PDA

View Full Version : Dognapping emergency..SF area

kitten645
06-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Hi fellow PTers,
I never come to the dog side however something has happened and I don't know what else to do but put the word out here.

My assistant here at work has a dog walker. She's also a longtime good friend of hers. She just got a call that her van with nine dogs in it was stolen:o :o :o :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek:

She was droping off a dog and the van was locked on a busy street (Fillmore & California). There was glass on the street where they smashed the window.

The SFPD, SFSPCA and various others I can't remember now are looking out. Apparently there's been a rash of dognappings of pure breeds lately.

I don't know what else to do. We are going to form search parties and scan various neighborhoods. Trying to get photo's of the dogs.

Right now all we can ask is for special PT prayers (we know how powerful they can be!) Keep these pups safe please!

Claudia

Kfamr
06-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Oh my gosh!!!
Why do people have to be so insane?!?

Those poor dogs, those poor owners, and that poor dog walker!! How scary!!

I hope all of the dogs are safely returned :(

dappledoxie
06-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Oh no! I will be praying for them!

kitten645
06-04-2004, 09:27 AM
not that anyone cares but the pups were found in the abandoned van in the tenderloin. Thanks to kfamr & dappledoxie for your concern.
Claudia:)

lbaker
06-04-2004, 09:33 AM
All of them? Were/are they OK? How traumatic for the babies... if they weren't dognapped what earthly reason would there be to do such a thing? Joyride with a van full of pups!! How disgusting. So glad things worked out so quickly and evidently so well. By the way, what do you mean "not that anyone cares" :confused: You posted this yesterday evening and I just happened to spot it now. All PetTalkers care. Not everybody stays online 24 hrs a day, that's all. That was rather abrupt.

RobiLee
06-04-2004, 09:55 AM
Yes, we all do care. I'm so glad the pups were found and ok. What a scary thing to have happen.

Robin

snappy
06-04-2004, 02:09 PM
It must have been a joy ride - and the person had to be related to the criminal in Mi. who stole the K-9 Unit. :D

I am so very glad that all were found and this turned out to be ok. I am sure that both the walker and all the moms/dads of the four legged kids were relieved...but concerned about if it happens again.

San Fran - you are in our prayers that it doesn't happen anymore.

chocolatepuppy
06-04-2004, 03:49 PM
I CARE I live in Ohio so it's not like I could help look for them. I did however hope and pray for them. I don't always reply to every post as others I'm sure don't always either.