PDA

View Full Version : Got hurt at work.

cubby31682
06-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Well last friday I fell at work. I tripped over some mop buckets and was twisting and turning trying to keep my balance, slammed into the wall, then procided to fall on the floor, right on my knees. Well I stayed on the floor for a few minutes because my knees were in alot of pain. A friend helped me get up one leg was numb, and the other was tingeling, I figured I just had to walk it off. So I kept working. My knees still hurt but I kept going.

All weekend my back was in alot of pain. I tried a heating pad, hot bath, ice. I tried everything I know of.

I went into work today and told the general manager what had happened and I explained that I didn't want to lift anything heavy until I go to the doctor to find out what I have done to my back. I was going to call my doctor right when I got home but, I decided that I am going to wait until tomorrow when the manager that was there when I fell will be there so I can talk to her and find out what I need to do to have work cover medical expenses.

I couldn't even bend over let alone lift anything heavy. I will update tomorrow when I find more out.

Katie

apcrs5122
06-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Oooh, ouch! I'm really sorry that you got hurt, and I hope everything works out ok for you. Hopefully it's not too bad, and you'll recover quickly:) Keep us updated!

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-01-2004, 02:28 PM
OUCH!! I am so sorry you got hurt - that's rotten! Please take care of your back and your knees, and make sure your management is aware that you can't do certain duties until you are healed.

I think you should make sure the company covers your mdeical expenses, as it was an on-the-job accident!

Hope you feel better soon!

ramanth
06-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Owie!! :(

I hope it's nothing too serious and that you get better soon.

ChrisH
06-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Oh, dear! Sorry you got hurt. Hope it is not serious and you are feeling better soon.

Chris

jazzcat
06-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Ouch, that sounds painful. Hope you are better soon.

BCBlondie
06-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Eeek! I hope the pain goes away soon! Hopefully you'll be alright.. Keep us updated!

Cataholic
06-02-2004, 03:37 PM
I would put in a Worker's Compensation claim. And, there is prolly a timely filing requirement.

cubby31682
06-02-2004, 04:40 PM
I talked to the managment today about it. They are sending me to my own doctor. Which I called today, they are completly booked, but because it is a work related injury, they are getting me in tomorrow afternoon. I am already figuring that they will take me off of work for a few days. I can't even stand for very long then it starts hurting, which of course I know isn't a good sign. I have been takin motrin every few hours. It isn't even coming close to touching the pain. So I'm also pretty sure they will give me something for pain.

Katie

catnapper
06-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Ouch. Good luck at the doctors tomorrow. I hope everythign will be ok.