PDA

View Full Version : RIP Sara

wolfsoul
05-29-2004, 05:53 PM
My cat, my baby, Sara, that I've had since I was 5 years old, died today.

She was in the front yard yesterday. The neighbor's dog, Pedro, got out of their house and came over to our's. Sara stood and fought. It was her teritorry. She'd never run. She was a tortoise-shell; she had so much spirit. Finally she did run up a tree. And Pedro grabbed her off of it and shook her. He shook her for maybe five minutes while my mom beat Pedro in the head with a 2X4. Finally he let go, and my mom grabbed Sara and ran. Sara sliced her arm up really bad and has to go to the hospital. I wanted to take Sara to the vet but they were all closed and my mom wouldn't let me call the emergency vet. Her skin wasn't broken but she went into shock. She passed away at 3:30 this morning from internal bleeding in the abdomen. :(

When she was younger she was always so tolerant, but her attitude grew as she did. The only thing that really scared her were my rats. She was so sassy...so feisty. She had alot of life. She even used to chase Timber around the yard. She was a real pain, but I loved her so much because she was my baby. I'd had her so long.

This just figures...I'm moving on Tuesday...Tuesday was the day that she would be strictly indoors, once and for all. And I was going to feed her better food. And four days before that could happen, this happens. :( :( :( I was really going to start taking better care of her. God, I can't stop crying. It just feels like a nightmare. Like I'm going to wake up and everything will be back to normal. It just feels so weird, like I'm going to hear her little bell on her collar tinkle, or hear her meow for her food.

We took her to Darely Creek today and buried her. I am going to go back and plant some flowers around it. I'm also going to take a break from my project in woodwork and make a nice cross with an inscription on it..."Sara Sue 1993-2004" and maybe put something else a little more personal on it.

RIP Sara Sue. I love you and miss you dearly.

Jordan :(

GoldenRetrLuver
05-29-2004, 05:56 PM
God Jordan, I'm so sorry. :(:( We were just talking about her on the phone a few days ago, too... I know you took care of her the best you could, and I know she thanks you for that.

RIP Sara. Have fun at The Rainbow Bridge, sweet kitty. :(

wolfsoul
05-29-2004, 06:23 PM
http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v163/catahoula/jump_for_treat.jpg
http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v163/catahoula/sara_chair.jpg
http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v163/catahoula/sara_in_the_light.jpg
http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v163/catahoula/Sara_pawing.jpg

My favourite picture of her.
http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v163/catahoula/Sara2.jpg

Uabassoon
05-29-2004, 06:30 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Sara :( Have fun playing at the rainbow bridge Sara.

Corinna
05-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Jordan so sorry to hear of this . I hope your mom is ok what she did was very brave . I have too been in that situation luckly our cat ran and I held the dog. Good thoughts sent out to you.

wolfsoul
05-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Thanks guys. Yes, I guess my mom was brave...Pedro is a German shepherd dog/rottweiler/mastiff mix, so he is very large. My mom could have gotten some pretty bad injuries. Pedro is a really good dog though...he just has a high prey drive. My mom feels really bad that she didn't do anything more though..she should have let me call the vet. :(

zippy-kat
05-29-2004, 06:40 PM
I lost my first cat, Tom, in 1992 to a stray rottweiler. I had had him since my 4th birthday. With the exception of Max (who HATED to be confined indoors) Tom was our first and last outside cat.

My most heartfelt sympathies to you and your sweet one. May she rest in peace knowing she was the most loved cat on earth.

{{hugs}}

trayi52
05-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Jordon, I am so sorry to hear about Sara. She was such a beautiful girl. I hope your mother's arm is okay, that was a very brave thing for her to do.

My heart is with you, Jordon, I know you feel like screaming as loudly as you can, and your heart is shatttered.

I'll be thinking about you, and I hope your heart heals soon.

Play hard and be happy at the bridge dear, sweet, and beautiful Sara.:(

Willie

Cataholic
05-29-2004, 07:08 PM
Jordan,
My heart breaks for you. Poor Sara, Poor you. Know that she is playing hard at RB, and will be overseeing your move. Nothing will stop the pain right now, but, remember her fondly, as I know she is remembering you.
Hugs,
Johanna

popcornbird
05-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Oh Jordan! :(:(:( {{{hugs}}}

Poor sweet Sara. :( My heart aches for you, and for her. I'm so sorry about your loss. May you find comfort in the fond memories of Sara.

:(

Steffi N
05-29-2004, 07:39 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of your dear Sara. Take comfort knowing that she lived a life full of your love. She will live forever in your heart.

jenluckenbach
05-29-2004, 07:45 PM
I am very sorry to hear about Sara :(

shais_mom
05-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Jordan, I know we didn't see eye to eye a lot of times, but please know that my heart truly breaks for you. I can't imagine what you are going thru. I have never lost a kitty I was close too.
Take care of yourself and good luck with your move.
Godspeed to the Bridge Sara Sue.

moosmom
05-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Oh Jordan!

