PDA

View Full Version : What Peeves you at work?

DJFyrewolf36
05-27-2004, 05:06 PM
What thing at work makes you either want to A: Start randomly slapping people or B: (In my case) go home and contemplate investigating that stuffing envalopes job junk email.

Just curious!

Mine (right now) is bosses that CANNOT seem to grasp the concept of "Imposible" Ugh. Im working on a database, and the bosses want the dang thing to do EVERYTHING *some smart comments came to mind but I do value my job somewhat* They are vegue about what they want then whine when I'm not specific enough. I make things up and they whine about that, I do what they say and they say that isn't what they meant to say. Oh heck, Im just ranting about bosses in general now...grrr

:) oh well....

slick
05-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Don't get me started!!!!!

There's not enough room here.......

DJFyrewolf36
05-27-2004, 05:32 PM
LOL I was tempted to say that myself slick :)

Eh, without a job my fur/scaley kids wouldn't eat, then THEY would be peeved lol so while things DO peeve me, I still am glad I have the job I do.

guster girl
05-27-2004, 08:53 PM
There are several people within the building (my internal customers) that are so cruddy on the phone, it's unbelievable. There's one lady that sounds so freaking condescending, she makes me want to punch her in the nose. She says "mm-hm" and "uh-huh" in the middle of every sentence you say to her. It's all good to say those little phrases to let the person know you're listening to them. But, those little phrases also usually bring about a slight pause in the conversation. But, she literally says them about forty times in a three minute conversation. I've gotten to the point now where I pause EVERY time. It's like a game now. :)

And, here's a little background. We get inside and outside calls. The inside calls drop in with a little beep and it has the agent's name on the caller id box. When an outside person calls, there's a beep, a whisper, and, the phone number shows up. There's a certain way to answer the outside calls, but, inside calls are very informal. Well, there's one or two people that answer inside calls as strictly and professionally as outside ones. Which, in itself, isn't that big of a deal. But, there's this guy (and, remember, we're all in the same building....at one point, I was about five feet away from him) that when he calls you, he'll say "Hi, Kari, this is **Frank** from the *company name* response center here in Dallas, Texas." I'm like, dude. I'm right next to you, I know where you are. Ugh. He's weird, though. :)

those are two I can think of right now. OH! Wait. There's one lady that when she calls me, she says..."Hi Kari, Sue." But she says it with no break, like Kari Sue is my full name. It bugs me.

Cookiebaker
05-27-2004, 10:10 PM
My biggest pet peeve EVER, is when I am expecting a call back. My co-worker always answers the phone (that's her job description), but she won't give me the calls that are for me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: She either tells the person what I wanted or takes a message for me. Hello? I needed to talk to that person myself. I get so revved up about it! :o :mad:

guster girl
05-27-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
My biggest pet peeve EVER, is when I am expecting a call back. My co-worker always answers the phone (that's her job description), but she won't give me the calls that are for me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: She either tells the person what I wanted or takes a message for me. Hello? I needed to talk to that person myself. I get so revved up about it! :o :mad:

Gee, that WOULD be irritating. Another thing I hate is when people "cold transfer" someone. Like, instead of saying, hey, kari, i have this guy on the line, etc.....and, then, giving me the chance to say "alright, transfer him over." They'll just tell the person on the line to hold on while they transfer, dial our extension and drop the call on us. And, the bad part is, if you don't catch that they did it, you answer the phone incorrectly (and, usually not professionally) because it doesn't do the beep and whisper like when we get outside calls. It's really irritating. I ALMOST caught someone the other day. ERRR.....

catlover4ever
05-28-2004, 05:24 AM
Oh where to start. Just kidding. I am a secretary in our local hospital. A rather large hospital for where we are located. I work with 4 other women (and I use that term loosely:rolleyes: ). Some of the things that bother me the most is when I'm put in the middle of things, for example one nurse say so and so is supposed to do it so please go and tell her to do it....I go and give that nurse the message to do something per the other nurse and I get this massive attitude.:mad: :mad: I now just say "Don't shoot the messenger"

Two of the nurses (40 something years old) don't get along with each other and instead of having teamwork in the office all I hear all day long is what the other did not do, what the other was supposed to do and didn't. I mean come on this is not Romper Room with toddlers but instead most of the time that is exactly what it feels like.

