PDA

View Full Version : Sick Cavy HELP!

manda_moo87
05-28-2004, 10:31 PM
One of my friends just phoned me and told me she has a sick cavy...since I'm no expert on cavies I have no clue how to help her.
She says that she's making funny noises when she breathes, she's got discharge from the nose, and she's got no energy she's just lying on her side...

Anyone know what she could have or what my friend can do???

Karen
05-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Yes - call an emergency vet. They are usually listed in the phone book, or Miss Hoppy's vet puts the night vet's number on their answering machine message when they are closed. That doesn't sound good, though I am no guinea pig expert.

manda_moo87
05-28-2004, 11:07 PM
Sadly its too late - she just passed a way a few minutes ago...:( RIP "Popcorn".

tatsxxx11
06-20-2004, 12:00 PM
Oh no:(:(:( I wish I had seen this earlier...but it doesn't appear that there was much hope:( URI's in cavies are so dangerous and life threatening. Sounds like this might have been Popcorn's problem. Rest easy now, sweet cavy. From one cavy mom to another, please extend my most heartfelt sympathies to your friend. Safe journey to the Rainbow Bridge precious Popcorn. Look out for my Squeeker. He's a gentle little guy and will be welcoming you with open paws, I'm sure. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra