PDA

View Full Version : Re-naming Connor

Aspen and Misty
06-02-2004, 04:27 PM
Ok, I am going to re-name connor. For 2 reasons. 1. Because I think Connor is an Ugly name and I have to live iwth it for the next 10 years. 2. Because whenever you say Connor he gets a scared look in his eyes.

So...I need YOUR help! What should I name him?? I can't find the old thread where I asked for names but someone gave me a wonderful name that I loved...I just can't think of it!

Here is a Picture of him.
http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Nova2002/c32eb124.jpg

I was thinking Blue, because of his blue tongue, but would that be weird? Or I was thinking Chase.

Ash

Amber
06-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Isn't he your sisters dog? Is it okay with her?

I think Chase is a great name!

Aspen and Misty
06-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Amber
Isn't he your sisters dog? Is it okay with her?

I think Chase is a great name!

No, Connor is my dog. (Read this thread http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50458 ) Thanx I like it to, I'm also thinking Bronic. When I say it he looks...LOL.

Ash

Amber
06-02-2004, 04:49 PM
wow! Congrats!

Im still up for Chase :)

Kfamr
06-02-2004, 04:52 PM
How old is he?

He looks like a Seth to me.:p

Aspen and Misty
06-02-2004, 04:56 PM
He is 6 months old. I was hopeing you would post!!! You ALWAYS come up with names I LOVE. :D

Ash :D

aly
06-02-2004, 05:13 PM
He looks like he has a bit of Shar Pei in him. What a cutie.

I think a name that starts with a B would suit him. Hmm. I'll think about it and come back and post some suggestions.

guster girl
06-02-2004, 05:33 PM
I think Blue is a good name, too! :)

dappledoxie
06-02-2004, 06:05 PM
I'm thinkin... Luke :D

CountryWolf07
06-02-2004, 06:27 PM
Chase is a good name! :D

aly
06-02-2004, 06:35 PM
How about Buck?

veegan
06-03-2004, 12:38 AM
thats sad he was punished so much he is afraid of his name! :( its a good idea to change it! :O

yeah he looks like he has some shar pei or chow in him. he is just TOO CUTE!!!!

I like blue better of the two, it suits him. Ill think about it and post any names I come up with. good luck! :D

K9soul
06-03-2004, 07:46 AM
A lot of the names are cute, Chase seems to fit him IMO. Blue makes me think of a hound dog though actually hehe. Good luck in finding him a new name :)

RobiLee
06-03-2004, 07:52 AM
When I just now read the thread. My first thought was Chase and then I scroll on down and see that is what Amber said too. I couldn't believe it. I like the name Chase!

lv4dogs
06-03-2004, 08:07 AM
Yeah that is a good idea to change his name.
It would probably be best if you had a couple names picked out & just see which one he responds to best.

I like Brocke (pronounced Brock, I just like odd spelling)

bizdevguy
06-03-2004, 08:18 AM
I like the name Rory....there's a test called the the Rorschach test, in which people look at inkspots and tell the Dr. what they see. His tongue looks like a Rorschach blot!!

Corinna
06-03-2004, 08:47 AM
I vote for Blue!!

Aspen and Misty
06-03-2004, 09:41 AM
Thanx everyone!!!

We are REALLY leaning for Kovu right now (I know, weird!) 1. He looks like it and 2. When I say it he looks at me. I like it because it sounds completly diffrent then Connor.

So...I still love Chase...UGH! Why do you guess have to post such good names....I love them all. ::goes and gets a hat::

Guess I'll have to wright them all down and pull them outta a hat!!

Alyy and Veegan - We are pretty sure he is A Chow German Sheperd. He has the ears and coat of a German Shepherd and some Looks / tongue of the chow. I don't really see Shapie in him but maybe in his head? I dunno what he is but I love him to bits! :D

Ash

tikeyas_mom
06-03-2004, 10:25 AM
i vote for chase, i love home-ward bound soo yeah ;)

*edit* I thought that Chase was the nameof the dog on home ward bound, blonde moment.

Aspen and Misty
06-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Isn't the dog on Home Ward Bound named Chance??? Or are you thinking of someone else??

don't know...

I love them all! This is so hard

Ash

heinz57_79
06-03-2004, 10:36 AM
How bout something Hawaiian? :) One of the best dogs I ever knew was named Makoa. (Ma-ko-a) Or even just Koa. Would have some meaning too... Koa wood is hard, can withstand just about anything..... just like Conner. ;)

Aspen and Misty
06-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Here are some other names I am thinking about

Denver
Trooper
Neiko

I absolutly LOVE Neiko!! LOL

aly
06-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty

Alyy and Veegan - We are pretty sure he is A Chow German Sheperd. He has the ears and coat of a German Shepherd and some Looks / tongue of the chow. I don't really see Shapie in him but maybe in his head?

Ash

I dunno. I'd ask your vet. I totally see Shar Pei in him. Don't really see Chow. And the blue tongue doesn't necessarily mean Chow or Shar Pei. But his face and head remind me of Shar Pei. I see Shepherd in him too.

Kfamr
06-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Kovu is a great name! Of course, that would be my pick if he was MINE. :p My next is going to be Mufasa or Sarabi. (Simba's mom & Dad) or possibly Kiara. :p :)

Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
Isn't the dog on Home Ward Bound named Chance???

