PDA

View Full Version : Ugh! What's that smell??

Cookiebaker
06-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Today, we went for a quite a long walk. I had Emerson, and Mark had Malone. So we are walking down the hill, and all of a sudden we notice this overwhelming smell of poop. :wrinkled nose: I look back and see that the whole time we were walking, Emerson was leaving a trail of poop. :eek: :o He never pulled or acted like he wanted to "pull over".

It's just such a huge difference between Malone & Emerson. Malone has to prance around in circles, and find THE exact spot; and Emerson just does it whenever/wherever; even walking. He doesn't seem to care.

What about your dog? Are they fussy about where they poop? Or do they ignore it??

(Sorry for the pointless thread)

chocolatepuppy
06-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Nothing about dogs is pointless:D My dogs are opposites too. Lacey's real picky.Mandy will be sniffing as she's pooping and keep on sniffing and following the scent and pooping all across the yard!There's never a pile with her it's always a trail of poop!

Holly's mom
06-01-2004, 09:28 PM
LOL, I thought Holly was the only one who could do that! :D She can be on a walk with us and poop while walking without missing a beat! But if she's out in the yard at home, she has to find just the right spot to do her duty. So I guess she's just a versatile doggie! :D

Amber
06-01-2004, 09:44 PM
omg! Katie will do the exact same thing! we will just be walking and she just does her bissiness while she is still walking. Its embarrassing! :o :o :o :o :o

tikeyas_mom
06-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Amber
omg! Katie will do the exact same thing! we will just be walking and she just does her bissiness while she is still walking. Its embarrassing! :o :o :o :o :o

oscar does it too... he will poop right in the middle of the side walk without even thinking twice. While Baby and Tikeya have to find the best spot....

Kfamr
06-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Silly Emerson!!

My dogs don't normally poop on their walks.
In fact, Nala hadn't gone pee or poo the whole Ohio trip until we got to the dog park.

Simba has before, he just sniffs around and goes.

binka_nugget
06-02-2004, 01:24 AM
Kaedyn loves to surprise me and poop when we get to busy areas with lots of people walking by. He doesn't bother going to a tree or anything. He'll go in front of a store and take his sweet, sweet time. :p

Kai, on the other hand, tends to only poop in our yard.

Pam
06-02-2004, 06:10 AM
Bella is fussy about where she goes. It takes her forever to find the right spot and then she has to go around in circles a few times before going. :o Ripley is much faster. He finds his spot quickly and goes. The funny thing about him, though, is that when he is finished he kicks up the grass with his back legs but he does it after he has walked about 15 feet from where he went. Obviously he needs practice with his 'covering technique.' :rolleyes: :D

Cookiebaker
06-02-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Pam
The funny thing about him, though, is that when he is finished he kicks up the grass with his back legs but he does it after he has walked about 15 feet from where he went. Obviously he needs practice with his 'covering technique.' :rolleyes: :D

Oh my gosh, Malone does this too!!! :rolleyes: It has started only since we got Emerson, so I wasn't sure if it was a "terretorial" thing or something. But I crack up laughing every time he does this. :D :D He makes that grass and dirt FLY!

Pam
06-02-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
I wasn't sure if it was a "terretorial" thing or something. But I crack up laughing every time he does this. :D :D He makes that grass and dirt FLY!

I don't know why they do that but it is funny to watch! :) When Bella is finished "going" Ripley has to be sure he is there to do a little tiny squirt on it. Sometimes I am worried that he will start to lift his leg before she is finished and she will get peed on! He has to leave the last smell! LOL!

Years ago I had a black standard poodle named Whitney (RB now). She always peed as she walked. She would get down into sort of a half squat and then pee and walk all over the yard. It was the funniest thing to watch. I am just glad that when I got her she was already housebroken. I can just imagine trying to clean up a long trail of pee throughout the house! LOL!

FizzGiggs_Mommy
06-02-2004, 06:55 AM
All my boys are diffrent Max just goes wherever....Tobi has to go behind a tree / bush so no one can see him and Fizzy....has to find just the right spot then when he starts to go he will take steps forward while going I guess he doesnt want any on his paws :rolleyes:

stacwase
06-02-2004, 07:32 AM
When we're on a walk, Max has one rule about where he poops.

He MUST do it in the most obvious location, so that anybody driving by will most certainly see both him and us.

Canis Amicus
06-02-2004, 09:12 AM
Rex is very picky finding the right place to do it. He chooses the discreetest places: high grass, under bush, very hidden places, when possible. He hates to do it on sidewalks or asphalt. He also takes a long time, sniffing the ground in circles, trying to find the right spot.

A few days ago, an old lady complimented me because he never pees on her building front wall, i replied the he is very picky when choosing his toilet.

lv4dogs
06-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Nanook ussually prefers to go in the bushes, hedgerow or woods, somewhere private. He also has to find the perfect spot.

Raustyk is half & half, sometimes she will go anywhere without thinking twice, othertimes she has to go in private after finding the perfect spot.

bizdevguy
06-02-2004, 10:34 AM
Buddy is not only picky about where he has to go, but amazingly, I've grown to know the spots he'll like...even if we're someplace new...I know, Buddy will go there!!!

Guess we've been together a little too long! LOL!!!

ParNone
06-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Oz use to be bad about only wanting to pee and poop in his own back yard, but a few camping trips away from home got him over that. He'll still try to pick a spot where he doesn't have an audience though. Both he and Gully make mad dashes around the yard, right before they have to poop, then squat and go. There's not really a whole lot of sniffing and circling trying to find the right spot. They both also will walk off while they're still finishing up peeing.

Maddie and Murph, both would do some sniffing and circling to find the spot, but they both would find it pretty quick.

Murph started doing the dirt kicking thing once I got Oz, so maybe it's a territorial thing. Gully is so curious, he's gotta be right there investigating everything, so he's gotten pelted with dirt a few times from Murph. He's also gotten his head peed on by Oz, because he had to stick his head up under Oz to see what was going on. That was his first bath. Thankfully I got to him in time before Oz pooped on his head or that would have been his second bath. :)

Par...

cloverfdx
06-02-2004, 11:37 AM
Par that is too funny. :D Poor Gully.

Clover and Elvis are very fussy where they go. Elvis will only very rarely do his "buisness" in public, but will pee everywhere. We went camping earlier in the year and Elvis was 4 months old and only went to the toilet once in 2 days, poor baby.

Clover has to go behind trees and bushes when we are in public, and hates people to look at her or in her direction. The poor girl needs privacy.