PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter!

wolfie
06-01-2004, 09:41 AM
The new Harry Potter movie is coming out this friday! Anyone else excited??? ^_^

My sister and I are going to the first showing in our area (she's taking the day out of school!) and we're dressing up. I'm a Ravenclaw student, and she's Tonks. It's going to be so exciting!!!

Uabassoon
06-01-2004, 09:57 AM
I'm so excited about it too! I'm thinking about dressing up, but I haven't decided yet.

Logan
06-01-2004, 11:18 AM
We're not dressing up, but we are excited about seeing the movie this weekend!!! :)

sirrahved
06-01-2004, 11:29 AM
My parents are going to go see it together to celebrate their 23rd anniversary!

wolfie
06-01-2004, 11:37 AM
Daphne's looking forward to it too. :p

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sherbet-lemon/dhp01.jpg

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sherbet-lemon/dhp05.jpg

Doggirl
06-01-2004, 12:19 PM
I really can't wait to go I think I'm going to dress up, but I'm not sure what I'm going to be if I do.

CatMama78
06-01-2004, 02:50 PM
I love Harry Potter stuff. I'm an adult, too. We haven't seen it yet, but I'll probably go to an early morning show within the next couple of weeks. (Not a fan of crowded theaters).

bluekat
06-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Ohh I love Harry Potter!:D I'm going to see it this friday with my friends, but we're not dressing up.

Sirrahsim
06-01-2004, 04:16 PM
oh, oh! Yes:) I'm going to see it just as soon as they get it here on base:o We get some first run movies pretty quickly, so maybe it will play here by the end of the month? I hope:) I could go see it off base (it would have Japanese subtitles), but Japanese theatres cost an arm and a leg! I think it's about 3000 yen or appx. $27US per person:o :o

Uabassoon
06-01-2004, 04:18 PM
I think it's about 3000 yen or appx. $27US per person

OMG that's insane! I don't think I would ever see a movie if it were that expensive! As it is I rarely go to the movies because I think paying $10 is too much, I only go if it's something I want to see really badly. If not I wait until it gets to the cheap theater or I go to the drive in since it's 2 movies for $5.

BitsyNaceyDog
06-01-2004, 04:32 PM
I'm actually not a fan of Harry Potter, but I know a lot of people who are (including my best friend). I saw the first one and didn't like it. Is this the third or forth Harry Potter movie?

Daphne is so cute reading the book.

bluekat
06-01-2004, 05:16 PM
KBlaix- This is the third one.

I actually don't really like the movies either...the books are SO much better.:D

carole
06-01-2004, 05:45 PM
I have not seen any of them, but my daughter has seen them all, her whole school are going to see it on the 16 june, she is very excited and can hardly wait.

It cost us 13 dollars for an adult ticket and 7.50 for children here in NZ.

wolfie
06-03-2004, 12:00 PM
It's tomorrow!!! :D :D :D I can't wait!!!

Originally posted by KBlaix

Daphne is so cute reading the book.

thanks. ^_^

EssTer
06-03-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm quite exited about it too :) I'd love to see that new movie :) in Iceland it's coming out friday too :) I think I'm gonna to cinema Saturday :D

ramanth
06-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Did someone say 'dressing up'!?!? :D :D

http://www.ems-tech.com/etheren/HarryPotter002.jpg

http://www.ems-tech.com/etheren/HarryPotter007.jpg

Of course I'm in Slytherin.... ;) :D

Can't wait to see this movie. My sister won tickets to the Hollywood premiere and saw it last week. My friend who's going to school in Scotland got to see it earlier this week. Lucky wenches. LOL!

We were trying to organize a midnight viewing with some friends and dress up, but it fell thru. :( So no dressing up this time...and Andy and I are going to catch a Saturday Matinee. :)

bluekat
06-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Me and my friends are going to see it tomorrow!:D I'm so excited! I know that its gonna be packed in there...I hope they didn't sell out the tickets yet LOL:p Because the tickets started going on sale last Friday already.

catnapper
06-03-2004, 04:08 PM
We can't wait! hubby and I have already promised the kids to take them to see a matinee of it the day after school lets out!

BitsyNaceyDog
06-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
I actually don't really like the movies either...the books are SO much better.:D

maybe I'll read the book then. :)

Kfamr
06-03-2004, 04:48 PM
I haven't paid any attention to Harry Potter at all, but I have to say... that Daniel kid is rather attractive.

catnapper
06-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix
maybe I'll read the book then. :)
You haven't read the books yet? goodness... run to the bookstore now! you'll be addicted and read all 5 books in a row and then whine that the 6th isn't out yet! :)

bluekat
06-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I haven't paid any attention to Harry Potter at all, but I have to say... that Daniel kid is rather attractive.

