PDA

View Full Version : What are you grateful for???

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-02-2004, 01:05 PM
Not to be too dramatic but my son's school bus was *almost* involved in a horrific accident this morning. It made me realise that I should stop complaining and be grateful for what I have:

- 3 beautiful and healthy children
- 2 cats who love me
- all 4 parents
- all my precious friends on PT

(((HUGS))) to everyone.

What are YOU grateful for???

sirrahbed
06-02-2004, 01:29 PM
:eek: How scary Julie!!!((((HUGS))))

I am grateful and thankful for:

*a husband who loves me and thinks I am beautiful
*three grown children with spouses that they dearly love and who I love as well
*my three kitties
*owning a home and having enough money to not go hungry
*health care - not perfect but we have it!
*faith
*internet friends
*my grand-daughter - Misha - due in August:D

jazzcat
06-02-2004, 01:37 PM
I'm grateful for a lot of things but there is one thing in particular I've been very thankful for lately:

*The good times I got to spend with my mom before she died.

I lost her a month ago yesterday and I miss her very much.

catnapper
06-02-2004, 01:40 PM
I'm lgad everyone's ok Julie!

What am I grateful for?
* A husband I'm totally in love with who loves me back the same way
* Three wonderful stepkids that make my life compete even if I want to strangle them at times. ;)
* Three of the best pets in the world
* My mom who is my best friend
* Being able to work from home, even if its hurting us finaincially. It'll get better soon, and I'll be so busy that I won't know what to do! :)
* My house. I love my house.

honor_fl
06-02-2004, 01:49 PM
My SO works with physically and mentally challenged children and adults. After hearing about her latest kids, I am thankful every day for the things I have:

my health
my family
my wonderful animals
this beautiful planet we live on

Kfamr
06-02-2004, 01:56 PM
:eek: I'm glad your son and the rest on his school bus are okay!!! {{HUGS}}

I'm grateful for everything I have... good and bad.
I've come to realize, the bad in life just helps you learn and plan for the future. :)

Especially grateful for..
My two dogs, my family, the house I live in, the bed I sleep in, the great friends in real life and those sincere friends on PT.... much more, but those are at the top.

CountryWolf07
06-02-2004, 02:04 PM
I'm grateful for..

1) My family
2) My cochlear implant
3) My friends
4) My online friends
5) My pets
6) Lastly, my good health!

catlover4ever
06-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Julie, first I'm glad your son is OK and all the others on the bus as well.

I am grateful for everything that God has given me.

My husband, my mom who is my best friend and my sounding board, my health and the health of my husband and mom, my house, that I have a good job that affords us to put food on the table each night. I am greatful for the things I have seen in my life (my grandfather died of a heart attack in front of me, and my grandmother battled cancer for 4 years and I was there when she passed) in seeing those 2 events I am so greatful for each day that I have.

Tigger, Smokey, Tucker, Mystic, and Abner as well as the many other kitties that I have been blessed to care for as each one has taught me something different.

Everything good and bad that has come my way. The decision I have made in my life (again good or bad) they have all taught me lessions in how to love, listen, care, understand, appreciate, sympathise, learn......

RobiLee
06-02-2004, 03:12 PM
I think my number one answer would have to be LIFE!

My family, friends and my two pups. EVERYTHING!

Robin :D

Desert Arabian
06-02-2004, 03:15 PM
Everything my parents do for me- little and big.
My mom exposing me to horses at an extremely young age and letting me start to ride at age 6.
The clothes on my back
The shoes on my feet
The food in my stomach
The roof over my head
The car in the garage
Getting to volunteer at horse camp
My pets

The list goes on.

RICHARD
06-02-2004, 03:22 PM
I am grateful for that split second right before I start to whine about anything...

Right then I remember that I am pretty lucky and should be grateful.

Cataholic
06-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Hmm...so many things, really. My mom, my family and friends that support me so much, my fat belly(:D ), the job I have, the house I live in, my health, my cats....I am way more grateful for what I have than envious of what I don't...

popcornbird
06-02-2004, 04:58 PM
Oh Julie, I'm so glad to hear your son and his school-mates are all okay!!! How scary!