And last...one of the nurses is notorious for not getting her work done on time, so I was on vacation for a week the first week of May and when I got back I got called into my bosses office and was told that I needed to pull my weight in the office and I now need to attend meetings to take minutes because it does not seem that this nurse is able to get what she needs to be done in a timely manner. See this nurse is smart, because she can not get what she is supposed to get done....I will now be responsible and if I finish what I am supposed to do and give it to her to "proof" and she does not get it back to me in time....well, I will now be the one to take the fall.

OK enough ranting and raving, I'm done.

Don't get me wrong, while these things bother me....I do LOVE my job. It is very rewarding to be able to have someone from another department compliment me on my work. Networking with other departments and people in this hospital will take me far and I do look forward to that. --- Meg

Pam
05-28-2004, 06:35 AM
I work in a small ophthalmology office (one doctor and 6 girls including me). I enjoy all of my co-workers but my one complaint is occasionally the patients. So many people just do not know what their insurances require. When you tell them they needed to bring a referral it can get nasty at times. Sometimes they take the day off and come in and we have to turn them away because of no referral. :rolleyes: We explain that it is YOUR insurance and up to you to understand what they require. We do try to confirm appointments a day or two before and leave messages on their machines like "if your insurance requires a referral, make sure you bring it with you." We have even had people not show up because we didn't "remind" them. Of course if the person is not home and has no answering machine what are we to do. Personally I don't think it should be our problem. I think that by the time people reach adulthood they should be able to be responsible for themselves. :rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
05-28-2004, 06:43 AM
1. Brown nosing and sucking up
2. Not carrying your amount of work
3. Getting treated like you don't have any knowledge of your job(this done by supervisors outside of your area who don't have a clue as to how things are done in our department)
I think I'd better stop but you get the idea.

2kitties
05-28-2004, 08:40 AM
hovering.
I'm a graphic designer and sometimes the ae's will hover behind me as I make changes/corrections to files. Just give me the notes, let me make the changes and I'll give them to you. I don't need you right behind my shoulder. It rattles me when i'm doing tedious work.

CatMama78
05-28-2004, 09:24 AM
I'll be honest - I hate my job! So everything annoys me. The people here are pretty odd, and most of them make me mad cause it's like they don't really do anything (said the girl who was posting on pet talk when she should be working :D ). They get to come and go as they please with no explanation and take off when they want, but I on the other hand am always here and measure my vacation time down to a tee. The biggest problem is there is just no personal reward for me in what I do. There's a lot of financial reward, which is why I hang on, but as the cliche goes, money isn't everything - don't get me wrong I'm not rich by a long shot, I just am making a lot more here than I would be in another place given my experience and level of education. I work in a financial environment and I could give a rats, you know what about the world of investment and finance:).

But I've seen the job market and at least I have a job! You gotta work, gotta eat and more importantly Ori and Wilber gotta eat and they need lots of toys and treats, lol! If I had it it my way, I would just volunteer at a rescue place full time. Or get paid 6 bucks an hour to do retail at Petsmart or vet receptionist or something.

cali
05-28-2004, 09:54 AM
ohh well I dont have a job, but in film class we are doing a promotional video for our school, now I am supposed to be camera, now the rest of the group just kinda took over our jobs and would not let me and my friends do our jobs, so me and my friends were sitting on the bench relaxing while the others insisted on doing our work, then one person we were interviewing asked why the people who were supposed to be doing these jobs wernt doing them, there responce "they refused to, they would rather sit on the bench and not do anything" :eek: I mean like "exuse me? YOUR the one who wont let us do our job!" :mad:

catlover4ever
05-28-2004, 10:45 AM
2kitties....Hovering peeves me too. It happens to me all the time. Someone wants to give me changes to minutes or agendas and then they stand right behind me.....like I don't know what I'm doing, OR better yet the phone will ring and it will be a personal call (we all get them....just I give them privacy) and they continue to stand right over me.....so one time I said to one of the nurses.."I'm sorry can I help you with anything else?" She got so mad...and when I was done she confronted me....I told her that when she has a personal call I give her privacy and will wait until she is done with her call before I disturb her......she has never done it to me again.

