PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Keth & her Furkids

Keth
05-26-2004, 09:05 PM
*waves* *looks around the forum*

Hi, my net name is Keth and I... *scuffs toe* ...have furkids

*"Hi Keth" echoes back, ala group meeting*

Looks like the little furballz and I are in good company :D

Now that I've gotten my digital camera to cough up my pictures and I've had a chance to edit them, I thought I'd take sirrahbed's wonderful advice and post a little intro for all of us. :) My spoiled child Bimpy will probably put her two cents in as well.

I've got 4 little furchilds here: Goob, who is 12; Spook, who is 10; Bimpy, who is 8; and Thud, who will turn 8 in June. Goob and Spook are shelter rescues, and Bimpy and Thud are 'injured kitties found in the alley' rescues.

Without further ado, lets see if the forum will let me get all 4 of their pics up...

This is Goob in his New Year's photo (I used this shot in a card I sent to my folks) The poor lil guy recently had a number of teeth pulled, so he's getting spoiled with a canned food diet now (the vet says he's probably be able to handle hard kibble fine, but... well... guilt ya know *chuckle*) It's turned him into a great alarm clock *grumble*

http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v152/kethwyn/Kitties/Goobitude_2.jpg

*psst* Hey, is me, da Bimpy! I wansa putz my toof kibbles in too. Meowmie and daddee call Goob "Gummo" cuz of his missin toofs, but he sez it doan stop him from eatin the krunchies. Jes doan tell Meowmie or she'll quit givin him da squishy food. We like sneakin in an gettin his leftovahs.

Here's her royal tortitude, Spook, who's actually had a bit of a rough time of it. I adopted her after she'd been brought in as a stray. Someone had slammed her tail in a door and nearly severed it. Our vet saved her tail, but she still sports the bald spot in the middle from the injury. She's had a run in with fatty liver disease (h.l.) too, and is currently working on trying to reduce her plushness.

http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v152/kethwyn/Kitties/fuzzy_pook_sm.jpg

Ah, the spoiled one, Bimpy. I found her as a kitten in the alley with a broken right front paw. The royal sceptre she often offers are those same broken tootsies, now healed. Her name is actually a play off her "fancy" name, Banshee, and the name my housemate called her while her paw healed... Gimpy. She fetches, and will carry on a delightful conversation if you talk to her.

http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v152/kethwyn/Kitties/sleepy_B_sm.jpg

Aw, lookee... is Me! Da Bimpy! I's so cute! *flops* *cutes* I'm da Bimpy! Gotta luv me!

Thud is named for the noise he makes when he jumps up or jumps down from anything. At 20 lbs of nearly solid muscle, he's not a cat, he's a micropanther. And to think my housemate found him as a tiny kitten someone had dumped because he had an umbilical hernia. Hard to believe he was ever that small. His "fancy" name is Thunder, but he's scared of the stuff. Poor guy has been having a rough spring, what with all the storms here in Ohio lately.

http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v152/kethwyn/Kitties/thudchair_sm.jpg

Thudders cries when his daddee goez outzide or to dat wurk stuff or anytime hes not ins da house purty much. Meowmie sez he has "sep-purr-aye-shun anx-eye-ee-tee"

After lurking around here for a while, I've found that PT has some pretty great and interesting people here... not to mention everyone's adorable and snuggly furkids. As Bimpy likes to say "Headbuttz to all da kitties"

Meowmie...gotta feedz me... feedz me Meowmie.. Meowmie? ... I kin see da bottom of one of da bowls Meowmie... Meeeooowwmieee...

Keth & http://www.giant.net/~kethry/images/bimpanim.gif Bimpy

prechrswife
05-26-2004, 09:14 PM
Welcome! Love your intro and your furkids are beautiful!:)

kimlovescats
05-26-2004, 09:21 PM
What a delightful introduction.... your furkids are very SPECIAL indeed!!! So nice to have all of you here at PT!!! :D

RedHedd
05-26-2004, 09:47 PM
WOW! Great to meet you and your fur-family.

catnapper
05-26-2004, 10:49 PM
Welcome (again!!!)

I loved your intro! It seems as we've got another person with a great sense of humor! I can't wait to hear all about them on a regular basis! :)

jazzcat
05-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Great intro and I love the pics and comments from the furkids.

AmberLee
05-26-2004, 11:40 PM
Oh my! What a delightful family. I'm looking forward to learning more about you all!

Fallon
05-27-2004, 03:45 AM
What beautiful kitties. It's nice to know you have a kind heart and took in all of these beauties. Welcome and I hope you have lots of fun. Can't wait to hear from you more.

trinity
05-27-2004, 06:23 AM
You have beautiful furkids! I will admit to being partial to Thud already. Hubby and I had a micropanther of our own who went to the RB about 4 years ago. His name was Morgan and Thud reminds me of him. Give him an extra scritch from me please? I have a 20 pounder of my own that gets the knickname Thunder Paws when he runs thru the house....:rolleyes:

neko1
05-27-2004, 06:30 AM
Welcome to PT!!! Your furries are so cute! I'm quite partial to the orangie;) I am owned by 4 kitties which are in my signature- Cookie the black/white, Neko the grey tabby, Pumpkin the orangie girl, and Tama the blue Abyssinian.

catlover4ever
05-27-2004, 07:54 AM
Keth, thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures of your beautiful furkids, and welcome to PT.

