PDA

View Full Version : Prayers/Positive Thoughts Please

zippy-kat
06-02-2004, 08:30 PM
My cousin -the one that's helped keep me sane these past few months- was rushed to the ER last night and then transported by ambulance to a larger hospital in TX. Long story short, they have NO CLUE what is wrong with her heart; it just sort of went "bezerk." (She's only 27, non-smoker, very light drinker, no drugs, so ?????)

I called her once I got off work and we talked for maybe 20 minutes and it totally wore her out. :( She sounds so very down in the dumps - highly unlike her because she is usually so happy-go-lucky.

A request:
If a few of you wouldn't mind, would you send a PM or email ( [email protected] ) that I could pass on to her? I plan to go visit her on Friday and think a few encouraging words would help lift her spirits.

Thanks guys,
Zip :(

Miss Meow
06-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Zip, please pardon my forgetfulness, but could you remind me of her name?

zippy-kat
06-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Sorry! Thought I had included that in there.... her name is Amy.

Karen
06-02-2004, 09:40 PM
Will do! Any chance of sneaking Piper in to visit her at the hospital - or K'Cee? "No, sir, this is just a basket of 'books' for my cousin. Ears? No, you must be mistaken ... may I pass now? (Hey, stop wigglin' in there! Tuck your tail back in!)"

Miss Meow
06-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Thanks, I'll send something to you :)

shais_mom
06-02-2004, 11:33 PM
prayers on the way!

wolf_Q
06-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear this! You've had so many hardships lately! I'll keep her in my thoughts, I hope everything is ok!!

Kfamr
06-02-2004, 11:41 PM
We'll be thinking of you and your friend... I'll try and send you something to send her way. :( :)

kimlovescats
06-02-2004, 11:47 PM
Hope that the doctors are able to find out what is wrong with Amy! Please keep us updated!

trayi52
06-03-2004, 01:53 AM
Prayers are on the way, Tonya. I hope Amy will be okay.

Willie

lynnestankard
06-03-2004, 05:19 AM
How worrying Tonya - prayers and thoughts for Amy and {{{Hugs}}} for a very anxious you.

Lynne

Pam
06-03-2004, 06:12 AM
((((Hugs)))) and prayers for you both Tonya!

lbaker
06-03-2004, 07:23 AM
Sometimes a heart "burp" can be a way to remind us all to slow down, don't move so fast.. stop to smell the roses. I'll pass something along to you shortly. Take care of YOU too. kisskisshug.
Laurie
P.S. in my crossword puzzle yesterday one of clues was "one who tootles". The answer was PIPER ;) Once again I made a fool of myself on the subway laughing out loud :rolleyes:

slick
06-03-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
A request:
If a few of you wouldn't mind, would you send a PM or email ( [email protected] ) that I could pass on to her? I plan to go visit her on Friday and think a few encouraging words would help lift her spirits.

Thanks guys,
Zip :(

As Richard would say, DONE!
Now all we need is Phred and his direct line to God.

Cinder & Smoke
06-03-2004, 11:27 AM
<ring> ... <ring> ... <ring>

"God's Office; Granny M speakin..."

HI, GranMom - you helpin onna Prayer Line tuday?
Oooh... LOTTA kallz commin in frum NewMessiko and Texus, huh?
Pet Talkers, too...
Kan you put us thru to Him rite quick?
Oh, He's onna konfrence kall wiff da Texus Hopppsbittle?
We bettur <hold> till He's finished...

<holding> ... <drummin pawz> ...

"GOD speaking..."

Hi, God ~

Tuubbel down here onna ole Durt Ball -
Zipp's Kuzin - Miz Amy - her *ticker's* aktin up...

Oh... You got da report direkt frum da Amboolance?
Wow! Thankz! Reelie *nice* of You to take da Nite Owl Klowd down
fur a visit wiff her! How'z she doin??

"Restin" when You got der. Dat wuz nice -
*Hoverin* by da bed, Holdin her hanz.

Kan You show da White Coats which Chaptur to read inna Big Book?
We'z sure dat wuld Help.
"DONE"!
Great!

Whut kan we all do ta Help Miz Amy?

Oh, wiff out a doubt, God - Prayerz are flowin up
to You fur Amy...
We gotz da Kandilz burnin 24/7,
anna FurKidz down here are all Krossin Pawz & Klawz!

Sooo... You'z got rezurvashins onna Express Klowd to Texus
ebery day fur a visit? Dat'z sure to boost her spiritz!

Kuld You hop da Hobbz Shuttle Klowd wuce or twice?
Zippy kuld sur uze a {{{HUG}} or two frum You, too!

You noticed dat too?...
Yess Sir! Zipp'z been gettin a Lotta "Challengez" of late...
AWFULL Lot!
Mebbee Your Mail Room iz sendin her *Crosses ta Bear* by mistake?
OK! Check her address. Thankz!

You betcha, God ~
Prayers fur Amy are Top Priority down here!

THANKS fur Your Help, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

gini
06-03-2004, 11:41 AM
There you go, Tonya - one of those "speshul" phone calls to God that will make all of the difference in the situation.

