PDA

View Full Version : A new Saintly Angel

Karen
05-27-2004, 07:45 AM
Brunhilde Freya was my mother's pup. Eight and a half years ago she drove to the breeder, picked her out at 8 weeks of age, brought her home and loved her, spoiled her rotten, as all dogs should be. Dad, of course, helped in the spoiling and loving of Bruni. Everywhere Ma went, there was Bruni.

When Ma became ill, Bruni was there to love her still. When Ma's disease, ALS, had progressed too far for Dad to be able to care for her at home, and she went to nursing home, Bruni became the reason Dad still had to get up every day, still had to go about a daily routine. Bruni became Dad's dog. Wherever Dad went, there was Bruni.

I got the call last night. Bruni was stumbling on Sunday, so off to the vets they went on Monday morning, as she wasn't any better. Doc took some tests, "didn't like the look of this." The results came back Wednesdau, stage 3 lymphoma, nothing could be done. Bruni went to her rest yesterday, a much loved dog by not just Dad, but all us kids, the grandkids, the neighbors, Aunt Shirley and family in NY state - everyone she met.

She's with Ma now, a happy reunion, I am sure.

Bruni as Dog of the Day (http://PetoftheDay.com/archive/1998/January/02.html)

Logan
05-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Oh, Karen, I hope your dad is handling this ok. What a sad day for your pet loving family, but what a joyous reunion your mom and Bruni must have had! I know you have a beautiful mental picture of them seeing each other again. :)

Rest in peace, darling Bruni.

ramanth
05-27-2004, 08:26 AM
I'm so sorry for your family's loss Karen. :(

RIP Bruni.

Sudilar
05-27-2004, 08:29 AM
I can imagine the joy in heaven yesterday when your Mom and Bruni were reunited forever!!!!!!!
I am so sorry for your Dad's great loss. Hugs to you all.

gini
05-27-2004, 09:35 AM
A Saint to watch over you.........always right there for your family.

Karen, I hope your Dad will be alright during yet another loss.

This kind of news always makes us so sad.........and it is so difficult to lose our dear companions.

Bruni, I would have loved to have met you........rest while you can because soon all of the Pet Talk loved ones will be stopping by to welcome you at the Rainbow Bridge.

slick
05-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Oh Karen, I'm so sorry for the loss of dear Buni. What a beautiful girl she was/is. May you RIP Buni and please watch over your family for us and keep them safe.

Hugs to you Karen and your Dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Canis Amicus
05-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Eternal peace may be with you, Bruni.

Enjoy the reunion with your beloved mamma, and turn your look of love for the ones that are missing you now.

Rosana
and
Rex

Randi
05-27-2004, 10:03 AM
Karen, I'm so very sorry for the loss of Bruni. :( It must be hard on your dad and your family. I hope your dad can handle it with the help of family and friends.

Rest in Peace dear Bruni, and later, play happily with all your new friends on the RB. :)

Cinder & Smoke
05-27-2004, 11:14 AM
<hellow?>

Oh, HI Bruni!
Ya made it to da Bridge OK, huh?
SURE - we'll patch ya rite thru; hold a minnit! ...

"HI DAD! ~ It's BRUNI here!

http://PetoftheDay.com/archive/1998/January/02.jpg

Sure do *miss :( ya*, Dad!

But Guess Whut!??
MOM's up here!
She met me at da Bridge! Wiff Treats!
Jest like ole Tymes!

Mom sendz Her Luv :) to ya, Dad -
an sez fur you to Take Care of Yurself!

Luv ya, Dad!
Bye fur now - we'll *yap* agin later!"

/s/ Bruni

------------------

Yup! Yur Dad got it Bruni!
Sure! Jest ask our GranMom -
She'll let ya uze God's Hot Line ennie tyme.

FWD: via da Prayer Pups

trayi52
05-27-2004, 11:18 AM
So sorry to hear of Bruni's passing. I hope your dad will be okay. My thoughts and prayers will be with you Karen and your dad.

R.I.P. Sweet Bruni. I know you will have a joyeous reunion with your mom.

Willie

Logan
05-27-2004, 11:20 AM
Thank you for finding that picture, John. I had no idea that Bruni was Dog of the Day!!!! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-27-2004, 12:21 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you Karen and your Dad and all who love Bruni! The rainbow bridge is getting WAY to many of our loved ones lately!

Bruni, you will be missed so much! Please say HI to all my babies at the bridge!

Cincy'sMom
05-27-2004, 04:24 PM
RIP Dear Bruni. You will be missed greatly by your family, but at least you are with you mom again :)

Stenograsaurus
05-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Karen,
My thoughts are with you and your family. Rest in peace, sweet Bruni. :(

Cataholic
05-28-2004, 09:47 AM
Oh, how sad I am to read of Bruni's passing. Sweet Saintly Angel, you are in good stead at the RB. Not only is Karen's mom there to greet you, but, I just know Binx will be next in line to help you out. Say hello to him for me.

Hugs to Karen, her dad and the family.

tatsxxx11
05-28-2004, 10:09 AM
Oh Karen, I'm so, so sorry to hear of Bruni's passing:( What a beautiful pup and what a loving and devoted best friend to both your mom and your dad those many years. I hope your dad's ok, Karen. My thoughts are with him and all whose lives were blessed by this very special doggie. How happy your mom must be to finally be reunited with her loving companion. Big hugs to you friend. Love, Sandra

K9soul
05-28-2004, 12:41 PM
Rest in joyful peace at the bridge Bruni..

Karen, your father will be in my thoughts and prayers. My deepest sympathies to you and your family for the loss of dear Bruni.

lizbud
05-28-2004, 01:02 PM
AW, I am so sorry for the loss of sweet Bruni. She was a
beautiful girl & a wonderful companion. Rest in peace dearest
Brunhilde.

Rachel
05-28-2004, 05:11 PM
Of course this makes me choke up with sadness. Bruni obviously had a heart that dispensed much love during his lifetime and cared so valiantly for his guardians. I'm so sorry for your dad, Karen, and the rest of the family who will miss Bruni.

Bruni was indeed the epitome of a DOG OF THE DAY.

KYS
05-28-2004, 08:43 PM
I am very sorry to hear about Bruni.

Rest in Peace Bruni.

HUGS karen

stacwase
05-29-2004, 10:12 AM
It's so sad to hear that Bruni died, but at the same time it's very nice to hear of another dog who lived from puppyhood until old age with people who wrapped her in love and happiness.

cloverfdx
05-30-2004, 03:00 AM
Oh Karen i am so sorry to hear of the loss of dear Bruni. :(

You and all of your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Playhard at the bridge Bruni.