PDA

View Full Version : Luna has taken a turn for the worse :(

Kirsten
05-28-2004, 07:14 AM
I was really optimistic about her bladder infection, things seemed to have been back to normal and tomorrow would have been her last day on antibiotics.

But now suddenly this morning the entire thing started again! She went to her box every couple of minutes and only peed a few drops. :( Luckily the vet's office was still opened, so I rushed her there. She got an anti-inflammatory shot and more antibiotics, and the vet told me I can call her during the holidays when there's no improvement.

Next week, Luna's urine will be sent to a lab to find out which kind of bacteria she has. She might also need an x-ray shot to make sure she has no bladder stone or a tumor.

I'm scared to death, and I'm also worried how to pay all that. In the past, I was always able to pay the vet bills, and I never hesitated when medical help was needed, but now with the herniated disc, I'm not sure whether I can work in my parents' restaurant again, which means no extra money, and my savings are fading quickly. I'm so sorry to vent here, but Luna's illness couldn't have occur at a worse point! My vet has been nice and told me I don't have to pay it all at once, but I'm not comforatable with the thought to owe her money.

And I'm so terribly worried about my Luna girl! What if it is a tumor? :( :( I just don't understand why this was coming back when she's on antibiotics already and when her state was already improving after her first shots on Tuesday?

BTW, since there are no cranberry pills available here, I bought cranberry juice (without sugar) today and gave it to her in a syringe, but oh, she hated it so much! She cried, growled and drooled, that's how much she detested it! My poor little Luna-girl! She's so sick, and not only that meowmie is giving her nasty pills twice a day, now she also did that horrible thing to her! :( But the most important thing is that she's getting better, and hopefully it's no tumor! I'm so scared! :(

Kirsten

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-28-2004, 07:33 AM
{{HUGS}}

Poor Luna kitty!! You guys will be in my prayers. Hang in there .. .and keep us updated.

Randi
05-28-2004, 07:35 AM
Oh Kirsten! :( I suppose the vet has found an infection? To me, it sounds as if she may be a little blocked from crystals. When Fister first had problems, he also got antibiotics - they helped for a while, but later the problems got worse, even though we kept him strictly on his Hills diet. :( However, a female cat won't get as blocked up as a male, so ..... lets hope these new antibiotics works!!

I'm sorry about your financial situation, but at least you can wait with the payment. :) Take care of yourself and don't work if you feel any pain!!

{{{hugs}}}

sasvermont
05-28-2004, 07:49 AM
cranberry treats that I give my cats ---> (http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=74&pf_id=3400)

My cats love them. I don't know if they really help.

So sorry to hear about all of your troubles! Yikes. Life can be so very difficult at times.

SAS:rolleyes:

Logan
05-28-2004, 08:08 AM
Bless her heart, and yours, Kirsten. You have just had too much to deal with lately. I hope both of your girls can get straightened out and feel better. I know that will make you feel better too.

I have you all in my prayers.

Logan

CatMama78
05-28-2004, 08:53 AM
I am so, so sorry to hear that Luna isn't improving yet and I'm very sorry to hear about your financial worries, and your concerns about not being able to work in your parents' restaurant because of your back. I know this is a very hard time for you right now. :( :( I am praying very hard for you and your Luna. I wish there was something I could do or say to make the situation easier for you or to lessen your burden. Hopefully Luna will start to improve quickly, fingers and eight paws crossed that only the most positive of outcomes will result for both you and Luna.

Kirsten
05-28-2004, 08:56 AM
Thanks!

@Randi: Well, her urine was tested the week before last week, and the vet has found some blood cells and bacteria (but the test did not say what kind of bacteria it was, but I figure e.coli). There were no crystals in her urine, that's why the vet thinks it actually cannot be a kidney or a bladder stone, and no blockage (besides, she also has said this is very rare in female cats).

sasvermont, those treats are looking interesting, but I don't think we can get them here. Besides, I'm pretty sure Luna won't eat them. She's not very much into things like treats.

I'm so mad at myself and cannot forgive me that I have this stupid herniated disc now!!! Why does this have to happen now in this difficult situation!? Otherwise I wouldn't have to worry about the vet bills now!!! I really hate to be unable to care for my girls (and myself) properly!!! :mad:

Kirsten

rosethecopycat
05-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Keeping Luna in our thoughts.

Cataholic
05-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Kirsten,
No sense in beating yourself up over this. You can't help your back problems, and Luna can't help her bladder problems. I am not trying to make light of the situation, but, sometimes, all you can do is just sit back and let things unfold. Hopefully Luna's bladder problems will resolve with another/different set of antibs. Your back WILL resolve itself, at some point, in some fashion. Stress will only make things worse for the three of you. I imagine your doctor knows you are a trustworthy soul, or she wouldn't have extended the offer for credit. Now, take some of that cranberry juice, and add a little vodka, and relax.
Hugs,
Johanna

slick
05-28-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Now, take some of that cranberry juice, and add a little vodka, and relax.
Hugs,
Johanna

J: I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm so sorry you're going through such a rough time and I wish there was something I could do to help. I understand what a worry it must be for you. Things can only go UP from here.

I'm saying some extra prayers for you and your furbabies.

kimlovescats
05-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Oh no, Kirsten ... I am so sorry to hear of this. Don't feel bad at all about having to make payments to your vet, "they" can handle it!!! :rolleyes: I know you feel like the world is closing in on you right now but faith, prayers, and time will bring you through this too!!! You post and vent any time you need to, we are all here for you!!!

Please kiss poor Luna girl for me, and let us know asap what you find out!!!!

(((HUGS)))

Felicia's Mom
05-28-2004, 08:17 PM
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

RockysMommy
05-28-2004, 09:58 PM
There is a lot of information on the internet about feline urinary tract disease. You should read everything you can on the subject so you will know if your vet is proceding in the right direction. Here are some links to get you started:

MarvistaVet.com (http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_feline_lower_urinary_tract_dis.html)

SnikSnak.com (http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/fusfaqs.html)

Feline Advisory Bureau (http://www.fabcats.org/flutd.html)

koxka
05-28-2004, 10:58 PM
Dear Kirsten, I'm sorry all the troubles you and Luna are going through.

PM me when you have the lab results. I'm possitive that I can get free medication for Luna , is not that much but hope it helps.

smokey the elder
05-29-2004, 07:10 AM
Smokey the Elder had a bad UTI. The vet gave her Clavamox, then Baytril. Neither worked. We persisted; it took SIX WEEKS of Tribrissen (very strong antibiotic) to knock it out. She had a resistant strain of bacteria. You might wish to ask your vet about prescribing a different type of antibiotic. Cats should start to respond within 48-72 hours with improvement. If they don't the bacteria are resistant.

Good luck! Hopefully your vet will let you work out the payments.

Luna, be good and take your pills.

Kirsten
05-29-2004, 08:26 AM
Thanks for your advice everyone!

Right now I'm just confused and depressed because I know that Luna is that ill and now I have to leave her alone for so long and go to hospital.

I know that no one else will be able to give her her meds, and nobody can monitor her bladder function as good as I can. It's the worst timing for Luna's disease, she can't be without me at the moment!!! :( :( :(

Kirsten

NKBurlington
05-29-2004, 01:14 PM
It's not your fault! You can't blame yourself.

My thoughts are with you and Luna. You must love her very much.

Good luck to both of you :)