My name is Meg and I have 5 furkids...4 were dumped around my house so I guess you could say they were rescues and Tigger was one that we actually planned on taking in from a friend just after I got married.

I look forward to more pictures. --- Meg

Killearn Kitties
05-27-2004, 08:04 AM
What very cute photographs and bios. All of your furries look very sweet.

Welcome to Pet Talk.

Cataholic
05-27-2004, 08:10 AM
Hello, Keth! And, welcome to PT. Hello to your fine mini-herd, too!

catcrazylady
05-27-2004, 08:14 AM
Welcome aboard!! It was really nice to meet your furkids and they are all adorable!! We will be looking forward to hearing more from you and the furbies!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

You can see all of my brats below except for the blind kitty Mr. Magoo! I have to update my signature!

ramanth
05-27-2004, 08:19 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! :D

Loved your into and your fur babies are goreous! I'm partial to the black and white kitties... :D

catmandu
05-27-2004, 08:42 AM
WELCOME < WELCOME to Pet Talk , and you have such Terrific , Well Cared For Companions , andThe Found Cats send a GIANT MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOW To Your Clowder!

sirrahbed
05-27-2004, 09:20 AM
I guess I already said welcome, but I will say it again..
WELCOME TO PT :D
Loved seeing the pictures - all of them. I AM partial to orangies and so love to see spoiled Bimpy (who reminds me of Pumpkin!)
This is such a fun place and hopefully, you will be addicted soon. I have to say, you showed amazing restraint to be able to lurk an entire MONTH!!! Wow! You must already know us by now! (THAT is scary thought:rolleyes: ) Anyway, hope you will check in often with lots of pictures!

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Welcome! Your kids are adorable. :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-27-2004, 09:36 AM
WELCOME TO PET TALK!!

It is so nice to meet you and your WONDERFUL furrkids!!

They are all so cute!!

I have two kitties..

Tinky is my creme colored sweety pie girl...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pdb22b4c3aff2470ae130c704c53bd191/fb02e015.jpg

and Jupiter is my big ole orangie boy....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/p2afed98c6e5fbd61b54be5b5aae14b5a/f92ca871.jpg

kuhio98
05-27-2004, 09:48 AM
Welcome Keth, Goob, Spook, Bimpy and Thud! Glad to meet you. Gee, how did I know that when you said Spook had an attitude that she was a tortie? :D

I'm currently owned by my first tortie and Cammie (short for camoflage) has been giving me lessons on tortitude!

Goob, I love your pale pink nosey. Many, many kisses to you. Bimpy, you big goof. How could anyone not love you. You are adorable. And Thud, Miss Halo is a good "thudder" herself. What a beautiful, glossy, black micropanther you are. Welcome everyone!

CatMama78
05-27-2004, 10:28 AM
the furkids are adorable. I love these pictures. Hmmmm, they are all so cute - sounds like even though some have had a rough go, they all have a great life with you.

Keth
05-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Da Kitties and I thank everyone for a great welcome to PT. I do most of my reading of PT from work, which is why I've been able to lurk for so long. Everytime I even think about posting, it seems something interrupts me (hence why it took me all morning to write this reply *grin* ). I can be a slow typer to start with at times, and being interrupted doesn't help *chuckle* Why can't these people here realize I've got important PT things to do? :D

Goob sends headbuttz without slobber to all the PT kitties and to anyone who'll give him tuna. I got the headbuttz with slobber this morning in bed *ewww* Bimpy gives her "Bimpy Wave" to all the orangies and orangie lovers (it's a royal sceptre offered while she stands up against your leg and stretches. She stretches her paw over her head to get your attention)

Thud says to tell trinity "ooo....Tankoo fur da scritchies. Kin I haf a nudder... and a nudder... and a nudder... Meowmie, yous not scritchin... *paw* *paw*" He then proceeded to drag his fang across my hand.. the Thud sign of contentment. He also says to tell Kuhio98 that Miss Halo looks too ladylike to be a "thudder"

Da Kitties also send a big MMIIAAAOOUU back to catmandu and The Found Cats. :)

lizzielou742
05-27-2004, 02:25 PM
Welcome Keth! Your furbabies are adorable!

PayItForward
05-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Welcome Keth :D

I am owned by the eight kitties you can see in my signature.

Seven are in England with me and sweet annie will be flying from USA to over to join the herd in Oct :D I can't wait !!!!

Uabassoon
05-27-2004, 02:42 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Your furkids are so beautiful! I can't wait to hear more about them and see some more pictures :)

ChrisH
05-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Keth! :) Loved your intro, kitty bios, and the great pictures of your gorgeous crew!:D

Chris

rg_girlca
05-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Welcome again Keth. What gorgeous pictures of your furkids and great intro's. I'm already in love with Bimpy. Sounds like a real character that one.

rosethecopycat
05-31-2004, 04:39 PM
Welcome to PT, Keth.

Your kitties are wonderful. And Bimpy talks like some certain firedogs that lurk around here.

I have three cats:

Snowy -quasi Blue Point Siamese boy, he's really a Taupe Point (does not exist)

Mr. Jones- the Tuxedo clad butler.

And Bella- my yearling Tortipoint Siamese girl.
She is my furpiece, and I do my chores with her wrapped around my shoulders.
:D