PDA

View Full Version : It took me 1 year!

Aspen and Misty
05-28-2004, 10:53 AM
Ok, Breeze doesn't know how to ask to go to the bathroom. So, if Nova wasn't around Breeze would just go in the house. I have tried EVERYTHING to get her to ask. Makeing her scratch at the door, makeing her bark etc. etc. I eventually just gave up. But yesterday I walked into Radio shack and Behold, my answered prayers, right there!

A PET DOOR BELL!! I was so exited! You are supposed to leave the Door Bell part outside and the receiver inside, but both of my pieces are inside. So, what would happen is your dog would step on the paw if s/he wanted to come inside and a tone would sound. But what we are going to do is leave the door bell inside and have her ask to go outside. I brought it home and tried and tried to teach it to her and she couldn't catch onto it! I was so bummed! But then I did it backwards. I placed the paw outside and called Breeze so that she would want to come in I placed it so when Breeze jumped up on the door (her way of asking to come in) she would land on it. Eventually she started to land on it and it would sound and I opened the door and let her in. I would praise her alot and then put her back out. She jumped and landed on it for like 3 times. Then she started to attack it, she would pick it up in her mouth and it would go off and I let her in. Then I placed the door bell inside and I went outside and called her. So when I did she started to step on it and it went off and I let her out!!! I was so exited! She did it 5 times with me calling her! Then I put Nova outside and GUESS WHAT Breeze Steped on the door bell to ask to go outside!! And now! She is like stepping on it and going outside, then asking to come in like 10 mins later, then stepping on it and going out. It's like she is like OMG I can go outside when ever I want to!! LOL. I'm so happy and Breeze is so happy!!

Here is the Doggy Door Bell You can either have it Bark or you can have it do a door bell sound.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=63-1197

:D Ash :D

Blanquito de la habana
05-28-2004, 01:40 PM
She(and you) most be very happy now when she can go out when she want.

Have you got 2 of the door bels or do you move it you when you let her out?

Aspen and Misty
05-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Sorry if I confused you. There is only one Door Bell. You are supposed to place the Door Bell outside. See some dog's would say "Woof Woof" to go outside or scratch or whatever then once outside wouldn't ask to come in, so people use the door bell so there dog can tell them when they are ready to come inside.

BUT, I have to opisit problem. Breeze lets me know when she wants to come in but won't let me know when she wants to go out. So, instead of asking to go out she goes in the kitchen (she is over a year old!) so what I'm doing is leaving the door bell inside so that Breeze can ask to go out.

Hope that helped you understand more..

Ash