PDA

View Full Version : please please please pray for Cheetah. SHe isn't doing well. :(

luckies4me
05-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Cheetah isn't doing so good. :( She hurt her leg about two weeks ago and hasn't been the same since. Though the wound is healed she is still limping on that leg. Today she has not eaten or drank all day and tomorrow we are taking her to the vet for tests. :( She is my baby girl and I am crying thinking I may lose her. She does not look good at all. :( I tried giving her some wet food and she will have nothing to do with it. Dan is laying with her in bed right now trying to comfort her. I am hoping and praying to god she does not have Leukemia. :( She is an indoor/outdoor cat but does not go beyong our porch. She is vaccinated but it's no quarantee. She just looks horrible. :( Please pray for her. I don't know what I would do if I lost her. She is only three years old and means the world to me. :(

jazzcat
05-26-2004, 10:59 PM
Oh poor Cheetah. Prayers are on the way.

Please let us know what you find out tomorrow.

luckies4me
05-26-2004, 11:11 PM
I most certainly will. :( I am so sad right now.

trayi52
05-26-2004, 11:27 PM
Cass, I hope Cheetah start feeling better, and it is not what you are thinking. Poor sweet Cheetah.:(

Cheetah will be in my prayers and thoughts. I hope you get a good report tomorrow.

Willie

Kfamr
05-26-2004, 11:56 PM
Oh Cass, I'm so sorry. :(

We'll be thinking of Cheetah.

luckies4me
05-26-2004, 11:58 PM
Thanks everyone. :( I will update as soon as I get back from the vets. She still hasn't touched her food. She is asleep on our bed with Dan.

Kfamr
05-27-2004, 12:22 AM
Is there anything tasty you could possibly mix in with it?

luckies4me
05-27-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Is there anything tasty you could possibly mix in with it?

She is very very picky. She won't even take treats ever, no matter what it is. I tried tuna juice and Nutrical, but nothing. :(

shais_mom
05-27-2004, 12:34 AM
prayers on the way

kimlovescats
05-27-2004, 12:41 AM
Oh no Cass!!! I will certainly pray for Cheetah. PLEASE let us know asap what you find out tomorrow!!!

(((((HUGS)))))

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-27-2004, 12:41 AM
Poor baby. I am prying that Cheetah gets well soon! Have you tried giving her some Chicken Baby Food?

Fallon
05-27-2004, 03:08 AM
Poor kitty I hope everything turns out alright! It seems like her leg has been hurt for a while.. It could be possible since she's still limping that there's a tiny infection inside and that may be causing her to be a bit sick. Though this may be the case it is very fixable. I'm sure she doesn't have leukemia.. I hope not! Just keep us updated on whatever happens.

catlover4ever
05-27-2004, 07:48 AM
Cass, I'm sending lots of prayers for Cheetah. I hope everything turns out OK with her. Please keep us posted. --- Meg

Vio&Juni
05-27-2004, 07:50 AM
We will keep our fingers and paws crossed here for pretty Cheetah.

Cataholic
05-27-2004, 08:17 AM
Prayers on the way for Cheetah.

ramanth
05-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Prayers for Cheetah.

Logan
05-27-2004, 08:29 AM
Maybe she just has a "bug", Cass. Think positive!!!!! :D

I'll keep her in my prayers and hope you get some good news at the vet today.

catmandu
05-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Found Cat Hotel Prayers , are on the way , For Cheetah , and we all hope that your leg , gets better!

catcrazylady
05-27-2004, 08:49 AM
Oh poor Cheetah! Prayers on the way and plese let us know what the doc says. Bless her heart.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif

luckies4me
05-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. We were not able to get her into the vet yesterday as they were booked solid. I thought they had a slot open at 2:30 but they didn't. :( She is still not doing well, but I did get her to take some Felidae canned food this morning, however she has still not taken to her water. I am going to try tuna juice right now and see what happens, and cook up some chicken as well. If she does not drink soon she is going to need IV's and we will be taking her into the ER clinic tonight after Dan gets off work. I hope the fluids will make her feel a bit better. She's been under my bed all day long, and has that pathetic look to her face. :(

rg_girlca
05-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Oh Cass, i'm so sorry to hear that Cheetah isn't doing well.
I hope and pray that it isn't anything serious and can be easily treated with some antibiotics. Fingers and paws crossed here until we hear from you tomorrow.