I'm grateful for all that God has given me. First of all, I am grateful for my faith in God. Without my faith, I would have nothing. I am grateful for my mom and dad, for my brother, for my sweet birds, for my relatives and friends, for our house and cars, for the health of myself, and all those that I love. The list is endless. God has given us all so much to be thankful for.

binka_nugget
06-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Phew! I'm glad everyone's alright!

I'm grateful for so many things. I've just recently come to realize how lucky I really am. I'm grateful I have a (semi-normal) family, some wonderful friends I can always count on, my online friends, my two silly pups, the house we live in, the gorgeous city we live in and so much more! And although my family is in a tight situation financially right now, I'm still grateful that I at least have a home to come home to, clothes to wear, food to eat and clean water to drink!

bluekat
06-02-2004, 06:17 PM
I'm grateful for a lot of things in life...my family...friends...PT...Blueberry....my health...and the list goes on.

CatMama78
06-02-2004, 07:11 PM
I'm grateful for my mom, my dad, my boyfriend, all my family and my babies Ori and Wilber. I'm grateful that I have experienced and given love in my life. I'm also grateful that I have a nice roof over my head, and a stable job which affords me a decent level of living.

carole
06-02-2004, 07:11 PM
I am grateful to have

A loving husband

Two healthy children

My two parents are still alive, (as they were involved in a car crash Last week In aussie while on holiday,) I sure am glad they were not hurt.

Two cute kitties

That my husband has a job.

That we have a roof over our heads, food in our tummies, and clothes on our bodies.

To have a special internet buddie.

To have PT in my life.

Just to be ALIVE.

captain
06-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Carole,

Sorry to hear about your parents. WHere in AUstralia are the holidaying.

I am grateful for :

My husband - who puts up with me "warts and all"
My beautiful dogs and Birdie
My loving parents
The fact that I am able in body
My friends who understand when I am too busy to write anything more than a "one liner"
My PT friends, who care when I am "not on line" - WHERE ARE YOU??

Julie,
Glad your son is OK.
Great thread!

Cookiebaker
06-02-2004, 08:21 PM
I am grateful for soo much!

--Firstly I am so thankful for a sovreign God, and peace knowing that His Word still stands

--I am thankful for a house in the country, and for the beauty all around

--I am thankful for two wonderful dogs, a beautiful bunny, a snuggly kitty

--I am thankful for a loving husband, who fills my life with love and laughter. We just celebrated our 7th anniversary

--I am thankful for a great job where it's always busy, hardly ever boring, and a great boss

--I am thankful for both my family, and my in-law family who have made me feel so welcome.

There's so much more, and everyday I just try to realize how blessed I really am. :)

carole
06-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Captain, my parents are in the Gold Coast, it was only a minor one thank goodness, but you can't help but think what could have happened, its been a miserable holiday, that happened first and now they are both full of the cold., so keeping on track with this thread I will be grateful to have them home safe and sound.

guster girl
06-02-2004, 09:01 PM
my family and friends
my health
my dog
food, shelter, transportation
music

slick
06-03-2004, 09:43 AM
In order......

Good health
Family and friends
A good job that keeps a roof over my head and food in my belly
My cats
My car
Pet Talk

DJFyrewolf36
06-03-2004, 10:21 AM
I thank God for every day I can wake up and experence life, for every day I learn something, for every day I can talk with mum and dad and the rest of the family and share experences *although sometimes at first I really dont want to lol*, for every day I wake up knowing I have a husband that loves me with all he has, a rat that is the cutest thing in the world, a lizard that likes watching me sleep, a car that although looks beat up is the fastest most reliable car on the road, and a job that keeps the rent paid and the fridge stocked with beer sodas and food. I thank God for forums like this where people can share stories and help eachother out. I thank God for the oportunity to make a difference, even if it is only a small one.
I thank God that humans can feel love
I could go on forever...I am glad I saw this thread though, I've been feeling a little depressed lately and this thread helped me realize how wonderful life actually is!!