RICHARD
05-28-2004, 04:27 PM
Jerks who turn a statement/comment into a 'show stopper'

Example:

I walked into the office next door and saw the two regular people and the system administrator in there having a chat....

I told them that I had stopped in to see if they were "still alive".

The system administrator turns to me and says, "No, they are dead now......."

I turned for the door and said to him, "Well, they haven't started to smell yet, so I think there is still hope for them...."

I felt bad for saying that, but I thought that the
"dead" comment was far worse.

neko1
05-28-2004, 05:49 PM
The only thing that occasionally bothers me is when I'm done answering the phone and immediately the dr. wants to know who it was and what they wanted...If it's a call for him, I'll let him know, otherwise I can handle answering the phone and such.

Otherwise than that, my job is awesome, I run the office and the dr. couldn't live without me...heehee. I recently hired myself an assistant and things are great for me.

Cataholic
05-28-2004, 08:21 PM
Hmm..I pretty much like my job and the people I work with (who knows what they say!). Peeves are things like sitting at my desk and noticing my VM light coming on. I call the front desk and say, "uh, I am here.." and they say, "oh, I didn't know that". Now, you can just buzz my office to check. People (mostly the bosses) talking to me while I am on the phone. I stop the conversation on the phone, "I am sorry, my boss doesn't realize I am talking to a client, let me see if I can help them" he he he. (only with certain clients can I say this).

Having my one boss give me something and say, "here, this is a letter from so and so..." Okay, why are you giving it to me? Give it to your secretary for filing...or file it yourself. What else, what else..oh, the ice box atmosphere...he he he..I need to wear a parka!

Nothing serious, obviously, but, some complaints.

DJFyrewolf36
05-28-2004, 09:13 PM
I wasn't expecting such a response lol. Sometimes, I get the hover treatment and what really irritates me is when the boss does the hover dance and INSISTS on asking every five seconds if the database can perform XYZ function. I'm a database admin and work with people who frankly don't know anything about how databases work. It isnt as bad now that I am reporting to someone else but ugh, try telling the boss that something won't work and then having them ask you the same question using different words.

No, that wont work either....

heinz57_79
05-28-2004, 09:53 PM
Ugh... don't even get me started! :( My job "peeved" me so bad I ended up quitting! It was a "boys' club" and there was no way for me to advance. There's only a small handful of female managers in the entire company, and I was screwed out of my management training. I always got the "girly jobs", no one thought I was capable of anything else. I was the only chick in my department and constantly got the customers who think I know NOTHING because of my gender. They'll ask me a question about something, then turn around and ask my MALE co-worker the exact same question and got the exact same answer.

My managers yanked my chain for a year before I told them to go jump in a lake. :mad:

mahayana
05-29-2004, 06:40 AM
How about this one- My paycheck from last week bounced! I got it back in the mail, with a note saying "insufficient funds", "your checking account has been charged the amount" and I had to take it to my boss' bank to get paid. Wonder if it will happen again with yesterdays paycheck.:confused: :mad:

smokey the elder
05-29-2004, 08:06 AM
Wow! I'm pretty lucky with my job, but my one complaint is that my boss is trying to show me stuff on the mass spec, and he goes too fast, and acts patronizing and stuff when he says "I showed you this 10 times." Finally I said, "You've done this for 20 years; I've been doing this for 4 months. I'd like to see how well you would do at my old job." This involved some hairy polymer work, and he knows it. But we made up. He's Chinese, has a heavy accent, and mumbles, so it's hard to understand when he's trying to explain something.

CountryWolf07
05-29-2004, 06:36 PM
1 - People not cleaning up after their mess if they spilled pop/soda at the counter/tables.

2 - Leaving everything on the tables - - slobs, if you ask me!

Pretty much people who don't clean up after themselves, at least most of their messes..

ramanth
06-01-2004, 10:57 AM
I have one co-worker in particular who is...well... nosy.

