PDA

View Full Version : Hamsters Are So Cute!

piclezgomoo
05-28-2004, 09:02 PM
I think it is quite rude when someone calls a hamster a rodent. Nothing is wrong with being a rodent. I know they are but rodents have been given a bad name for no absoute reason! I know my 3 month old hamster Diego Joe is very civilized. (so is his cage) I have recently gotten more stuff for his cage & he loves it! I just think it is wrong that people critisize rodents! It is evil!!!

I have also decided to start a Hamster Hotline. Anyone who has any questions, comments, or needs advice on hamsters should post! I am checking my boards frequently. This hamster talk is open to anyone of the rodent family! I can also hook you up with small animal breeders! I'm your girl!

piclezgomoo
05-28-2004, 09:07 PM
This is somethign that my hamster absoulutely LOVES! It is a very nutricious treat which is fun to make! What you do is take some lettuce, then some raddish, & carrots. Cut up all of it so it is kinda small. Then take a towel & place it on the ground of the bathtub. Put a few toys or objects in the tub on the towel. Such as a baseball cap, a mini igloo, a soebox with a hole, or a toilet paper roll. Then ide the peices. Take your furry friend & place him in the tub & watch them! They'll have fun searching for their treat! I call it hamster hide & seek treats!

piclezgomoo
05-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Another fun thing to do with your hamster that Diego totally recamends is to go for a walk! I'm serious. Buy a hamster harness & leash! To protect his feeties I made thise little felt shoes by just takign a small squared of felt & trying it not to tightly around his foot so he has his feet protected! It gives hima great excisize! Don't do it while it's broad daylight though because that could hurt your furry friend's eyes. Do it jsut as the sun is setting!

piclezgomoo
05-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Something very fun to do w/ your hammy is to make a maze for them! Just use a big cardboard box. Then use contrction paper to create a maze. Use tape to connect peices. Then put ahole at the start & one at the finish. Put a treat at the end & your hamster at the beginning! It's fun to see them find their way around! Doego likes it alot!

piclezgomoo
05-29-2004, 01:39 PM
A fun thing that I love to do w/ my mommy is to have a pic nic together. My mommy will set a sheet outside on the grass & put my hamster playpen around it. Then she brings out food. She normally pavks me a teeny tiny salad. It has lettuce, carrots, raddis, cabbage, celery & broccoli! It is fun because with my playpen my mommy's dog cant get me. For dessert I normally get a little bit of her strawberry yougurt! Well I have to go run in my run-a-ball! It is brand new & SO MUCH FUN!

Fallon
05-29-2004, 01:46 PM
I don't think it is bad to call rats rodents. It is what they are and there is nothing wrong with them. Of course some people give them bad names but that's okay.. lots of people love them. Byt the way.. nicce.. cute posts heh.

piclezgomoo
05-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Thank you for your opinion! I liked it very much.

I agree. I just think people assume rodents are these little dirty & ugly cratures! If you look at the picture of Diego Joe on my siggy you can tell he is not ugly or dirty!

EssTer
05-29-2004, 05:25 PM
My favourite rodents.. I think.. is... RABBIT!!! But I really love ratties too.. I voted for ratties LOL...

piclezgomoo
05-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Rabbits are quite cute. How can you resist a rat though. They are so smart & cute!
~breezy

piclezgomoo
05-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Give hammies scratchies under their chins! They ABSOULTLEY love it!

Aspen and Misty
05-29-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by EssTer
My favourite rodents.. I think.. is... RABBIT!!! But I really love ratties too.. I voted for ratties LOL...

Rabbits acctually Aren't Rodents but Lagomorphs..

Also, just so you know - Guinie Pigs are Cavy's ...... I think it's interesting how all these small animals have diffrent names, or groups

My FAV rodent is A Rat!!

Ash :D

Uabassoon
05-30-2004, 12:04 AM
Those are really neat tips! My favorite rodents are rats. I'm owned by one rat, she's super smart and super sweet. Her name is Mokey, and you can see her picture in my signature. By the way Diego Joe is very cute!

EssTer
05-30-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
Rabbits acctually Aren't Rodents but Lagomorphs..

Also, just so you know - Guinie Pigs are Cavy's ...... I think it's interesting how all these small animals have diffrent names, or groups

My FAV rodent is A Rat!!

Ash :D

Oohhh.. I didnt know that.. I just saw rabbits in that poll...so I understood rabbits are rodents.. anyway..my fave rodents are rats :)

piclezgomoo
05-30-2004, 09:04 AM
I had no clue by the poll! Seriously? When My friend bought her guinea pig they calle dit a rodent. When my friend bought her bunny they called it a rodent too. I know rats are so sweet! How can you not love them?

Aspen and Misty
05-30-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by piclezgomoo
I had no clue by the poll! Seriously? When My friend bought her guinea pig they calle dit a rodent. When my friend bought her bunny they called it a rodent too. I know rats are so sweet! How can you not love them?

Isn't is fun to see how much you can learn on PT!!! :D

G.P.girl
05-31-2004, 05:34 PM
Technically rabbits aren't rodents, they're lagamorphs, and i think they're putting guinea pigs in the lagamorph group too. bu ti love ratties :D unforunatly some people in my house who happen to be in charge of deciding what pets a can/can't have *cough* my mom *cough* openly hates rats...so i have to wait til i go to college.
BTW, do you guys think they allow pets at vet schools?

EDIT: i just read the rest of the thread, and someone already said the thing about rabbits and pigs. sorry ;)