PDA

View Full Version : Magical Cat....She's a Regular Hairy Houdini

catlover4ever
06-04-2004, 01:49 PM
I was just reading this article and had to share it.....
__________________________________________________ __
Woman's World, 6/8/04 issue by Jamie Kiffel

Miss Houdini! "Not again!" said workers at the Huron County Humane Society in Norwalk, Ohio, when they arrived at work in the morning and saw a tortoiseshell-colored tail swishing through the halls. "You're supposed to be in your kennel."

Miss Houdini the shelter cat had done it again. Baffled staffers would lock the oragne eyed cat in her cage only to find her roaming free the next morning. To learn her secret, they put her in her cage, stood there and waited. They watched in amazement....Miss Houdini got on her back, dug at the corner of her cage, squeezed out her front paw and lifted the latch from the outside. Then she opened the door and waltzed out!

Not wanting the cat to injure herself sticking her paw under the lock, the shelter staff decided to give her nightly access to an adjoining room called the "cat playroom". But in the morning, they found her in the main office.

Watching, they saw the little escape artist hop on a chair and swat the door handle with her paw. And when staffers tried moving the chair, Miss Houdini just took a flying leap at the handle, and popped it open that way!

"Enough of this," amused staffers shook their heads, duct taping a doorstop to the floor so that the door would stay closed. But once again, Miss Houdini escaped, leaving torn-up duct tape in her wake.

"Unbeleivable!" said a Portsmith Ohio woman when she read about the unusual cat in her local paper. Amazed, she called the shelter and was thrilled to be able to adopt Miss Houdini.

Now, the cat still does tricks, but her latest antic is a bit different.

"We let her outside one day, and somehow, within 10 minutes, she was back in the house. "She's so happy now, she dosen't want to escape anymore. She just wants to be inside, where we love her."

__________________________________________________ __

I just thought this story was so cute.

catcrazylady
06-04-2004, 02:09 PM
What a wonderful story!! I'm so happy for the little stinker! This time being bad really paid off. It got her a forever loving home. Thank you for sharing that. It sure brought a smile to my face!

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-04-2004, 02:10 PM
What a cute story! Her cattitude found her a great furrever home!!! Hugs to Miss Houdini!

QueenScoopalot
06-04-2004, 03:10 PM
What a smart little rascal girlie! :D

smokey the elder
06-05-2004, 07:16 AM
What a little devil she is! That's the best ever sales pitch for a forever home. A kitty has to sell herself to compete with the billions of kittens around.

catnapper
06-05-2004, 08:03 AM
I got all goose-pimply reading that! What a truly amazing cat who only wanted a home of her own!

That's Tortitude at its finest!

catmandu
06-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Now that is a clever Cat , and will end up , with the Best Home around!