PDA

View Full Version : Snow Tiger

wayne0214
12-20-2001, 07:40 AM
Yesterday, Snow Tiger (a lilac/lynx-point Siamese kitten) was playing outside with the other cats. I noticed that his icy-white coat was contrasting with his color points. That they were showing with just a tint of purple on his ears and tail. I suppose this is why he is called a "lilac-point", and because his coloration is not obvious in artificial light.

purrley
12-20-2001, 08:23 AM
I can picture this - the lilac points are so very beautiful - I had one once.

Cougie Wechsler
12-20-2001, 08:24 AM
Pretty interesting. Do you have any pictures of him? He sounds really beautiful! :)

wayne0214
12-20-2001, 09:19 AM
No, I do not have any pictures of any of my furkids. I was hoping, last month, to get someone to hook up the digital camera to this 'puter and show me how it works. But it seems as though now, I'll have to pay someone to come way out here to do it. I definitely plan to get it done, as soon as I find someone who knows what they are doing.

Yes Snow Cat and Snow Tiger are both beautiful furkids, but Tiger is best photo-copied in the direct sunlight as his coat is not as icy white in artificial light. Also, he has nearly tripled in size and weight since I brought him home with me on Halloween eve.

wayne0214
12-23-2001, 06:29 PM
OK all, since I do not have facilities to place a picture of Snow Tiger on the intenet yet, I found a picture of another cat that looks exactly like him. It is on the Siamese Internet Cat club. At the beginning of the site under "breeds", there is listed different types of Siamese cats. If you look at the heading marked "Siamese of other colors" and scroll down nearly to the end, you will see a Lynx/lilac point siamese. The cat's name is "Phoebe" and is the left side photo, is a good represenation of Snow Tiger.

[ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: wayne0214 ]

[ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: wayne0214 ]

wayne0214
12-24-2001, 06:10 AM
spencer, yes that's her. Snow tiger looks enough like Phoebe to pass for a photo of him. The only factor about that picture is that it doesn't show the back side of her/his ears, which is the most pronounced point of color.

.......wayne

wayne0214
12-24-2001, 06:23 AM
spencer, yes that's her. Snow tiger looks enough like Phoebe to pass for a photo of him. The only factor about that picture is that it doesn't show the back side of her/his ears, which is the most pronounced point of color.

.......wayne