LOL I used to have this HUGE crush on him:o:pThat was 2 years ago...I remember one of my friends had a huge crush on Ron(Rupert Grint) and another one of my friends had a crush on Malfoy(Tom Felton).:p

guster girl
06-03-2004, 05:13 PM
I'm planning to go on Saturday night! I love watching kids grow up onscreen, it's cool. :) I love these films, and, am really looking forward to this one. My niece has read all of the books, and, is about to explode waiting for this movie. We're going together. She wants me to read the books, but, I have to finish the ones I'm reading now! :) They definitely seem like good books.

binka_nugget
06-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Oh GOD! I can't WAIT to see Snape!! Oh yummy...Alan Rickman's voice is sooooooo incredible! That's probably 90% of the reason why I even bother going!

I wanted to see it tomorrow but I can't find a place that's showing it for less than 20 bucks. :( Ick..

animal_rescue
06-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Dude he's freakin hott!!lmao I'm going to try and post the collage I made of him!!:D

animal_rescue
06-03-2004, 07:23 PM
C:\Documents and Settings\Bambi\My Documents\My Videos\My Pictures\daniel.bmp

lizzielou742
06-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Anyone seen it yet? I am going to see it tomorrow. I am SO EXCITED!!! Ramanth, cool pics!! :)

guster girl
06-04-2004, 05:19 PM
I'm also going tomorrow. Hopefully, with a group! :) I'll post my thoughts after I see it and get back online.....I'm excited about it, though!

Toby's my baby
06-04-2004, 05:27 PM
I am SO excited, I have read the 1, 2, 3, and 4th books, they are SO exciting and adventurus! Emma's (Dogz) mom took Sara, Emma, and I to the first one, my mom took the three of us to the second one, and know my mom wants to take us to the 3rd one! :p My mom is really into Harry Potter, I cant wait to see the movie. Also looking forward to seeing the 5, 6, and 7th, movies!

RobiLee
06-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Brandon and Ashley just left to go see it. Tonite is the first showing here and Ashley bought the tickets earlier today.

Robin :)

animal_rescue
06-04-2004, 06:39 PM
I can't see it til next weekend because there's a fest this weekend and that's where my sisters and friends want to go!!
I'm not allowed to go somewhere by myself!!:(

bluekat
06-05-2004, 09:48 AM
I just saw it yesterday night.....and it was AMAZING!:D So much better than the first two. I really really loved it, and so did all my friends that went.
Omg it was soooo good I want to see it again:D I probably will see it again though...because my sister also wants to see it.
I'm sure all of you will love it too.

lynnestankard
06-06-2004, 12:32 PM
We went to see it last night - and thoroughly enjoyed. More so than the first two - seemed a little more 'dark' and it was great to have Gary Oldman as Sirius.

Lynne

G.P.girl
06-06-2004, 12:49 PM
i saw it yesterday....i am very disappointed:(

RubyMutt
06-06-2004, 02:54 PM
This was my favorite out of all the books so I am very excited! I haven't been able to see it yet, but I will be going today at 4pm :D I can hardly wait!

jenfer
06-06-2004, 03:01 PM
HP is one of my favorite. I watched it yesterday. It's great. :)

Rottieluver45
06-06-2004, 09:21 PM
I saw it I saw it!! It was sooooo good! I loved it!!! It was so good. Emma Watson (Hermione) is sooooo lucky to be playing that part I'd do anything fort hat part*sigh*

I love Ron. I like him best! Ruper Grint is really good for that character!

G.P.girl
06-06-2004, 09:47 PM
well..i do admit, harry is looking a lot hotter this time around;)

NoahsMommy
06-06-2004, 10:22 PM
My hubby and I were a little disappointed as well. :(

It was really good, but I guess with the books being so wonderful, its hard to match that.

I think I want to go see it again a second time. Maybe I'll like it better.

jenfer
06-07-2004, 12:42 AM
I tried not to compare it too much with the book. I think it's hard to cram hundred of pages of plots into a 2.5 hour show. The books are good and the movie is not too bad either. :)

EssTer
06-07-2004, 09:30 AM
I watched it yesterday, and I'm quite dissapointed.. I dont know why.. I was expecting something more...

K9soul
06-07-2004, 10:08 AM
I saw it yesterday, and enjoyed it. I think if one hasn't read the books they don't expect as much. I haven't read the book as of yet though I have an interest to. Movies almost NEVER match a novel though, unless it is a short novel and they are actually able to fit everything into it. It was a good 2 hours 15 mins movie though, and the effects, acting, story etc, seemed very well put together to me :)

ramanth
06-07-2004, 10:21 AM
I've read all 5 books and I enjoyed it, but some of the things they changed/didn't put in, irked me.

Like not explaining the map (why Lupin knew what it was and what it did and Snape did not. Don't you think Harry would of asked?) or why the patronus that Harry conjures is a stag.

I think if they had kept true to the book and had Crookshanks help the kids with the Whomping Willow and not have them ride it like some freaky amusement ride, then they would of had time to add the other things I felt were important.

I guess the director just assumed everyone who sees the movie reads the books but that is not the case.