We work in what I fondly call 'officubicals'. I have 4 walls and a door, but the walls only go up 8 feet and do not touch the ceiling. So pretty much I can lock someone out from looking in on me, but they can still overhear conversations (be it phone or otherwise)

This lady always feels like putting her two cents in. Bleah!
:mad: :rolleyes:

ramanth
06-01-2004, 11:19 AM
Ohh oh! I had a 'hoverer' too. She'd give me changes for the website and stand behind me waiting for me to do it right that second.

She now works at a different building....far from me. LOL!

FizzGiggs_Mommy
06-01-2004, 02:20 PM
I hate it when no one returns your calls when you page them over the loud speaker!

RICHARD
06-02-2004, 02:33 PM
Anyone who says,

"Because no one knows the system better than I do!"

More than twice in a conversation or day.:rolleyes:

catnapper
06-03-2004, 07:38 AM
LOL! Just found this thread!

I am currently starting my own business because I've HAD it with crummy bosses and coworkers.

Short to the point problems at my old company:
*A coworker that was so inept at his job that he would ask the "girls" in the office to do everything and called them "sunshine" while he asked. They all swooned and did it. This same guy lost weight on the Atkins diet, and for some reason thought I'd be interested in seeing his new physique... we were in the car returning from a client visit and he tooks his shirt off! :eek: All I remember is seeing bare skin and being repulsed! Nobody in the office did anything to repremand him over the incident. when he e-mailed another woman in the office sexually explicit photos, all he had to do was appologise. both she and I were the only ones to bring sexual harassment claims against him and within a month, we were both layed off due to "slow business" yeah right.
* A boss that made fun of my wardorbe - which I always responded "You're free to take me shopping and pay for new clothes" and made fun of my hair, and my weight
* A coworker that cursed "F this and F that" every day at least a dozen times at top volume over his side of the cubical. He had the worst attitdue of anyone I've ever met, yet was making more than double my salary doing the SAME JOB!

I now work for myself because my last job experience was so bad that I never ever want to work for anybod else. Luckily I can do this because of what I do... many of you aren't so lucky.

Right now my biggest work complaint is hubby and the kids think that since I'm home all the time that I can do ANYTHING for them. Like this morning I had to drop everything to drive my daughter to school. I drove around for over 3 hours yesterday doing a project for my husband. Luckily, I CAN make the work up at night (which is my most productive time period anyway) Oh, and the kids don't know how to properly answer the phone, despite being teenagers and having learned a long time ago the right way. I'll have a client call and they are answering the phones like rude animals. My son hung up on a client once because he thought it was a crank call! :eek:

DJFyrewolf36
06-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Even working at home can have it's challenges!

My hubby does computer repair work. Most of the time things go smoothly but some clients can be really really annoying and just as demanding as any boss! The problem is, with most bosses they aren't paying you directly, a client is. Bosses can't usually stiff you for your paycheck, but some clients will!
Sometimes, client checks bounce too.
D'oh

nibblets
06-05-2004, 10:44 AM
I hate office gossip and rumor mills. I purposely try to remove myself from these conversations...but some people have this need to fill me in whether I want to hear it or not, and then if I stop them and let them know I am not interested, then I am being bitchy because I don't find it to be my place to keep tabs on everyone elses business. They also don't like it because I don't supply information on my personal life as fodder for their gossip. (unless they want to hear how awesome my cat is! ;) )
Last week I got called away from work for a short time as my son had broken his eyeglasses in gym class and needed to run up to Lenscrafters to get them fixed. In the couple of hours that I was away the gossipers spread the word. When I got back everyone and their brother wanted to know 'How is Rich? Is he hurt? Did the lenses shatter? He didn't get glass in his eye did he? Are they going to do anything to the kid to hit him? huh? huh? huh?
If it had been serious folks, I would not have come back to work. Get a life!

It drives me nuts to work with someone who goes into great detail in everything they say. You ask them what time it is and they tell you how to build a clock.

It is not neccesary to put speakerphone volume on high and shout at the phone to have a conversation.

