PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever find pennies or coins?

gini
06-01-2004, 11:50 PM
A dear friend just had a strange experience in finding some coins in her home.

No one had been in her home and she found them in a very strategic place in her home - more or less "lined up"..........

The amount was also very significant.

Have any of you ever experienced anything significant in finding coins?

Miss Meow
06-02-2004, 12:08 AM
I've never found pennies, but it sounds like a very lucky omen :)

What does that phrase 'pennies from heaven' mean anyway?

I once lived in a house and a dinosaur-like ceramic statue would move by itself around the balcony when I was home alone. Day to day it would be in a different place, and there's no way that someone could have jumped over the balcony to play tricks on me. It was inscribed with 'Pamela' on the bottom so we named it Pamela :) We left her there after we moved for the next people to enjoy.

BCBlondie
06-02-2004, 12:14 AM
I don't find any... but I drop my pennies on the ground for a homeless person to pick up or for someone to think they found a lucky penny. ^_^

catnapper
06-02-2004, 06:33 AM
Nope, but that definately sounds interesting.

My Sister-inlaw will find pennies on tails, and then flip them over for heads-up so the next person coming along can find a heads-up penny! :)

Cataholic
06-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Nope, but that definately sounds interesting.

My Sister-inlaw will find pennies on tails, and then flip them over for heads-up so the next person coming along can find a heads-up penny! :)

I pick the tails up pennies anyhow. I know the saying, "find a penny, pick it up and all that day, you'll have good luck", and recite it when I pick it up.

Kfamr
06-03-2004, 12:46 AM
Nope... but I wouldn't mind finding some extra change. ;) :p

DJFyrewolf36
06-03-2004, 10:42 AM
I find Canadian pennies in my house ALL the time...I have no idea where they come from, I think I must get them as change or something and just not notice. One time I got some wierd old european coin as change out of a soda machine. I think it was Russian or something It was sort of like a quarter but a little smaller. It was made in the 40's from what I can tell. Ive noticed soda machines have some wierd stuff in em sometimes!

Lillycat
06-08-2004, 05:59 PM
i collect pennies and put them in a large asian plant container...its very pretty and sits in my dining room.....i also found several in the house i moved into nearly two years ago. i left them tucked away as they were. a few i put on the front door ledge....i think pennies are lucky!!!

QueenScoopalot
06-08-2004, 06:05 PM
We used to live in a huge Victorian house with rooms rented out and there was one tenant who was very strange to say the least. :rolleyes: We'd come home late at night and there would be John standing in the upstairs window, looking at nothing but darkness. He'd say weird things like "well at least the flypaper's catching flys" in his droning voice. When he moved out we started finding pennies everywhere! It didn't matter if we picked up what we thought was every last one in his empty room..there'd be more! :eek: :eek: :eek: So we started a penny jar in his memory and 25 years later it's getting so heavy it can't be lifted. It's a five gallon glass water bottle and pennies I find go in it.

lizbud
06-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Well, I've never found coins in any significant pattern, but I've
had dreams of finding coins since childhood. Tons of them. I
always awake before I've picked them all up.:confused:

Maybe I should look up what that means.:D

leslie flenner
06-08-2004, 08:36 PM
That the house is haunted? Coins strategically placed in what manner?

gini
06-08-2004, 09:16 PM
Forgive me if I seemed vague in my description, but this just happened to a dear friend whose partner passed away suddenly.

Out of respect for her, I am being vague.

If for example, you sat down on a sofa or chair and had change in your pocket that might fall out - I would think it would more or less roll around and land randomly.

The coins found were not random by a long shot..........a very specific amount - strategically positioned so you couldn't miss the significance. I saw the coins and have no explanation for it.

I don't mean that the house is haunted.....and I really didn't mean the pennies or other coins that we occasionally find during our daily routine. I actually have a box with that same type of "found" coin - just because it became fun to save them and let them add up.

What I did mean is that the timing of the appearance of the coins was beyond coincidental.........and their found location was also very significant. The total value of the coins referred to a specific timing - or at least they sure seemed to do that.

It was comforting to my friend........and I was asking - has anything like this ever happened to you - say after a death of a loved one?

Stenograsaurus
06-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Pennies From Heaven

I found a penny today,
just laying on the ground.
But it is not just a penny,
this little coin I found.
Found pennies come from heaven,
thats what my Grandpa told me.
He said Angels toss then down,
oh how I loved that story.
He said when an Angel misses you,
they toss a penny down.
Sometimes just to cheer you up,
make a smile out of your frown.
So don't pass by that penny
when you're feeling blue.
It may be a penny from heaven,
that an Angel's tossed to you.

Author Unknown

Every time I find a penny I pick it up, smile and say, thanks, dad, I'm thinking of you too. Love & Miss You.

leslie flenner
06-09-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks for more info! Yes it must have been awfully comforting!