Lillycat
06-08-2004, 06:06 PM
for everything in my life......especially my family.....my cats.....the thrill of waking up each morning to try again. to affirm again, to say i am sorry if need be, to reach out for all the supports we all have, to be a support.....to love life and to appreciate it.....there is soooo much to be thankful for!!!!

Stenograsaurus
06-09-2004, 11:34 AM
I immediately thought of this poem when I read this.

Dear Lord:

Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm
rings, thank you, Lord, that I can hear. There are many who
are deaf.

Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light
as long as possible, thank you, Lord, that I can see. Many are
blind.

Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising, thank you
Lord, that I have the strength to rise. There are many who are
bedridden.

Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks
are lost, toast is burned and tempers are short, thank you,
Lord, for my family. There are many who are lonely.

Even though our breakfast table never looks like the pictures
in magazines and the menu is at times unbalanced, thank you,
Lord, for the food we have. There are many who are hungry.

Even though the routine of my job often is hard, thank you,
Lord, for the opportunity to work. There are many who have
no job.

Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day
and wish my circumstances were not so modest, thank you,
Lord, for life.

Stenograsaurus
06-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Now, what am I grateful for? There is so much but I will only post the most important ones.

I am so grateful for my husband and my two, soon to be three, daughters. They are my world and I could not imagine my life without them.

I am grateful for my mother and my deceased father. They were wonderful parents and I had a great childhood. Even now my mom is always there for me, no matter what.

I am not only grateful for my work but also for my work family. They are such a great group of people to work with and I consider them family. I am also grateful for my husband's job and the fact that we can afford our house, car and anything else we need and a lot of what we want.

I am grateful for my pets. When I am so stressed out, all it takes is a few minutes with them to take that stress away.

And last, but certainly not least, I am grateful that I have accepted God into my life. Without Him I would have nothing!!!!

tikeyas_mom
06-09-2004, 11:40 AM
I'm soo happy that your son and the rest that were on his school bus are alright!

I am grateful for .....
my family,
Friends,
Tikeya,
Life,
Canada,
Being able to attend school,
having a nice home and food,
Having loved ones,
and close family,
having both my parents,
having my brothers,
and my faith.

Logan
06-09-2004, 12:02 PM
I am grateful for:

My Maker, first and foremost

I am grateful for my precious husband, who arrived at a perfect time in my life.

I am grateful for my daughter, Helen, who is respectful, beautiful and such a "gift" to me.

I am grateful for my parents, who have been so supportive and loving, regardless of my ups and downs. They are my "guides", through thick and thin. I am so glad to have them in my life.

I am grateful for my stepchildren who have taught me to open up and be understanding, and they have given me two more precious ones to love.

I am grateful for friendship, whether it be people who live near or far, whether I have met them in person or not. I have many, many "new" friends that I would not have met if it weren't for the internet, a place where many share my love for animals, gardening, etc.

I am grateful for my church, where we have gotten so much support and love, and seek, constantly, to give back.

What a great idea to post what we are grateful for!!! :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-09-2004, 12:23 PM
I am thankful for the gift of music that I have in my life.

I am thankful for this noisy dog beside me, whining for my food.

I am thankful that I have friends who love me and care about me, and I have friends that would die for me, and I would die for them.

I am thankful for my parents. I love them both unconditionally, and even the situation things are in right now, what I need most is for them to support me and the things I do.

I am thankful for my nephew, Gavin, who brought a whole new meaning to the word happiness.

I am thankful for my education and my good grades.

I am thankful for my friends in other states and countries, we all know each other so well and yet we haven't talked or met eye-to-eye.

I am thankful for the food that gets put on my table everynight, I am thankful for the clothes I wear, the house I live in, the car my parents drive.

I am thankful for my relatives, always keeping me smiling, laughing and give out so much love.

And to add a little humor to this sappy post, I am thankful for the little smilies that I can post in my posts... that let EVERYONE know ex-actly what I am thinking. :p