFLMAO!!! Either he just don't like the lakers or he is afraid of having his prostate examined!

Poor Eddie!

Willie:D

lynnestankard
06-23-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
;)

NO IT IS NOT! It's a way of life!!! LOL :D :D :D

Lynne

lizzielou742
06-23-2004, 08:23 AM
Goofy Eddie!!!

Funny story LOL

RICHARD
04-30-2006, 02:10 AM
The fingers have come back again...
Since it is Playoff season and the Lakers are in it again...http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/pe69f3f064dee49d7c59500e9eaac0618/ef37a9f5.jpg

The dreaded fingers have returned!!

Laura's Babies
04-30-2006, 09:52 AM
I missed this one before, must have been at work.. No pictures were needed in this one, the written picture was all it took to have me rolling! I LOVE YOU RICHARD!

(Can't help but love this guy, can ya?)

joycenalex
04-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Richard, given the 2004 results, are you sure you wanna use those fingers again? :p ...from someone who grew up in DEEE-TROIT!!!!

RICHARD
04-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Richard, given the 2004 results, are you sure you wanna use those fingers again? :p ...from someone who grew up in DEEE-TROIT!!!!

peh,

Always a critic in the crowd! :D