Rottieluver45
06-07-2004, 01:56 PM
I was a little dissapotinted that they didn`t explain the map or go in to alot detail about other things but I still loved it. I`m gonna go see it again later today or tomorrow! I`m excited(even though I`ve already seen it) :D

bluekat
06-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
I saw it I saw it!! It was sooooo good! I loved it!!! It was so good. Emma Watson (Hermione) is sooooo lucky to be playing that part I'd do anything fort hat part*sigh*

I love Ron. I like him best! Ruper Grint is really good for that character!

I totally agree!:D I would love to have a part in the movie. And I love Ron too. He's so funny:p

I'm just starting to read the third book again. I read it a long time ago, so I forgot most of it. Alot of parts have been taken out, but they can't possibly fit it all in. I still really love the movie:D
Ohh I really wanna see it again!:D

Rottieluver45
06-08-2004, 02:10 PM
I totally agree!:D I would love to have a part in the movie. And I love Ron too. He's so funny:p

I'm just starting to read the third book again. I read it a long time ago, so I forgot most of it. Alot of parts have been taken out, but they can't possibly fit it all in. I still really love the movie:D
Ohh I really wanna see it again!:D

hehehehe I love that movie!!

I read the third book for the first time right befor the movie came out so it was pretty fresh in my mind.

Right now I`m reading the 4th one(4 the 1st time) I`m almost to the Yule Ball. I heard that Ron and Hermione get together but my bro said they didn`t(he`s trying really hard to convince me they don`t but I dunno) so I`m reading it for myself. I`m trying SOOOOOO hard not to read ahead....it`s killing me! I`m about 3 chapters away!

I LOVE HARRY POTTER

bluekat
06-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45

Right now I`m reading the 4th one(4 the 1st time) I`m almost to the Yule Ball. I heard that Ron and Hermione get together but my bro said they didn`t(he`s trying really hard to convince me they don`t but I dunno) so I`m reading it for myself. I`m trying SOOOOOO hard not to read ahead....it`s killing me! I`m about 3 chapters away!

The 4th's probably my favorite one out of the 5 so far...and the Yule Ball's one of my favorite parts in the book:D But I won't spoil it for you, about who Hermione's going with;)

I also love the 5th book...but I guess the 4th one more since the fifth one's kind of sad.

guster girl
06-08-2004, 05:57 PM
I thought the movie was really entertaining! Books are almost always better than the film adaptations, but, if you can separate the two, it's easier to enjoy the movies more, IMO. Gary Oldman was fabulous, he is so sexy to me! Very cool actor.

wolfie
06-10-2004, 08:28 AM
I thought it was wonderful! It was so much more like I pictured it than the other 2 movies were. But I agree with ramanth, they left out some important things, that would have taken like 2 minutes to explain. Oh well.

I though the time turner part was great - it was so much easier to understand in the movie than in the book.

My sister and I had a lot of fun when we went. Everyone was commenting on our costumes. ^_^ Oh, and we saw it twice in the same day! Yeah, we're crazy!

petlover
06-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
well..i do admit, harry is looking a lot hotter this time around;)

Yes, I definately agree. Malfoy is much more better looking in this movie too. But the movie dissapointed me as well. I don't know. I feel like they left something out. Well, I know they left something out.. but still. Even though I read the book the movie still seemed pretty confusing to me. I like the other 2 better. The only difference is, the boys are better looking and their voices are getting deeper and lovelier. Harmione is my favorite actor. I would love to play her part as well. She is so pretty and smart. And I love her cat in the movie.:)

Rottieluver45
06-11-2004, 01:00 PM
The 4th's probably my favorite one out of the 5 so far...and the Yule Ball's one of my favorite parts in the book:D But I won't spoil it for you, about who Hermione's going with;)

I also love the 5th book...but I guess the 4th one more since the fifth one's kind of sad.

OMG!!! KRUM!!!!!!!! What....what about RON!!!!! *sigh* they were sooo close!!! Poor Hermione.

catnapper
06-11-2004, 01:35 PM
We just got back from seeing it this morning! It was FANTASTIC! The imagery was superb! Iwas determined not to be disappoint like I was with the first two movies, and I wasn't - except like a few others mentioned about the map. I REALLY wished they explained it was his dad's map. I told hubby that walking out and he never picked up on it in the book! :eek: It really would have taken but one line for someone to say, "This was your father's and our map when we were here at Hogwarts"

bluekat
06-12-2004, 09:10 AM
I just read the book again and now I am kind of disappointed that they left out alot of parts. I wish they would add in more quidditch matches, and add in Padfoot, Moony, Prongs...and explain it more at the end. And alot of parts were changed, like when Harry got the Firebolt. But oh well...

I'm going to see the movie again tonight with my sister:D

OMG!!! KRUM!!!!!!!! What....what about RON!!!!! *sigh* they were sooo close!!! Poor Hermione.

LOL:p

I wanted Harry to go with Cho;):p