Don't invade my space. I don't like it when people (actually it is only one person that does it) get in my face to talk. I can hear two feet away just as well as when they are 6 inches away.
Congregating in my cubicle or hovering is not neccesary either.
The other morning there were four people standing in the opening to my cube talking. My phone rang, I had one finger stuck in my ear so I could hear the call because they were all talking over the top of each other and not using their soft voices.
After my call ended I commented on the situation and I was looked at like I had just kicked their dogs. How dare I be so rude to them! :rolleyes:

One guy in my group is just annoying. EVERYTHING this guy does grates on our nerves in the office. He won't listen, he talks over the top of everyone, is not funny although he believes he is hilarious, he hovers- usually while eating- which brings me to people who eat like they are feeding at a trough.

I'm sure I could go on...but I spare you all my rants

aki
06-05-2004, 11:24 AM
I might be a little obsessive compulsive, but I have a real problem with others in my office using my things, talking on my phone, rooting around in my file cabinets and not puting things back where they find them.

We have one individual who wouldl reach across my desk (and me) to answer MY PHONE! He also watches the faxes as they come in. So annoying. Well, he pretty much steers clear of me now since I threw a stapler at him. He was reading a private e-mail of mine over my shoulder and I lost it. I think he's scared of me now.

I kinda feel like I worked my butt off for this position and my own office. I don't want some garlic breath salesman germing up my phone. :D

Kfamr
06-05-2004, 12:34 PM
since I don't have a job, school is pretty much my "work"... although i'm out of school right now, for summer.

Peeves~

-When people continue to TALK and talk when the teacher is asking them to be quiet. The quicker you shut up, the quicker we get our work done with and the nicer the teacher will be about it.

-When people try to suck up to the teacher. It's not going to get you anywhere in life buddy.

-When people talk back to the teacher. Sorry dear, they're not your parents.

-The kids who smoke in the bathrooms.. causing me to be late for my next class because I had to wait forever for them to clear on of the stalls.

-The kids who skip constantly, everyday, every period. Why even bother coming? If I wanted to 'skip' i'd stay home with my parents permission... there's nothing more fun than running from every administrator you see or worrying if you're going to get caught, huh?

-The constant talk about drugs, smoking this and that, have sex with him and her, about what she's wearing, about what he's wearing, about the gay guy over there, the gay girl over there...

-And most of all, the administrators. They almost suspended two males for kissing during lunch. Yet, there's a guy and girl rubbing all over eachother and kissing around almost every corner.

Oh.. and there's allooott more.:eek:

CatMama78
06-06-2004, 09:49 AM
How everyone leaves at 2 o'clock on Friday's, except me! How the financial industry is a boy's club, and how in our office only the women answer the phones, order the supplies, prepare the Xmas party, so sexist and no one even realizes it.

Sirrahsim
06-06-2004, 08:01 PM
hmmm let's see. I have rants from 2 different jobs that I have held. One was while I was working at Walmart:o I HATE it when people come through with their kids going wild. For example, I remember a time when a women came through my line with 2 young kids. They were picking things up and throwing them at her and at other customers. All she did was glance over her shoulder and very softly say, "Hey, stop that". They, of course, continued to throw things and make a mess of the store. If they were my kids we would have left the store minus any candy/toys that were originally going to be for the kids and gone straight to the closest convenient locale for a spanking/talking to... maybe that's just me.... I just want to yell "TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR BRATS!!" but then of course I would get fired...

Now, with my new job, people seem to think that I can accomplish anything. I have a rather demanding job. We handle all of the accounts of all of the different restaurants and such around the base. On top of that I'm also responsible for cashing peoples checks, transfering money to and from yen, opening/closing/transfering/updating club card accounts, and taking club card payments and getting them in to the system. As well as all that we also deal with keeping track of all of the money that leaves our office and goes to the different dining rooms within the club... Long story short: I'm a very busy lady. But then people come up to me for anything and everything. Yesterday I had an irate customer come up to me while I was on my lunch break in the dining room to tell me that the men's room was a disaster area... I guess he missed the *3* Japanese custodial workers with mops and buckets tha he passed to get to me. And then there are the people that want to cash checks for thousands of dollars. If they are members I am allowed to cash those checks if A) I have enough in my drawer, and B) I can find and get a manager's approval. BUT! The customers never want to wait for me to go track down a manager (I guess they missed the multiple signs that say they can't cash a check for more than $500 without manager's approval...) . Plus, if I don't have enough money in my drawer they expect me to just come up with it. Look, person, if I could just conjur up a wad of money I wouldn't be working... I'd be sitting on my butt in Hawaii or soemthing *sigh* ok, I'm done. I really do LOVE my new job:) I love working with foreign currency as well as US dollars and I love how much of the Japanese language I am picking up just from workig with a whole bunch of local nationals.:)

catnapper
06-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Sirrahsim
Yesterday I had an irate customer come up to me while I was on my lunch break in the dining room to tell me that the men's room was a disaster area... I guess he missed the *3* Japanese custodial workers with mops and buckets tha he passed to get to me.