Dear God,
You heard our prayers for Jen's friend Deb and her cat Willie, please hear our prayers again for dear sweet Cheetah.
Thanks

CatMama78
05-27-2004, 09:36 PM
Oh No!! Poor Cheetah. Good vibes on the way. Since she's not drinking, taking her to the emergency may be a good idea :( . Oh I do hope she's better soon.

Steffi N
05-27-2004, 09:39 PM
I hope very much that whatever is afflicting Cheetah can be treated and that she will be better soon.

kimlovescats
05-27-2004, 10:05 PM
I hope you can get a vet appointment for Cheetah soon ... poor baby!!! :(

PayItForward
05-28-2004, 03:07 AM
Hugs for you & Cheetah, hope everything goes well at the vets :(

luckies4me
05-28-2004, 09:02 AM
Hi everyone. I tried to update last night but for some reason I forgot, hrmm. Anywho, we didn't have to take Cheetah to the vets last night as she seems to be doing a lot better. I got her to eat some canned food yesterday morning, and then I gave her some Nutrical which seemed to give her a boost. She came out from under the bed last night and was doing much better as she was finally rolling around when I scratched her tummy. She loves that! The vet said to start her on her anitbiotics again and she took them with little problems last night. She was walking around the living room talking to us and laying with us, when the day before all she did was stay under the bed the entire day. She has used the cat box too. I really think it's still her leg, with some bit of infection. The vet wants us to bring her in Tuesday or Wednesday just to make sure everything is going OK. I didn't want to take her to the ER unless I absolutely had too, so I am glad I waited. Last night I got her to drink a ton of tuna juice, which put something in her tummy and this morning she woke up after sleeping in her favorite cat bed all night and went right to the food and ate some kibble. :) So she is on the mend hopefully and I am praying the meds and some gentle extra loving care will go a long way for my little girl. Thanks everyone for the prayers, it sure seemed to work! :)

Karen
05-28-2004, 09:05 AM
Good to hear good news!

CatMama78
05-28-2004, 09:06 AM
Fantastic news!!! I'm so glad to hear she seems to have made a vast improvement.

Randi
05-28-2004, 09:11 AM
I'm glad she has started eating and drinking. :) If she has an infection, that can tire her out. Watch her carefully over the next few days - and make sure she drinks!

Keep getting better girl! :)

kimlovescats
05-28-2004, 09:16 AM
What a relief!!! I was worried about Cheetah, this is great news! I hope her infection will get all cleared up now, and she will be "good as new"!:)

Aspen and Misty
05-28-2004, 09:19 AM
Glad to hear the good News Cass! Keep getting better and better Cheetah!

Ash

luckies4me
05-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Thanks everyone. :) She is at the food bowl right now eating some wet food.

catlover4ever
05-28-2004, 10:39 AM
Cass, thanks for the good news.

sirrahbed
05-28-2004, 10:45 AM
Good news!!! Hopefully Cheetah will be good as new before too long! So scary to have a sick baby - that LOOK they have!

Steffi N
05-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the great news, Cass. Cheetah I hope your remaining infection clears up soon and that you are back to 100 percent :)

rg_girlca
05-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Oh Cass, I'm so happy to hear that Cheetah is doing better.
Great news.

luckies4me
05-28-2004, 08:49 PM
Cheetah is doing really well today. She just drank a ton of water and has been eating all day. :) She has been a lot more active and I think she is on the way to recovery.

PayItForward
05-29-2004, 03:58 AM
Glad to hear that Cheetah is getting better :D

catcrazylady
05-29-2004, 05:34 AM
Great news!! I'm so happy that Cheetah is better!!:) :) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif