PDA

View Full Version : wear yellow

guster girl
06-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Hey, all. I lost my grandmother to lung cancer in 1986. My brother fought leukemia when he was five, and, was through with treatment when he was ten. I just recently lost a friend, a truly remarkable man, to colon cancer. One of my closest friends is losing her mother to breast cancer as I type this. And, I've lost countless other friends and acquaintances to some kind of cancer. I've purchased thirty of these yellow wristbands, and, will purchase more as I can. Check out the site and see if it's something you're interested in contributing to. Peace.

www.wearyellow.com

Kfamr
06-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Thank You for sharing this with us.

It's too bad we have such diseases as Cancer. :(

slick
06-03-2004, 09:41 AM
I've had lots of cancer in my family. Thanks for the link.

RICHARD
06-03-2004, 11:29 AM
thanks.

Lost my GF to pancreatic cancer.....

And, it's almost time for Lance to put on the shorts and ride....

It's hard enough to ride around your own rear around on a bike,
Armstrong rides with quite a few people on his....

DogLover9501
06-03-2004, 11:37 AM
My baby cousin is battling cancer right now :(

I will check out that link..

guster girl
06-03-2004, 03:23 PM
glad y'all are checking out the link. it looks like a really good foundation and i'm hoping to get my wristbands soon! i may just do that for christmas presents this year. all of my family that i usually buy presents for would gladly forfeit the gifts knowing that the money went to a good cause. :) and, they could all get wristbands in their cards. sorry to hear that y'all have family going through cancer as well. it affects everyone, unfortunately. :(

guster girl
06-03-2004, 07:23 PM
*bump* :0)

Miss Meow
06-03-2004, 07:49 PM
It's a fantastic cause.

Lance Armstrong has done a lot to help others to fight cancer. I can't believe it's been seven years since he was diagnosed. I remember the news like it was yesterday.

I highly recommend both his books for inspirational reading ... the Tour de France starts in just a few weeks :)

RubyMutt
06-04-2004, 09:04 AM
Thanks for posting that link, I've been meaning to find it. It's a great foundation.

It's amazing and sad how many people are living with cancer :( Last month a co-worker of mine passed away from Leukemia. It really does affect everyone.

sirrahbed
06-04-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the site! I have ordered my wristbands to give out to family members. We have lost several family members (hubby's mom and sisters) to cancer and several more (hubby's dad and sirrahved's mom) are currently battling with it. Good site!! Great cause!

guster girl
06-04-2004, 03:12 PM
I hope more people see this site and order the wristbands! I'm excited about getting mine! :)

lizzielou742
06-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Thank you SO much for posting that link. I ordered 10!! I have lost a grandfather and an uncle to cancer, and have several close friends who have mothers battling breast cancer.

green_chameleon_girl
06-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Im asking my mom in the morning if we can purchase some bracelets, I definitly will! Thanks for the link!

guster girl
06-04-2004, 10:39 PM
I'm thrilled that I was able to spread the word about these wristbands! I'm so glad y'all are donating! I knew I could count on some Pet Talkers! :) I'll take a pic of me wearing mine when I get it. I may even put one on Finn's collar or something. :) I'd buy a dog collar, too, if they sold them. Ha.

MariaM
06-05-2004, 12:25 AM
The reason I walk Hucky, Darlene's dog, is because her husband has cancer. He has to have a 2 and a half hour drive every two weeks to get treatments. He only has a few months to live. I don't know what I'm going to do/say to Darlene once he goes...I know she'll be very sad and all those others words that describe loneliness that aren't coming to me right now:(

MariaM
06-05-2004, 12:26 AM
The reason I walk Hucky, Darlene's dog, is because her husband has cancer. He has to have a 2 and a half hour drive every two weeks to get treatments. He only has a few months to live. I don't know what I'm going to do/say to Darlene once he goes...I know she'll be very sad and all those others words that describe loneliness that aren't coming to me right now:( :( :(

guster girl
06-05-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That's awesome that you walk their dog for them, though. :) There's really nothing you can say to someone when they lose a loved one. You can just be there when they need you.

MariaM
06-06-2004, 10:25 PM
I know:( I went over today, and it was the first time I had really talked to HIM, John. Usually I just go over to visit Darlene and her mother, but today John came into the kitchen and we had the most wonderful conversation about dogs. I never knew he was such a dog kind of guy. I'll probably post some more in Dog General about it.

guster girl
06-08-2004, 03:19 PM
One of my best friends is losing her mother to breast cancer. she's had it for quite a while, and, has recently been told she only has a couple of months to live. :( Then, this weekend, I get an email from another good friend that her mother has been diagnosed also with breast cancer. Ugh. I'm going to buy another ten pack of wristbands to send to them. This is also to bump this thread back up.

sirrahbed
06-10-2004, 11:22 AM
I ordered my bands on the 4th and they arrived today, the 10th. Such a good cause and great way to support it! The bands are only $1 each - and they come with a postcard as well. I am going to pass them out to family members. Thanks for posting Guster Girl! Wear Yellow! (also a *BUMP*:D )

countrycowgirl
06-10-2004, 12:04 PM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR POSTING THIS. AFTER ALMOST LOSING MY FATHER TO CANCER THIS PAST YEAR I REALLY APPRICEATE (SP?)YOU POSTING THIS AND I AM GLAD TO SEE THAT PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN IT.:D I THANK GOD EVERY DAY FOR LETTING MY DAD LIVE AND BECOME HISSELF AGIAN AND THAT HE IS ALIVE! :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

guster girl
06-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Yay, glad everyone is checking the site! I must've ordered mine incorrectly or something, it didn't post on my debit card, and, i've not received them, so, I'm going to reorder! But, glad to know the wristbands come in quickly. *BUMP*

guster girl
06-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Alright, another bump. :) I ordered two boxes of wristbands and hope to get them soon! I even saw that I did it correctly this time, because the charge has already shown up on my statement! I'm looking forward to getting them, I have to make a list of who I want to give them to first. I'll probably get more later......I'd love to get the big box of 1200 and pass them around to people, but, I'm pushing my luck ordering 20! :) Check out the site if you haven't yet.....

www.wearyellow.com

sirrahbed
06-11-2004, 08:19 PM
Well, kitties will NOT cooperate like dogs!! But hubby and I are wearing our new bands and TRIED to bribe the kitties into the picture:rolleyes: Anyway - you get the idea!
http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Our%20Pets/yellow.jpg

guster girl
06-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Thanks for posting the picture! I'm excited about getting mine! Here's a **BUMP**