That phone call and all of our prayers will have Amy back home and just fine in no time.

I have sent you an email for Amy - but know that I add my prayers to the huge chorus of prayers going out for her.

zippy-kat
06-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks for your well-wishes and emails! I have printed up those that I've received so far. I know she will just LOVE these.

I called the hospital right before I left for work this morning. Amy was asleep. Her mom said that she had a rough night. The Dr. didn't get there until 9pm and most of the blood results, etc. weren't back in yet. They HAVE ruled out a heart attack, though.

There is still an enlargement/swelling of and fluid on the heart.

About 3am, Amy started freezing. And not too much later she started throwing up and having diarrhea (<- she'd kill me if she knew I wrote that :o ). I'll pause to mention that the mesquito bites we thought she got while camping aren't mesquito bites at all. They're CHICKEN POX ( :eek: Zip's NEVER had chicken pox :eek: )!! They are treating that and most of the bumpies are gone this morning. It could be that the throwing up/diarrhea ( :o ) is a side-effect of that medicine.

They still don't have a clue about the heart problems though. :(

That's all I know right now. Thank you once again for your support and encouragement.

lbaker
06-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Zip, I just wrote a note to Amy but wrote it here instead of a p.m. to you to print out. So I came back here, edited this message and cut the message and pasted it to a p.m. to you. DUH Laurie, can't you follow directions EVER
Laurie:o

ramanth
06-03-2004, 02:12 PM
prayers sent.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Prayers on the way for Amy from me too.
I'll send you a message just for her soon.
I wonder if the chicken pox could be responsible for all this? I know measles in adults can really cause problems, maybe chicken pox can too.

(((HUGS TO YOU BOTH!)))

tatsxxx11
06-03-2004, 03:09 PM
All my love and prayers for Amy's complete recovery and for you dear Tonya. And lots of positive thoughts coming your way too, friend:) {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

lizbud
06-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Prayers & get well soon wishes for Amy & stay well wishes
for you Tonya.:) Thinking good positive thoughts here in Indy.:)

zippy-kat
06-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Uppiedate ~ Thurs 10.40pm

Miz Amy just called me; she's home resting.
They still don't really know what caused her heart problems and there's not really anything they can do for the fluid/swelling. She said that in a-round-about-way they basically told her, "You can stay here and be sick or go home and be sick." So she chose the latter! (Can't blame her!)

They quit giving her the chicken pox medicine and, while she's still not having success keeping food down, it's not as bad as it was before. I guess it's just working its way out of her system now.

After work tomorrow, I'll be dropping by her house with your emails/PMs. I'll definitely let you know her reaction! I just know she'll love them!

Thank you guys sooooo much! I was (and still am a bit) worried!

PS For those who know about my friend with cancer, they think they've caught it in time and think it's limited to just one of her kidneys. They've given her a 90% chance of survival. While that's certainly GREAT news, it sure is scary/worry-some in the meantime. I visited her this afternoon and she didin't look good at all, just seemed VERY tired. Her surgery is scheduled for the 30th of this month.

gini
06-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Dear sweet Tonya, your cousin, your friend and You are in our prayers. Thank you for the updates.

Hugs from Gini

lynnestankard
06-04-2004, 05:12 AM
Tonya many thanks for the 'uppidates' - both need more prayers I reckon. So - - - - more prayers coming attcha :) for both Amy and your friend - and {{{Hugs}}} for you all xxx

Lynne

zippy-kat
06-07-2004, 01:18 PM
I didn't make it over to Amy's until Sunday....

She LOVED the notes, so much so, that she started crying when she read them. As she read them, I told her a little bit about each of the authors - she just kept repeating, "These are SUCH nice people! They don't even KNOW me! Now, I can't gripe at you for being on there every time I call. *giggle* .... I can't believe how nice they are!"

Long story short, if her health (and finances after the dr bills :eek: ) holds up, she wants us to try and make the California meeting. (She couldn't have told me this BEFORE I put a large sum on my cc??!! :-/ )

Amy has dr's appointments for tomorrow and Wednesday - those will determine if there is any permanent damage to her heart.

Thanks guys!:cool:

slick
06-07-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm not stopping those prayers just yet! Thanks for the update. Does she have any fuzzy nurses to keep her company?

gini
06-07-2004, 01:30 PM
(gets down on knees in gratitude)

Dear God, thank you for helping Amy and providing her with a such a dear cousin and friend.

We continue to pray for her good health and that soon she will be good as new.

And God could you maybe answer a private prayer from me.......that it is possible that Amy and Tonya can come to California in July. If you don't quite understand, just ask Phred and Cinder and Smoke - they have a direct line and could explain why it is important for all of us.

Thanks, God........we are very grateful.

Cinder & Smoke
06-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by gini

And God ~
Could you maybe answer a private prayer from me...
that it is possible that Amy and Tonya
can come to California in July.

If you don't quite understand,
just ask Phred and Cinder and Smoke -
they have a direct line and could explain why
it is important for all of us.