Yes, lol

Aspen and Misty
06-03-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by aly
I dunno. I'd ask your vet. I totally see Shar Pei in him. Don't really see Chow. And the blue tongue doesn't necessarily mean Chow or Shar Pei. But his face and head remind me of Shar Pei. I see Shepherd in him too.

I dunno, I know. On another board I belong to when I showed pictures (Pics without his tongue) they all asked if he had Chow in him, I said I think so, expessially because of his Blue tongue (of course Chows are not the only breed with Blue tongues) I see no Shar Pei in him at all, LOL, isn't it weird that some people see one breed and others see another?? I'll ask my vet

I'm pretty sure we are going to go with Neiko (Knee Co) or Kovu I just love it, lol!

Kay - I knew you would like that name ;)

Ash

BCBlondie
06-03-2004, 02:39 PM
I think he really looks like a Chase.. but I also really LOVE Hawaiian names... My kitty's name is Hawaiian.. 'Ilio' means Dog :p Makoa (or Koa) sounds like a great name for Connor..
So my vote = Chase or Makoa ^_^

Candy16
06-03-2004, 04:23 PM
I really like the sound of Kovu - goes great with Nova! :)

guster girl
06-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Lefty is a name that just popped into my head. :) I think Chase is cool, but, so is Kovu.

veegan
06-03-2004, 10:40 PM
yeah I see more chow than shar pei too. he even looks akita or shiba inu-like. but all those spitzy breeds (shar pei, akita, chow, shiba inu, etc) have similar features, especially in the face.

another reason I dont think he is shar pei is that they also have very unique and distinguishing features (such as their coat texture, facial shape/features, ears, tail, etc) which "connor" does not have, so I agree he is most likely part chow (if either of the two).

like aly said, the blue tounge doesnt always mean anything (I know a lot of retrievers with large blue spots) however he has the classic (AND ADORABLE) spitz face, and the tail and fluffy coat of a spitz in addition to the tounge, so he probably has one of those breeds in him somewhere (but most likely chow b/c of the tounge). it will be fun watching him mature, and it is always easier to guess breeds when they are full grown. you must take/post lots of pictures! :D

I love the name Kovu! It suits him, at least from the photos (whats his personality like?) Where did you come up with it? Do you know what it means, or did you just kind of make it up? You could look up some chinese or japanese names since he is most likely a spitz. Personally Ive always loved japanese names especially, and it would be unique.

Im sure whatever you decide on will be perfect, I love all the suggestions so far! Keep us posted :D

trayi52
06-03-2004, 11:47 PM
I can't think of a name, which, any of the ones you like will be okay for him. I do know he is a beautiful dog, and looks like he is going to be a big one!

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! He is a beauty!

Willie:)

Aspen and Misty
06-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Thanx everyone!

Veegan - "Connor" is very active and loves to play. He is always on the go getting into everything (Maybe I should name him Trouble ;) ) I got Kovu from Lion King 2 Do you know some web pages where I can get Japenese names? I would love one!!!

Someone...I forget who it was mentioned a name that MENT Rain, but I forget the name and the person. I just rember I loved the name. Does anyone know who I'm talking about or the name I'm talking about?

veegan
06-04-2004, 02:09 AM
ohhh okay :D I havent seen Lion King 2. lol

you can check this site out: http://www.bowwow.com.au/

they have a cool search engine and a bunch of different search categories. you can search by personality, and they have foreign names too. you can find japanese names there. and they have the meanings listed as well.

or here: http://www.puppyshop.com/names/country.htm#Japanese%20Names

also try here: http://family.msn.com/tool/tools.aspx?name=namer&dept=baby&sdept=bpc
or another baby names site. you can search by country/nationality and get meanings as well.

Blanquito de la habana
06-04-2004, 03:24 AM
If you want some finnish names i can give you some.

CathyBogart
06-04-2004, 03:25 AM
I like the name Baron. :)

snappy
06-04-2004, 08:40 AM
What about Chevy? As you have Nova - it would be kind of neat to have Chevy Nova.....
Just a thought. It is a car here in the US for those who are not familiar with the term:D

Aspen and Misty
06-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Thanx everyone. I don't know yet what I'm gonna name him. Chevy would be cute.

I got on some Japenese nameing websites.

Ash

guster girl
06-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Ugh, for some reason, I can't get the name Bosco out of my head. :) He just looks like an all american dog to me, so, I'm not able to picture him with a Japanese name! But, all of the ones mentioned seem good! Keep us posted, though!

Aspen and Misty
06-05-2004, 12:12 AM
Some More Names we are thinking about

Akio
KENJI
Kita
YUKIO (Means "Gets What He wants" LOL )
Echo
Nanook
Ringo
Roam
Tank
Tracker
Waves

Kfamr
06-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Nalu
Numan
Boyd
Blaise
Castel

I still like Kovu and Zazu. ;)

Aspen and Misty
06-05-2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Nalu
Numan
Boyd
Blaise
Castel

I still like Kovu and Zazu. ;)

:p :p Do those names have meanings behind them? Or do you just like them? (Not Kovu and Zaza, I know why you like those ones!)

Ash

Aspen and Misty
06-05-2004, 06:26 PM
Hmmm...

We are thinking Jupiter... Jupiter and Nova (Nova means Star)

Hmm....

I'll let you all know what I choose!

veegan
06-05-2004, 11:53 PM
CUTE!Jupiter is so cute! I love it