PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat have 6 toes?

12-06-2001, 05:05 PM
My cat Polly has 6 toes. :eek: I don't know if anybody else has a 6 toed cat, but I do. I only know tons and tons and tons of dogs who have 6 toes. Does your cat have 6 toes? :)

catwoman
12-06-2001, 05:36 PM
I don't have a polydactal kitty myself, but I've met several. There are quite a few living on the Florida estate of Ernest Hemmingway, because they were favorites of his.

Catwoman

PS- Cool that your polydactal is named "Polly!"

tuxluvr
12-06-2001, 06:15 PM
I seem to recall seeing a lot of COTD pictures of 6-toed kitties and a few in the chats....they always make me think they are wearing a baseball glove, or like they have little "hands"! too cute!

loveem
12-13-2001, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by fun 4 u:
<STRONG>My cat Polly has 6 toes. :eek: I don't know if anybody else has a 6 toed cat, but I do. I only know tons and tons and tons of dogs who have 6 toes. Does your cat have 6 toes? :)</STRONG>

I have two cats (brother & sister)who have 6 toes on all four feet - Yankee (the male) looks like he has dog feet :D - Ali-Baba - her's look like a extra toe hanging out there - ;)

cr7clark
12-13-2001, 02:58 PM
Maine Coon cats tend towards polydactyly, probably due to their size. At least they are gentle with all those claws! My in-laws had a very large orange and white DSH named Boobie that had six toes, used to literally "ride" intruding dogs out of their yard! LOL!

4 feline house
12-13-2001, 05:31 PM
Love em - I once had a kitty named Yankee, too! But she was a girl. Her sister was named Doodle, they were born on the 4th of July!

How did your Yankee get his name?

purrley
12-14-2001, 07:48 AM
Polly - now isn't that a perfect name for your 6-toed kitty. So fitting ;)

12-14-2001, 06:11 PM
thanks for your posts. "Polly" is a funny name for her. I never noticed. I called her Polly because she likes birds! :eek:

file13
12-14-2001, 10:31 PM
I don't have any with 6 toes on each foot, but I have one with five toes on each foot, the fifth toe on each foot being a pronounced thumb. He walks slightly bulldog-style because of his large front feet, and if he gets mad that front thumb has a pretty wicked-sharp claw like a raptor.

-ls

spicygirl
12-14-2001, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by fun 4 u:
<STRONG>My cat Polly has 6 toes. :eek: I don't know if anybody else has a 6 toed cat, but I do. I only know tons and tons and tons of dogs who have 6 toes. Does your cat have 6 toes? :)</STRONG>

WigglyTail
01-03-2002, 06:50 PM
lol Polly, good name.

My aunt had one one with six toes, named boots! but it was somewhat wild and ran away. I think her current Cat has six toes as well.

Davis Family
01-31-2002, 07:55 PM
Davis Twins talking:

An old teacher of one of us has a cat with six toes. He lives on a farm now, retired with his wive and some horses/cats.

LoudLou
01-31-2002, 07:59 PM
Bonzo Bean does! We call them his "Thumbs". :D

libracats
02-02-2002, 11:34 PM
I personaly dont have any Polydactals but I volunteer for a Cat rescue group and have seen alot of them. I think they are the most loving cats. I also fostered a polydactal for 2 weeks before she got adopted. The people that adopted her wrote to me a year later to tell me that she was the best thing that ever happened to them. I have never seen a polydactal that wasnt sweet.

NoahsMommy
02-04-2002, 03:34 PM
How cute! I don't think I've ever seen a polydactal kitty before, but I've heard about them here. Just one more toe to kiss!

catnosesarecute
03-22-2002, 06:27 PM
i think foo foo has 6 toes. one on his upper leg. i don't know what that is called though.