PDA

View Full Version : I know you ingenious PT people can help me create something fantastic...

lizzielou742
05-27-2004, 10:46 AM
We've decided to crate Sophie for a while - we're sick of her straying from the litterbox and it's not getting better like we had hoped. So, I need a kitten pen. I do not have $140 to spend one a real one. Could I make one? I would just keep her in the bathroom but the bathroom at my boyfriend's house where Sophie lives is definitely uninhabitable. :p

Could I use some kind of vinyl coated shelving or laminated thick wire? What could I use to hold it all together? Any suggestions on size or ways to make it fun for her? I was thinking about building in a couple of levels if possible that she could jump up on.

Thanks in advance, everyone!! Let's get those creative wheels cranking!

lizzielou742
05-27-2004, 10:52 AM
I'd love something like this but I don't have any money!!

Cataholic
05-27-2004, 12:08 PM
I would like something like that, too!:eek:

Why not just get a large sized dog crate? Though, I think the bathroom is the best place..can't you clean up the dangerous stuff? It doesn't have to be perfect...just comfortably confining.

lizzielou742
05-27-2004, 12:26 PM
I just feel bad shutting her up in there because we can't see her. I feel like if she was in a cage she could see us and then she wouldn't feel so lonely and confined...

catlover4ever
05-27-2004, 01:15 PM
I know you said you wanted to try to make her an area that is maybe two or three stories but I'm not really sure how to do that so the only thing I can think of is to get a babies playpen and to either put some sort of netting over the top of it or if you go to the gardening center at Walmart they sell (rather inexpensive) plastic fencing...the kind that you would use to say keep deer out of the garden.

Does this make any sense???? I don't know how else to describe it. But with a playpen and the netting/plastic fencing this would allow Sophie to be out in the open. You could get her a small condo/tree at Walmart as well and put that in her pen as well.

Sorry this may not be what you are looking for but I figured I would post it anyway.

Let us know what you come up with. --- Meg

lizzielou742
05-27-2004, 01:48 PM
I was looking at different ideas, baby playpens, etc., and I found an interesting article about building one:

http://www.animaltrustees.org/ideacrib.htm (/)

I think this is what we might do. And it would have to have a "roof" to keep our little climber in!!

CatMama78
05-27-2004, 02:14 PM
The plastic wire shelves look like a wonderful idea, with pleanty of room for Sophie to run around in and see out of! I was trying to think of something creative, not too costly and different, but unfortunately I am not very creative....I'm sorry : /

Good Luck with Sophie's temp. crate.