PDA

View Full Version : Meko will be spayed 6/11 & my allergies

lv4dogs
06-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Okay I decided she will be spayed if she is pregnant or not. She will go in on fri, the 11th, I managed to get her in a couple days early. She will be tested for FIV then too, as she was too young before & only got the leuk test. If you's could keep her in your thoughts we would appreciate it.

I am hoping she is not pregnant as then I won't feel bad at all for spaying her.

On a side note my allergies have seemed to get quite a bit better with her. I am hoping it is NOT because I have had my windows open, I guess I will find out when winter comes. So she is here to stay!

PayItForward
06-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Good Luck Meko, hope everything goes well.

If she might be pregnant you'll need to get her tested for both aids & leukimea and STD's by the vet.

lv4dogs
06-02-2004, 01:48 PM
yeah, she will be tested for leuk again, as in my area you can only test for FIV w/ the combo test.

I did not know you can test for std's on cats. What should I ask the vet? What are the tests?

Of course if she is pregnant she will be tested for FIV/LEUK again in 6 months, then yearly after that as she will probably be an indoor/outdoor kitty.

PayItForward
06-02-2004, 03:21 PM
Ask your vets about STD's I just know it can be a problem.

Once she is tested clear and spayed, you can have her vaccinated for leukimea yearly, it is essential if she will be an inside/outside cat :)(all ours are vaccined)

lv4dogs
06-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Ask your vets about STD's I just know it can be a problem.

Once she is tested clear and spayed, you can have her vaccinated for leukimea yearly, it is essential if she will be an inside/outside cat :)(all ours are vaccined)

I'll be sure to ask.
Oh & she is already vaccinated & UTD for leuk. :)

catmandu
06-03-2004, 09:17 AM
We are Praying for Meko , and hope that No Kittens, areaborted! Prayers are on the way , from the Found Cats and Feeder!