PDA

View Full Version : Cat sounds?

slleipnir
05-31-2004, 09:54 AM
Kiba makes weird sounds sometimes, I'm curious if all cats make it. It's like a chirpy sound like 'Meeer'. I guess I'd need a recording of it but I don't have one lol. She just does it sometimes, it's weird. Like she could be walking around and make it, or you could just put your hand on her to pat her and she'll make a small one. I've never heard cats make this sounds, I know Smitten never has.

Am I insane here..or? It IS kinda cute though ;)

sirrahbed
05-31-2004, 09:58 AM
Mine have assorted sounds too! Eliot is soundless:rolleyes: But Emily has an assortment. The one that you describe from Kiba sounds a bit like Emily's *princess* sound. It is not her meow, but more of a little bleeting lamb sort of sound that indicates her highness needs a hit of a pat or recognition perhaps? She also does it when she is settling in for some cookie making time with her daddy:D I want food sounds are completely different - louder!

catmandu
05-31-2004, 11:23 AM
Most of the Found Cats, use the traditional Mrrow , Meeeow , and Wrrrow! JJJ3 , when he thinks that his trerats are coming , Whiskas Temptations , olnle goes MMMMMMMMMMMMMWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! And John , the Balinese and Rocca go Mrrrrrooooo! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! !

slleipnir
05-31-2004, 11:57 AM
Hah, Smitten does the Mroowww thing too hehe :rolleyes:

RedHedd
05-31-2004, 12:02 PM
Mitzi does something like that - I call it her "meep." She also mrrps and, of course, meows. I think Mishi has been giving Mitzi singing lessons whilst I'm at work as she is now talking and singing a lot more than she used to. It's so cute, although my favorite are her little "silent" meows. I know she's probably making a sound, but my human ears can't hear it; I just see her little mouth moving. No distress signals, just meowing to let me know she's here and wants pets. She's watched it work for Mishi long enough so I guess she figured she'll try it too .... it works!

Mishi talks and sings all the time. Some of my favorites are his "umgawa" sounds, usually when he wants food.

sirrahbed
05-31-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd

Mishi talks and sings all the time. Some of my favorites are his "umgawa" sounds, usually when he wants food.

Umgawa??? http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/1.gif

nibblets
05-31-2004, 05:06 PM
Julie makes a noise that sounds just like the flying cars on The Jetsons. She does it usually as she is running through the house so it does sound as if she if flying past.

Uabassoon
05-31-2004, 06:47 PM
Tibby sometimes makes a chirping sound, it's cute.