Thanks, God... we are very grateful.

We figger He got da message ;) Miz Gini!
He knows!

lbaker
06-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Zip, your friends reaction is exactly like my JennyBird's (d-in-law) :) Laughed, cried and shook her head in amazement... and Jenny has even met some PT'ers at a Pennsylvania meeting last year. She finds out this week if radiation and/or chemo will be necessary but appears to be getting stronger every day. I now have 3 special candles burning .. Amy,s Jenny's and one for Staci's Uncle Dick. Plane, train, automobile or rollerskates... you two MUST do everything possible to join us at Gini's - puleeeeese!

ramanth
06-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Hey zippy! So glad to hear she is home and resting. :)

lynnestankard
06-07-2004, 04:55 PM
Still praying and hoping here Tonya - so pleased nothing serious has been found. {{{Hugs}}} across the miles.

Lynne

zippy-kat
06-09-2004, 11:42 PM
On Tuesday, Amy went to the dr. for a stress test. She went back today for the results. I can't quite remember all that she said but the gist is that the doc didn't like the results and she's going into surgery tomorrow morning at 7am CST. I'm not 100% sure what's going on - I couldn't grasp all the details and we were only able to talk briefly.

Please keep her in your prayers!

Thanks,
Zip

popcornbird
06-09-2004, 11:43 PM
I just saw this thread right now. :( Your cousin will definitely be in my prayers.

shais_mom
06-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Prayers on the way!

gini
06-10-2004, 12:11 AM
Dear Tonya, of course, you have my prayers for Amy. How frightened she must be - and you too. May God be with you both.

krazyaboutkatz
06-10-2004, 12:32 AM
I'm just now seeing this thread too.
Tonya, prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. I sure hope that Amy's surgery goes well and that she makes a full and speedy recovery. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

Logan
06-10-2004, 05:48 AM
Tonya, we will be keeping Amy and her surgical team in our thoughts and prayers today as she faces this surgery. Keep us posted as you know more.

Logan

Lillycat
06-10-2004, 06:07 AM
prayers and more prayers on the way for amy, and for you also zippy-cat!!!!

Cataholic
06-10-2004, 09:54 AM
Prayers on the way!

ramanth
06-10-2004, 10:10 AM
She's in my prayers!

Stenograsaurus
06-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Prayers are on the way for Amy.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Prayers are on the way from me to for her, you, and all the family!
(((HUGS AMY + TONYA)))

Cinder & Smoke
06-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Our Kandilz are Still Burnin, Zippy! ;)

An we'll have a Chat wiff God tanite at bed tyme!

{{{HUGS}}} to You and Amy!

tatsxxx11
06-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Prayers continue for Amy and her swift recovery! I'm so glad she's able to be home with her family and friends:) Get well soon, Amy!!! Love, Sandra

dukedogsmom
06-10-2004, 03:42 PM
I think I missed this but I'll try to send her an email. There's a lady here at work and they can't figure out what's wrong with her 20 something daughter, either. Abdominal pain of some kind. It would be bad to be ill but scary not to know what was causing it. Hope she gets rested up and feels better soon.

lynnestankard
06-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Tonya - keeping extra special prayers flowing tonight - and the Monday candle is lit, even though it's Thursday - I hope Amy recovers well. Chin up xxx

Lynne

NoahsMommy
06-10-2004, 09:51 PM
I'm so sorry I just found this thread, Tonya. :(

Please give my well wishes and prayers to Amy.

Take care of yourself...may God put peace on both of your hearts and lay His hands upon the surgeons tomorrow morning.

zippy-kat
06-13-2004, 11:00 PM
I know it's been awhile since I've updated -

I talked to Amy for quite some time yesterday. The good news is that nothing appears to be wrong with her heart. The bad news is that they still don't know what is/was causing the fluid and the pain. That's basically the only thing they told her. I think she said she had to go back in a couple of weeks for a check up.

Thank you guys for your prayers!

gini
06-14-2004, 12:56 AM
Tonya, so her surgery was just exploratory? I sure am glad that she is alright, but I would feel better if they really knew what is going on.

krazyaboutkatz
06-14-2004, 01:20 AM
Tonya, I'm glad to hear that there's nothing wrong with Amy's heart but hopefully the doctor's will be able to find out what the problem is and I hope it's treatable. Prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent your way.

zippy-kat
06-14-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by gini
Tonya, so her surgery was just exploratory? I sure am glad that she is alright, but I would feel better if they really knew what is going on.

That's the way I understood it. They used a uhh.. a "something" that went in her leg to look at her arteries and stuff. I get really confused with all the medical jargon she throws at me :o (she was a nurse so she throws those terms out left and right). It was also my understanding that, if they found something "minor" (how can it be minor when you're dealing with the heart?), they were going to go ahead and fix it then and there.

While she was in the recovery room, the doc asked her mom if Amy'd been under a lot of stress lately. Her mom replied, "Not that I know of." I think that she was/is under more stress than her mom realizes so, I wonder if that's the triggering factor.

Thank you guys for your continued prayers!!