PDA

View Full Version : Is your dog a vocal player?

RubyMutt
05-30-2004, 03:19 PM
I've come to notice recently how loud Ruby can be when she's playing. I guess I never thought much of it until we moved in with Brock and I saw how quiet he usually is when he plays. She of course has her quiet moments, but for the most part she's really growly (not in an aggressive way). Are anyone else's dogs like this?

jenfer
05-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Sometimes when Gigi plays with us, she make growling sound too. Yeah, like I am going to let her chew my hand. :rolleyes:
lol.

chocolatepuppy
05-30-2004, 04:18 PM
My Lacey is very vocal but my Mandy is not.

primabella
05-30-2004, 04:54 PM
For the most part, Mickey is pretty quiet when he plays but if we're playing soccer or he's chasing something, he'll sometimes growl. :)

Rachel
05-30-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
I've come to notice recently how loud Ruby can be when she's playing. I guess I never thought much of it until we moved in with Brock and I saw how quiet he usually is when he plays. She of course has her quiet moments, but for the most part she's really growly (not in an aggressive way). Are anyone else's dogs like this?

Yes, that is how Hannah earned one of her nicknames, i.e. *Snarla*. She also *talks* sometimes when she gets a massage. I love to interpret what she is saying, like *ohhh, more to the left, no, no, up by the back by my tail*.

K9soul
05-30-2004, 05:14 PM
Tasha is only really vocal when she is playing with me or David, when she plays with Tommy, she mostly just makes noises here and there, little snarls/growls. When she plays with us, it's very loud, excited barking and "vicious" snarls as she nips at our feet.

Tommy is always a vocal player, whether it be with people or with Tasha. Long drawn out growls and groans, interspersed with play barks. Overall he's the most vocal one of the two. :)

Glacier
05-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Yup, all of them! Huskies tend to play rough and vocalize alot. It's freaked a few people out as at first it sounds like fighting. I can tell instantly the difference between fighting and playing sounds. My husband always says if there is blood they are fighting, no blood equals just playing!

Chum is probably our most vocal little dude. Part of why he never got adopted is that he is very growly and it can come across as aggressive, until you get to know him. He's not aggressive at all, but when he's playing or just telling stories he sounds like he's going to kill something!

cloverfdx
05-31-2004, 09:52 AM
Clover and Elvis are very noisy players, play growling and barking, some people have mistaken them playing as serious fights. LOL

And actualy Penny and Theo are just as noisy, Penny barks ALOT when playing and Theo sounds as if he is trying to kill poor Penny.

It is all fun until someone accidently gets hurt, then the chases around the house begin and the excited barking gets worse. LOL it is a sight to see.

Kfamr
05-31-2004, 10:39 AM
Ask anyone at the Findlay dog park.. YES Nala sure is!!

cloverfdx
05-31-2004, 10:47 AM
Yay you got home all safe. LOL funny girl Nala.