PDA

View Full Version : Stinky Mouse!

Amber
06-02-2004, 08:08 PM
gosh, My female mouse smells really bad. I keep her cage very very clean. But when I was handling her today she just stinked. Is there anythingI can do to make her no stink? I was thinking of the stuff chinchillas roll in.

thanks

CathyBogart
06-02-2004, 09:47 PM
Put a few drops of vanilla extract in her water, and when you clean the cage take a handful of the old bedding and scatter it over the new stuff. Mice are kinda stinky, but there are a few ways to tone it down. :)

lv4dogs
06-03-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by WolfChan
Put a few drops of vanilla extract in her water, and when you clean the cage take a handful of the old bedding and scatter it over the new stuff. Mice are kinda stinky, but there are a few ways to tone it down. :)

I have never heard of old bedding helping comtrol odors. Do you know why it works? Just curious, I htought it would be the total opposite.

Amber
06-03-2004, 09:14 AM
Thanks! Where can you get vanilla extract?

My Peanuts
06-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Amber
Thanks! Where can you get vanilla extract?

I bet your mom has some in the cabinet; you can get it from any grocery store.

molucass
06-05-2004, 11:11 AM
I think the reason the old bedding on top of the new bedding works is because mice like to mark EVERYTHING, and if their scent is already on the bedding, they wont feel the need to mark as much.....

CathyBogart
06-05-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by molucass
I think the reason the old bedding on top of the new bedding works is because mice like to mark EVERYTHING, and if their scent is already on the bedding, they wont feel the need to mark as much.....

Yep! :)