LOL! that reminds me... my Mother in Law was a waitress in a very busy diner. She constantly had people come to her to tell her that the bathrooms were out of paper. One night, this rough and tumble man came up to her and told her about it. She was 5'3, he is 6'3. She stepped up to the man and said, "Do I look like the freaking Tidy Bowl Man?" They started dating and eventually married! :D He liked her spunk. LOL

slick
06-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by nibblets
I hate office gossip and rumor mills. I purposely try to remove myself from these conversations
Actually I hate them too, but I also have an evil side of me. I would never, ever listen to or start a rumour about my co-workers, but I will start rumours about myself just to see what they come back as. You'd be amazed how the story gets twisted. :D I actually find it quite comical. People at work don't know me well at all, except my immediate Supervisor whom I've been working with for 16 yrs.

moosmom
06-07-2004, 10:46 AM
While wearing my Bed, Bath & Beyond shirt AND BB&B nametage, customers come up to me and say, "Excuse me, do you work here???" DUH!!!

CatMama78
06-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
While wearing my Bed, Bath & Beyond shirt AND BB&B nametage, customers come up to me and say, "Excuse me, do you work here???" DUH!!!

I worked there for a summer while in college :). I worked in the bath dept., mainly folding towels and customer service and stuff.

teenster3
06-15-2004, 02:05 AM
I work in retail as a merchandiser in a grocery store. I have just a few pet peeves:
1. Why are people sooooo rude??? No matter what you do, you can't please them & they want something to complain about! (As if this world isn't hard enough as it is)
2. I always get: Do you work here? I always have to repeat myself: " No, I don't work for the store but, what did you need?"
3. Ok.....just a comment. I think I'm extremely underpaid! I have to be a babysitter, counselor, janitor, referee, etc., all wrapped into 1.
One day, my friend & I from work decided: We are going to write a book, on how "dumb" people really can be at the grocery store! :D, ;) :eek:

DJFyrewolf36
06-15-2004, 09:53 AM
How about a book about how dumb people can be in ANY store! I worked in retail for a while myself and ran into a few choice morons...pet stores are the WORST because if you tell them something and they go home and do what you say but do it WRONG you're in trouble :rolleyes:.

Lillycat
06-17-2004, 10:40 AM
the lack of kindness toward each other.....the gossiping

teenster3
06-18-2004, 01:41 AM
Lillycat......
I agree totally!
We had a discussion about that today at work. I was all fired up. I had a woman "push" me & tell me to get out of her way while I was merchandising at the grocery store today.
Then shortly after that, 2 women were looking at cakes while I was kneeling on the floor stocking & pushed my cart away from me. I reached up to grab it, finding it wasn't there, I pulled it back towards me & said: excuse me to the women. They started having a conversation (out loud) to one another about ME being sarcastic & how rude I WAS!......I looked at them (knowing they wanted me to hear) & said: I just said excuse me! They just GLARED at me & told me once again that I was sarcastic!!!
AGH.....:mad: What is it with people these days???
So the topic was.....are Americans getting ruder?

anna_66
06-18-2004, 07:41 AM
When people ask me stupid questions like:
"What are cheese sticks?" Well what do you think they are?!
"How is your broiled flounder prepared?":rolleyes:

I could go on and on.....:p

sirrahbed
06-18-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
When people ask me stupid questions like:
"What are cheese sticks?" Well what do you think they are?!
"How is your broiled flounder prepared?":rolleyes:

I could go on and on.....:p
ROFLOL Hubby and I went out for lunch at Red Lobster yesterday and I had a Seaside Sampler - all broiled stuff - but it appeared to be swimming in butter! *maybe* in was fish juice, I dunno, but it was on the tip of my tongue to ask the server how it was prepared!! I am glad I didn't!!:eek:
Oh and Anna-what ARE cheese sticks? OK, so we don't eat out much!!!:D

RICHARD
06-18-2004, 11:29 AM
I dropped my glasses in the elevator yesterday and one of the lenses popped out and fell down the shaft...

