PDA

View Full Version : Shootings in Khobar

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-29-2004, 02:45 AM
A few minutes ago terrorists opened fire in a number of Westerners residential compounds in Khobar, Saudi Arabia.

This is where all my husband's colleagues live with their families. It is also very close to my hubby's office (Thank God he is working from home today, so is not in Saudi right now)

We are trying to contact everyone at the moment, but the phone lines are very busy.

Please pray that all our friends are safe!

BCBlondie
05-29-2004, 04:15 AM
:eek: I hope everyone will be okay!! That sounds really scary! Hopefully they're all safe!

PayItForward
05-29-2004, 04:32 AM
Oh Julie {{{hugs}}} that you get though to everyone very soon :(

Good luck :(

catcrazylady
05-29-2004, 05:15 AM
OMG! That's horrible! Oh Julie I will be praying for all your friends and thank God that your hubby was working from home today! What a terrible thing for you to have to experience.
Why must people be so cruel??!!
Please keep us updated

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-29-2004, 06:35 AM
All our friends are safe!! They are stuck in their offices and compounds, whilst all their kids are under army guard at their school.

As soon as they can get their families together they will be evacuating and driving over to us in Bahrain.

We have so many friends and colleagues over there, we are praying that they all stay safe and manage to get out.

My husbands company is evacuating all staff and closing the office until further notice.

Karen
05-29-2004, 06:52 AM
Thank goodness everyone is safe, and are evacuating. Thank you for updating us!

catcrazylady
05-29-2004, 07:14 AM
That's good news Julie and I pray that everyone gets out safe and sound. How horrible for the kids in school! They must be terrified. Keep us posted and we will be praying for everyones safe evacuation.

ChrisH
05-29-2004, 07:52 AM
That is so frightening! Thank God everyone is safe. Sending prayers that the evacuation goes smoothly and everyone gets out to safety.

Chris

So awful. Just looked at the BBC news site which tells of hostage situation, and the latest headline is of one American killed. Here is the link to a couple of eyewitness reports.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/3760163.stm

luckies4me
05-29-2004, 10:51 AM
What a terrible thing to be going through. :( You will most definitely be in my prayers, as well as those lost and their families.

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Christians are still being held hostage. PLEASE pray for them.

Barbara
05-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Oh no! My ex-husband has been working in Saudi for 4 years. When I heard this morning about the shooting I was so glad he is out.

I hope everyone will be safe and am glad that your friends will be evacuated.

Lillycat
06-08-2004, 06:22 PM
prayers going out for all. these are trying times.

captain
06-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Hugs to you and your family and friends over there ........