PDA

View Full Version : ***i'm Back!!!!!!!!***

EssTer
05-28-2004, 01:26 PM
YES!!! I'm back from trip to Faroe Islands with my class! It was fun! :)
First day we went to one place and had night homes in one school there, next day we went to Faroes Islands with farry, next day 5.00 o clock AM we were in Faroe Islands, we lived there in families and after about 6 days in Faroes we went back with farry, had night homes in one place, and NOW I'm home!!!!!!!!!!!!I promise pics will be soon, I just need to upload them in imagestation and it can take a time :)

And how are you guys? Whats new in PT? It's really hard to read all those posts, that you have posted by that time, when I was away :D

Logan
05-28-2004, 01:43 PM
Welcome home!!!!!!!

You're just going to have to take your time and read, I guess, to try and catch up!

I'm so glad you had a good trip. Can't wait to hear all about it and see your pictures!!!! :)

Logan

EssTer
05-28-2004, 02:28 PM
GRRR, imagestation is to slow, so I must use photobucket.com.. anyway pics are coming!!!!

Karen
05-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Welcome back! We hope to see lots of pictures! Any wildlife sightings there of the non-human kind? Sounds like you had a nice time anyway.

How'd Iceland fare with you away? We saw a special on hydrogen fuel which showed Iceland a lot, and said they're working on becoming a "hydrogen economy" someday, and we thought of you!

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Hi, welcome back - we missed you!!

Looking forward to seeing the photos!

EssTer
05-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Thanx Karen :) and I'm happy about, that you thought of me LOL :) pics are coming.. it just takes lots of time to upload them in the net.. :D

popcornbird
05-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Welcome back Esster!!! I'm so glad to hear you had a great time! Can't wait to see the pics!!!

EssTer
05-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Ooh, noo, photobucket does NOT make photos smaller, so they are too big, to post them in PT.. Just go to my album - http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/EssTer/Faroe%20Islands/ but I think you need to start watching from 3th page, there is beginning...)waterfall is at beginning), I will just escribe here photos, OK? :D

First two pics are of waterfall called Seljalandafoss.Before we got to farry to Faroes we needed to drive really long way, so we stoped at some ´nature perles´!After waterfall there are photos of Jökuláslón (sp?).. it´s lake, where the icebergs from glacier and then goes top Ocean...it is real great place!we saw seals there too :D next 8 photos are from place where we slept , it was school, in place called Stöðvafirði...Next 3 photos are in farry :D Then next 2 photos are in party at5 Soley, one of those faroese girls :D She´s first from the right, I´m first from the left...next 6 pics are from place, I forgot the name of it.. There were sheeps, that werent i paddocks, they just were going where they wanted, and they liked our carrots and cucumbers :D In next photo you can see tipical old Faroese house, with grass on it´s roof :) Next one, just nature pic ... Then in next one pðic you can see tipicat ´pet´in Faroes...People keeps geese in their yards...Next 2 photos - church in plæace called Klaksvík. Then you can see our (My name Kata´s) room in that house where we lived in Faroes). Then not really good photo of me in bowling hall. Then you can see REALLLLLLY cute and friendly BC that was living in places called Kirkjubour )oldest town in Faroes). next two photos are of old houses in Kirkjubour and then Kirkjubour´s churck.. and then again photo of that cutie BC. Then our buss :D And then comes photos of cliffs, they are in ocean, so we needed to take boat to see them, we went (of course with boat) in those cliff caves too! That was most interesting in all that trip! Then there are photos of my friend Sara in farry, and then photos of farry.Next photo after that is of Seyðisfjörður, place where farry makes stop in Iceland.Then photo of waterfall called Goðafoss in Iceland, and then photo of our room of our last night in trip, it is special place, where children sleeps when they6 are travelling!!!

I´m really sorry that I couldint put those photos and I needed to write text here :( But I hope you´ll enjoy photos...

bluekat
05-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Welcome back!:D We've missed you! Glad to hear that you had a fun time. It looks very beautiful there:)

neko1
05-28-2004, 05:42 PM
Great pictures! Glad to hear that you had a great time! And welcome back:)

Corinna
05-28-2004, 06:42 PM
Hey girl glad your back . I had a couple from Iceland in my shop this week , we got to talking about Iceland and the different areas . Where do you live? She said you should put up a map , I think it would be great. We thought maybe from remembering your photos that you are in the north east . Is that right I can't remember where she said she was from.
They were a very nice couple,very much enjoyed telling me about their home country.

dukedogsmom
05-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Welcome back, miss girlie! We'll of course need to see lots of your pics. That is, when you have time. Glad you had fun.

EssTer
05-29-2004, 08:04 AM
Thanx again for nice words :)
I live in town called Keflavik, it's about 45km far from capital of Iceland - Reykjavik!

lynnestankard
05-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Welcome Back Home Esster - you've been missed.

Glad the trip went well and your photo's were so good.

How did you manage talking the the Faroese - did they speak Icelandic or do you speak Dutch? Or was English the common language?

Nice to have you back.

Lynne

EssTer
05-29-2004, 02:26 PM
We talked to Faroese people english.. Icelandic is bit a like to Faroese language! Their language is Faroese! But they speak very well danish because they are 'under' Denmark!

Barbara
05-29-2004, 02:29 PM
Welcome back EssTer:)

I'd love to see that landscape. The Border Collie and the lamb were so cute. And it looks as if you had a lot of fun.:D I am sure Buddy is happy to have you back.

:)

Randi
05-29-2004, 03:29 PM
Esster, I'm glad you had a wonderful trip - I can see you had fun. :D It reminds me of the days in "højskole".

Yes, as you say, Færøerne is a part of Denmark - and our Queen always remember you in her New Years speech! ;)

Wonderful pictures!! :)

lynnestankard
05-29-2004, 04:34 PM
Thanks Esster - just one of those things I was wondering about!

Lynne

EssTer
05-29-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Randi

Yes, as you say, Færøerne is a part of Denmark - and our Queen always remember you in her New Years speech! ;)

I didnt understand that.. LOL..who - you???!??? :D