I am SO sorry to hear about Sara. She was beautiful!!!

RIP beautiful girl! You were truly loved and will be missed!!

jazzcat
05-29-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm so sorry.

Rest in Peace sweet Sara.

wolfsoul
05-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Thanks so much everyone. I feel so depressed. :(

tikeyas_mom
05-30-2004, 02:26 AM
***hugs***

I am soo sorry Jordan, you were the best cat momma you could be.. And I know that you loved her very much, as did she...

Please just call me if you need to talk, I know what it feels like to loose a kitty, it is hard. :( :(

cloverfdx
05-30-2004, 03:10 AM
Oh Jordan i am so sorry. {{{Hugs}}}

You and your Mum did all you could.

Godspeed to the bridge sweet Sara.

smokey the elder
05-30-2004, 07:23 AM
I'm so sorry about Sara. Play nice with the other kitties at the Bridge.

wolfsoul
05-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Thanks everyone...:(

rg_girlca
05-30-2004, 04:10 PM
My heart aches for you on the tragic loss of your precious Sara.
She was/is a very beautiful girl. I am so sorry.

Rest in Peace pretty Sara and have fun on Rainbow Bridge.

catmandu
05-31-2004, 11:12 AM
Poor sara , and there must be someone that can make these Idiots keep thier Dogs , on thier own Property! Most Dog owners are Good , but its too bad that Sara , was killed , and your Mother , injured! I would be taking them , to court , forthe Vet , and Medical Bills! RIP SARA , and the Found Cat Angels , will be your guides!

slick
05-31-2004, 10:28 PM
Jordan:

I'm so sorry I didn't see this until now. I have not been on PT as much lately.

Hugs to you my friend. You must still be heartbroken over the loss of Sara but please know that she is at the RB watching over you.

She looks like a beautiful girl and she knows you loved her very much. Take comfort in knowing that she's making friends and playing happily at the RB. You will meet again some day.

wolf_Q
05-31-2004, 11:06 PM
Oh I'm so very very sorry to hear this. She was a beautiful cat. :( I'm sure she's playing happily at the Rainbow Bridge. :(

kimlovescats
05-31-2004, 11:15 PM
(((Hugs))) to you in the loss of your precious Sara. YES, the neighbors REALLY need to be turned in for letting a vicious dog run free!!! :mad:

ramanth
06-01-2004, 10:47 AM
Jordan, I'm really sorry about your loss. :( Sara was a beautiful cat.

gini
06-01-2004, 10:55 AM
The loss of a dear pet under any circumstances is so difficult.

I know this has caused you a great deal of pain and I am so sorry that you have to go through this.

Dear Sara, we know you are now at the Rainbow Bridge and carefree and happy - you will be greatly missed.

Randi
06-01-2004, 11:05 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Sara. Poor girl must have been chocked! :(

Rest in Peace, sweet Sara!

krazyaboutkatz
06-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Jordan, I'm so sorry to hear about Sara's passing.:( RIP sweet Sara.

catmandu
06-02-2004, 09:14 AM
I just heard from Mr Scrappy , and Sara , is having Brunch , at The Rainbow Bridge! She wants you to know that she is well , and young again!

wolfsoul
06-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Thanks so much everyone. :)

Vickie, I tried calling you but you are never home lol. I was going to tell you what happened, so I'm glad you saw the thread.

Glad to hear that Sara and Mr. Scrappy are having fun at the RB!

Mandy-Lee
06-09-2004, 07:44 AM
I had to contain my sadness since I'm at work, but I feel for you and your Mom. Sara is now in a place where she feels no pain and can play free of danger. She was such a gorgeous girl and still is over the Rainbow. As soon as I saw her pictures, it made me sad b/c she has the same colors in her as my precious, Nova.

http://catoftheday.com/archive/2003/March/24.html

Thank you for sharing your heart felt story. Wish it would've turned out better.

rosethecopycat
06-09-2004, 08:05 AM
I know your pain is great, with the images you experienced. Try and think of a pleasant image of Sara, everytime a traumatic one creeps into your thoughts.
Will those images away. Sara wants you to think of her fondly.

I know you are young, and these are tough things to go through. It takes many years to work through the loss, especially of a childhood pet.

(I just lost a dear cat, yesterday, so I know something of the place you are in)

Know that she is alright, and waiting for you.

Godspeed to the bridge, Sara.

Rose

Logan
06-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Jordan, I am so sorry about Sara. I did not see this earlier, and I apologize for not responding sooner. I hope your aching heart will heal. She was such a beautiful girl. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan