PDA

View Full Version : LOTR Extended DVD question

wolf_Q
06-02-2004, 12:20 AM
Well, I bought the first movie right when it came out, and I didn't even know the extended version existed. Then I just bought the regular version of the 2nd movie, as I had the regular version of the first and so on...umm yeah so now I have just the normal widescreen DVD of The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King.

I'm thinking now of buying those neato extended version DVDs. Just a couple of questions. Does that have the normal (theater release) version of the movie on it also, or just the extended version? How cool are all the extras? :D

Twink
06-02-2004, 06:32 AM
Oh, if you're a fan of the movies, you NEED to get the extended editions...they're wondermous! :p They don't have the theatrical versions on them; just the extended (but hey, you already have the theatricals!). The long versions of the movies are awesome. If you have read the books, then you get to see a lot of 'book' scenes that weren't in the original releases of the movies. And if you haven't read the books, then the "extra" scenes really clear up a lot of details.

As for the extras, there are hours and hours on each DVD set. Some are better than others, of course, but if you want to know anything about the making of the movies, chances are, it's in there!

Of course, I hear that they're not releasing the EE of RotK until January. Which is MEAN.

FizzGiggs_Mommy
06-02-2004, 07:09 AM
I cant wait until the extended version of ROTK. I have all of the movies so far and the books in hard back and in soft plus the writings before J. R. R. Tolken wrote the Lord of the Rings Books. I have maps to Middle earth and some other stuff from a long time ago when I first read the books.