PDA

View Full Version : adopting another cat

Amber
06-01-2004, 05:58 PM
I really want a cat. Not a cat to re-place maggie, because we are gonna find her soon. I want to have her, and another cat. So I could have 2 kitties.

Since it's May-June it's kitten season. Our shelter (Wapakoneta
Humane Society) is swamped with the most cutest baby kittens ever. They must have over a dozen there.

Some questions I have for you expirenced cat owners is, who do I go for? Should I consider a older cat? a kitten?

I personally want a older cat (2-4yrs) they are more calmer, and already are spayed or neutered. But if I did get a older cat would it be hard to introduce them to 2 dogs? Because with a kitten its so much easier.

Need some help with this...It wont be for a couple months if we do decide to add another cat to our family.

bluekat
06-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Oh that's great! And yes, Maggie is going to come home soon...and I'm sure she'll love a new cat around:)
In my opinion, if you're deciding to adopt a kitten, then it might be best to adopt two kittens. Then they can play with each other and not bother the others too much;) LOL....because when we had Cinnamon before, she was much too hyper for Blueberry. Cinnamon was a kitten by the way. Blueberry always seemed to run away from her. So *if* we were getting another cat, I think I would adopt an older one.

catmandu
06-02-2004, 09:09 AM
f you can , try to find an older Cats , that has been around Dogs , that way she wont panic , and run , which makes some Dogds , think that she is Prey! And we are praying the Lors , shows your Poor Lost Cat , the Way Home!