PDA

View Full Version : "The Day After Tomorrow"

CountryWolf07
06-01-2004, 05:03 PM
I'm seeing it tonight! :D Hopefully it'll be good! I'll let you guys know if I liked it or not!

Amber
06-01-2004, 05:37 PM
My parents saw it...They thought it was good.

CatMama78
06-01-2004, 06:47 PM
It looks pretty good and I really like that actor (Donnie Darko guy). But I'll probably wait for DVD to come out. I'm sure it will give me nightmares for weeks!

CountryWolf07
06-01-2004, 08:35 PM
It was pretty good.. I liked it! :)

Karen
06-01-2004, 08:42 PM
I didn't like it - all the good special effect were in the previews, and it left too many plot holes for my taste, and focused too narrowly on just a few people.

Why not burn furniture from other rooms they cannot use before books? Why the argument over Neitzche, when copies of his books are surely in libraries all over the world? The resolution of the "romance conflict" seemed completely false and out of character. Why don't we learn the other teen boy's names?

I could go on, but you get my drift ...

*******minor spoiler below********

What about the rest of the New Yorkers that suddenly appear at the end? Huh?

CountryWolf07
06-01-2004, 10:31 PM
Actually Karen... I was CONFUSED at the end.. it was a bad ending, though..

It was OK in overall.. but I liked the beginning.. it got kind of.. less thrilling near the end.

lynnestankard
06-02-2004, 05:34 AM
I'm with Karen on this one - great effects - but the story? How bad was that!

I kept going on about burning the furniture - how thick was that to burn the books first - paper doesn't last long eh?!

Did anyone notice the light was on in Liberty's hand just before the huge wave hit? The statue was half under water at the time!

Why didn't the wolves eat the dead bodies?

Nameless 'other' boy!

Oh and on and on and on!! You get the general impression it irritated me? :mad:

Lynne

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-02-2004, 06:31 AM
I saw it and thought it was pretty cool... The story line didn't bother me too much but probably because i was swept away by the special effects!! I could not believe how real they got some of that stuff to look.!:cool: