PDA

View Full Version : tell me you're proud of me!

Sirrahsim
05-26-2004, 11:18 PM
I have always had a difficult time taking pills. I don't know why, I just always gag, no matter how well I hide it in food and no matter how much I drink to try and wash it down! But just a few minutes ago I was able to swallow an entire 800mg Ibuprofen tablet without choking! I was eating my lunch of instant mashed potatoes and on a whim just started swallowing the whole mouthful.. when that worked I saw that it was time for my next dose so I hid the tablet in my spoonful of mashed potatoes and it went down without a problem!
This probably sounds dumb, but it's a BIG thing for me and I'm darn proud of myself:)
I've been smashing the tablets up and mixing them with a container of pudding, but that was sooooo gross. i'm glad I have found a possible alternative to crumbling the pills.

MariaM
05-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Hey...CONGRATS!!!! I have the EXACT same problem! I can't swallow pills! I have never, ever swallowed a pill, EVER. I always have to smash it and put it in pudding, which is gross, but the only way it goes down. Even those TINY advil ones, ON TOAST, I can't! So big congrats!!

jazzcat
05-26-2004, 11:22 PM
You're such a good girl!! Gold stars for you for taking your medicine whole!;)

Corinna
05-26-2004, 11:28 PM
My 46 year old hubby has the same problem. so I understand your joy. CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!

AmberLee
05-26-2004, 11:35 PM
Big congrats!

I used to have the same problem, but eventually got the knack. (Aspirin in applesauce is especially gross, as I recall.)

binka_nugget
05-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Congrats! I still have that problem. I tried taking a tylanol today and instead of swollowing the pill, I ended up spitting out the water on my friends. :p

jenfer
05-27-2004, 12:09 AM
I am worst in swallowing non-coated pills... yuck... esp the taste of it when it's half melted in your mouth. :eek:

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-27-2004, 12:24 AM
Well done!! (Now your Mom won't have to wrap you in a towel and use the "pill popper" amy more;) )

Hope you are feeling better today!

kimlovescats
05-27-2004, 12:58 AM
This is so weird that you would post this! TODAY my daughter and I were talking about this same subject. I was telling her what I hard time I used to have with taking pills ... how scared I was, etc. I told her how I used to have to look in a mirror to be sure I placed it in the perfect spot .... center back of tongue!!! She thought I was so weird for this! hahaha....

Well, want to know WHY this topic came about today? Because I had just swallowed not one but TWO caplets at the same time with only a small swig of drink!!! :eek: Been doing that for years now! My oldest daughter used to have the same problem and her dad would tell her to drink lots of water. Well, she learned (from me) that the key isn't too much liquid, it's just a normal amount. Just put in on your tongue and drink as you always would ... it will go down just like as if you had eaten a bite of pizza then taken a drink!!!

Congratulations!!!! It will get even easier for you now, and you are NOT stupid!!! :D

Fallon
05-27-2004, 02:50 AM
Congratulations lol. I'm glad you've figured out a new amd working way to take the pills. I never really liked swallowing pills either but I guess I just got over it and I don't really have problems anymore.

catnapper
05-27-2004, 06:22 AM
Hurrah! I know quite a few people with the same problem. One person is so bad that she asks for liquid form for everything! Then I have a friend on the other end of the spectrum who refuses to take a drink with the pills because it "takes too much time to swallow the pill and the drink" Whatever that means :rolleyes: :D She will swallow one of those huge pills without anything - I get all grossed out thinking about how she does it!

sirrahbed
05-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
Well done!! (Now your Mom won't have to wrap you in a towel and use the "pill popper" amy more;) )

FUNNY!!!

YEAHHHHH!!!!! MISSY!!! I am SO PROUD of you!

gini
05-27-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy

Hope you are feeling better today!

That is so funny!:D

What is it that Mary Poppins says? "a teaspoon of sugar makes the medicine go down"...........

Randi
05-27-2004, 10:28 AM
Good going girl! :D I don't like swallowing big pills, but the smaller ones I can cope with. I find it easiest to first drink a sip of water, then put the pill in and take another little sip to swallow. After that, I drink a bit more. :)

lynnestankard
05-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Congrats Missy!! I know a couple of people who have the same problem!
I take my 7 tablets every morning all together with a mouthful of water - then another drink and thats it! Don always takes his tablets dry - makes me shudder!! :D :eek:

Lynne

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-27-2004, 11:15 AM
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! ;)

I don't have any problems taking pills ... and it is probably because..... when i was little i used to HATE lima beans (still do) and my parents would make me sit at the table till i finished my dinner... so to avoid that, i would eat my lima beans like medicine ... and wash em down whole with a big gulp of tea...

:p :p :p :p