I called around and got someone to find it for me-to get the lens back I had to look for the engineer who found it....I went to the plant operations office and talk to the secretary there.

I hope I run into her one day on my terms...

She knew all about the lens and the guy who found it, yet she acted like I walked up to her with a huge pile of poop in my hand and offered it to her.

I was always taught that your smile, phone manners and the way you deal with people, face to face, represents you and the company.

This jerk had no smile, no personality and no sense of humor at all..

I asked her where I could contact the guy that had the lens..her answer??

"Well, he should have met you at the elevator."

Instead of going thru the story for her I jut asked for his number.

"I'LL CALL HIM FOR YOU"

When she started to go thru her Rolodex to get the
number I just said "thanks" and walked out..

You know,

I have seen cheese sticks with more personality that that broad.

Now I know why they put her in the basement, far away from the public!

DJFyrewolf36
06-18-2004, 11:49 AM
Richard, that was the most AMUSING story I have heard today...:)

I have another peeve :mad:

I'm trying to get hired for a permanent job *I am just a temp now*. I passed the test for entry level and have submitted aplications. I know for a fact that I WON'T be getting a job in the division I am in now because the stupid head boss guy hates my dad and even though Ive been a temp off and on for this division for THREE YEARS and I am qualified *they wouldn't even have to train me except for a couple of refreshers* he still wont hire me because of his "personal" Issues with dad. *Dad has been butting heads with this guy for years because frankly he *the boss* doesn't have a blinkin clue*

This guy is the human version of the Pointy hair boss on dilbert, he even has the same bald spot. No pointy hair though...someone should figure out a way to make his hair point up.

I HATE favortisim although favortisim is going to probibly land me a job in another division lol.

CatMama78
06-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Cheese Sticks are the best invention ever, lol! It's mozarella fried and it's served with marinera or ranch sauce. OMG, I'm so hungry!

anna_66
06-18-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
ROFLOL Hubby and I went out for lunch at Red Lobster yesterday and I had a Seaside Sampler - all broiled stuff - but it appeared to be swimming in butter! *maybe* in was fish juice, I dunno, but it was on the tip of my tongue to ask the server how it was prepared!! I am glad I didn't!!:eek:
Oh and Anna-what ARE cheese sticks? OK, so we don't eat out much!!!:D
Your too funny, thanks for the laugh:D Ok, so maybe some people don't know what cheese sticks are:p
And yes, it since your food was broiled, was *supposed* to be water. It makes it not get so dried out.
You mean you went to RL and didn't order any cheese sticks? You don't know what your missing!
How did you know I worked at RL?

sirrahbed
06-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Your too funny, thanks for the laugh:D Ok, so maybe some people don't know what cheese sticks are:p
And yes, it since your food was broiled, was *supposed* to be water. It makes it not get so dried out.
You mean you went to RL and didn't order any cheese sticks? You don't know what your missing!
How did you know I worked at RL?

You work at Red Lobster?:eek: I didn't know that - just that I could tell you worked at a restaurant - and we just happened to go to a RL. Oh and hubby told me what cheesesticks are!! I HAVE had them before just not at RL. The deepfried thingys- I was thinking like breadsticks or the cheesebiscuits DUH!
OK -I see you are in Piqua - not too far as we are in Dayton, maybe 45 minutes!! - maybe we need to show up and let YOU take care of us - I can ask you "how do you prepare the broiled dishes?" and "what are cheese sticks?" Then you will know who we are!!:D :p Wouldn't that be funny???

PS does your store still serve the sundried tomato dressing? ours stopped:(

anna_66
06-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Your living in Dayton? Wow! I never knew you were so close:D
No, we don't have that dressing any more. I wish I knew why they stopped serving it, so many people get upset about it:(
Stop on by anytime and ask for me (or even better stop by my house sometime and we could have dinner together:))!