PDA

View Full Version : My catnip is growing!!!

moosmom
05-31-2004, 02:46 PM
Last year at this time, I went out and bought catnip seeds, soil and a window box. I planted them and put them outside in the backyard. Nothing happened.

Well, I went out there today (it was beautiful out and Moo had cabin fever) and it's finally growing!!! At first I thought it was just weeds. But I broke some off and sniffed it. Hmmmmm, smelled like catnip. What better way to test it out than with a cat.

Enter MooShoo. I brought it over to him and he went NUTS!!!! So, hopefully by the end of the summer, I'll have tons of it.

Killearn Kitties
05-31-2004, 02:58 PM
Those cats will love you forever if you are growing a fresh supply of catnip for their very own enjoyment!:D

sirrahbed
05-31-2004, 05:59 PM
:D Wait until NEXT year! It'll likely DOUBLE in size!!! I usually cut mine down before the freeze (strip leaves anyway), dry it in the microwave and dole it out over the winter:) Trust me - it'll come back! Mine is now flowering (purplish blooms) and that reseeds for lots of new plants.
YAY DONNA!! GREEN THUMB AWARD!!!!

catcrazylady
06-01-2004, 05:58 AM
I'm gonna have to plant some of that stuff! You know Donna it's way past time for some pictures and especially pictures of the Moo man! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Please don't make me have to start WHINING like Sirrahbed does!

sirrahbed
06-01-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Please don't make me have to start WHINING like Sirrahbed does!

HEY! I resemble....er...resent that remark!

Where IS Moo?? I haven't seen him in ages??? Wa....oops:D

catmandu
06-01-2004, 08:46 AM
My Dear Mother , may the Lord Bless and Keep her , planted Cat Nip , for her Cats , and to this day , almost 13 years , after her passing , is still attracting Neighborhood Cats! She would be pleased! Its sad , that someone else , owns the Old Homestead , as we no longer get Fresh Cat Nip , at the Hotel!

Uabassoon
06-01-2004, 10:14 AM
Fresh catnip is the best! My two go nuts over it.

ramanth
06-01-2004, 10:15 AM
Your kitties are lucky. :D

kimlovescats
06-01-2004, 11:22 AM
YIPPEE!! I just bought another small pot of it too, I plan to transplant it into an outdoor trough planter! I want to grow a big patch for the season!!! Got lots of kitties to cater too here ya know!!!:rolleyes: :D