PDA

View Full Version : Blair got a hair cut! ****PICS!!!****

cali
05-30-2004, 11:17 PM
lol we managed to convince Blairs breeder(and co-owner) that blair needed a haircut because he really could not see! lol she figerd it out at agility today when he was supposed to go over the jumps and go to the target, uhh well he could not find the target cuz he could not see it lol he was trying to find thsi darn target using only his nose, and memory! :eek: lol so the little shaggy doggot a hair cut, lol my mom said at first her was like "NO, dont, you cant, PLEASE dont..." then after she trimmed a bit and he could see all of a sudden he was like "oooo MORE MORE! cut more please!" ;) lol I bet he is happy now that he can see! so I will now stop boring you and get on the the before and after pics!

Before:
http://www.mypetpages.net/artists/116/0/86ec0764c6d52a866763849ac69d2740.jpg

AFTER!
http://www.mypetpages.net/artists/116/0/0e8b1b255f9cb4db21124e5d3713cf95.jpg
well what do ya know! he has EYES!:D

Shelteez2
05-31-2004, 12:27 AM
Much better :)

Why did you have to convince the breeder though that he needed a haircut? I know she co-owns him with you and all, but it's not like you are showing him and his hair needs to be a certain way.

I bet he's much happier now that he can see clearly :)

Uabassoon
05-31-2004, 12:52 AM
Cute pics! I'm sure Blair is happy now that he can see :)

cloverfdx
05-31-2004, 07:01 AM
I knew there was a dog under there somewhere. :D

Blair will be so happy at Agility next, being able to see his target and the jumps.

Cute photos. Thankyou for sharing them.

cali
05-31-2004, 09:22 AM
Why did you have to convince the breeder though that he needed a haircut? I know she co-owns him with you and all, but it's not like you are showing him and his hair needs to be a certain way.

the breeder WAS going to show him, that was part of the deal, if he turned out showable she would get to show him.

Shelteez2
05-31-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by cali
the breeder WAS going to show him, that was part of the deal, if he turned out showable she would get to show him.

Ahh I see. That makes sense then :)

Don't they trim them at all though? (I know nothing about the breed).

cali
05-31-2004, 09:38 AM
nope they are supposed to be shown all natural, no brushing either, looking groomed at all is a fault in the breed. :eek:blair was actually supoosed to develop a brow, that holds the hair up from is eyes and pushes it to the back of his head, but he dident lol

cali
05-31-2004, 02:32 PM
here this is Zoom, blairs aunt, she has the borw that pulls the hair off the eyes and back over the head, blair never developed one, like he should have, but the breed is not to be clipped at all when they are shown.

http://www.pyrs.homestead.com/files/ZoomFeb03FaceZ.jpg

Tiah
05-31-2004, 02:37 PM
If they are not supposed to be clipped, why didn't you just put his hair up in a pony-tail holder on top of his head?

cali
05-31-2004, 02:43 PM
still would not be able to show him, its a herding breed, not a toy, or terrier. they are supposed to look natural in the ring, but hair in fron of the eyes like blair had is a DQ. and putting his hair in a topknot would get him laughed out of.... well... everywhere. :)

Tiah
05-31-2004, 02:46 PM
...still, doesn't mean he could atleast have his hair up at home or agility...?

cali
05-31-2004, 02:50 PM
but without a brow he cant be shown anyway so it does not matter one way or the other! we chose to cut it, it works better for us, we tried other ways of keeping his hair out of the way, but nothing worked, cutting did, and he was VERY happy we did.

crazycait
05-31-2004, 03:04 PM
well, whaddya know? Blair has eyes!:p he looks very happy