PDA

View Full Version : Paybacks... hee hee

catnapper
06-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Hubby has constantly made fun of me and my "cat site" He doesn't understand why I spend so much time on PT reading about animals and other stuff. Well, the forum bug has bitten him too. He found out about a website for local highschool sports. Since that is hubby's life, he has been in highschool sports heaven! Since all three of my kids are in different sports, he sounds knowledgeable in basically any subject there!

He has been laughing at posts the way I laugh here and running to check to see if anybody responded to something he's said. He shows me especially interesting threads (interesting to him, boring to me :) ) He has gone into detailed info about a certain debate thread much the way I do about here. Goodeness - what would happen if he realized you could post pictures? :eek:

I think he might be finally understanding what is so amazing about a forum! :D

Now time for paybacks is here when I can say "oh, your on your "sports site" again?" while I roll my eyes as exaggeratedly as possible. :D

jenluckenbach
06-04-2004, 04:34 AM
Don't you just love it ;)

lynnestankard
06-04-2004, 05:17 AM
:D :D :D YES!! :D :D :D

(To be yelled whilst jumping and punching the air!!)

Lynne

amoore
06-04-2004, 07:37 AM
That is so cute! Men are just weird creatures! :D

CatMama78
06-04-2004, 09:17 AM
Lol, that does sound like great payback. My boyfriend thinks I'm a bit crazy for posting and getting so into all the cats. Not crazy really, but pretty silly.

DJFyrewolf36
06-04-2004, 09:32 AM
LOL, my hubby is the same way about cars and car forums. Just the other day, he was watching a car show and when it said it had a website he was up on the PC and logged on, while watching the show!

Good payback I think!!! lol

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by amoore
That is so cute! Men are just weird creatures! :D

*LOL*

now you will have to fight for computer time.. ;)

RobiLee
06-04-2004, 11:38 AM
I love it!!!

You described me and Alden also. Except he hasn't found his "forum" yet and actually I hope he doesn't...lol..we only have one computer and I dont' want to have to give up any of my time at Pet Talk!....hehehe.

I am constantly telling him about something here on Pet Talk and mentioning names that he doesn't even know. I am always hollering at him to come and see one of the lastest pictures and his comment lately has been "Ah, Babe, another one...what is it this time?". Then he will come in (yes, he actually still comes and looks) look and say real quick. "Yeah, thats nice". I can just feel him rolling his eyes when walks away :rolleyes: ....hehehe. He tolerates it cause he knows the girls and pet talk are my passion...lol. He loves the girls and actually likes going to the Pet talk meetings to watch all the doggies run around and play and he was disappointed that he didn't get to see Tori at her first gathering. I think he just hates it that I'm on the computer so much.

Robin :)

amoore
06-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
*LOL*

I already do! lol!:rolleyes: Men! lol

Killearn Kitties
06-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Excellent! I think my husband finds me mildly strange for spending time here too. The only forum he subscribes to is one where people share practical info about car maintenance.

I have to report a bit of a success though. Back in February or so, we were going past a pet superstore and there was an advert in the window featuring a dog and a cat wearing woolly hats and scarves. I said something along the lines of "Ooh, there's a picture of a lovely cat wearing a woolly hat!" and he said "Does Edwina have one like that?" !!!!! :D :D :D

lizzielou742
06-04-2004, 03:15 PM
My boyfriend thought I was weird for posting pics of my cats too, but then he found a Cleveland Browns forum that he's addicted to now (he grew up with Tim Couch of the Browns). So, rather than rub it in when he asks me to get off PT so he can see if anyone replied to his posts at Browns forum, I just smile sweetly and say, "Sure, honey"...he knows!!!

catnapper
06-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
This is why we'll be getting DSL in the next few weeks. We can have two computers online at the same time. Ahh... romance of a marired couple. He in the room talking highscool sports, me in my office looking at pets.

As for his new passion - sports forum - I am *trying* to be nice and not say anything yet. I am sorely tempted, especially since he spent well over two hours last night poring over the forum and making comments like "ha! If only they knew!" or, "They think they're any competition? We'll just keep our mouths shut and stomp 'em!" :rolleyes: I came home from a meeting today to find him and son bonding over it. :rolleyes: He was also trying to pull the girls into it but they were like "so, soccer season is over. Why talk about it again?" LOL